Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Official Addons Developer Status

Asked Modified Viewed 2,424 times
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked
Fusioneer

Hi,

I noticed I have been given Approved Addons Developer Status.

I Applied for Addons Dev Status because I have 2 or more officialy Approved Addons in the DB I understand only that, everything else about the Addons Dev Status I do not understand and I hope an admin in the know can clarify some of my questions, this will help me and other users understand what this means more.

OK, some questions.

[olist=1] I have Approved Addons Developer Status, what does this mean?
Is Approved Addons Developer Status linked with the PHPFusion 3rd Party License/EPAL Lisence and does this mean I now have to or can release my Addons under some other license?
Are My Addons Approved Official Addons or Approved 3rd Party Addons?[/olist]

Thank you for your time.

Craig D
0 replies

11 posts

H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Did you read the terms of the license when you applied?

PHPFusion Addon Agreement, PAA (v1.0)

PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PROPRIETARY ADDON LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR EPAL. BY EXERCISING ANY OF THE RIGHTS STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT EXERT ANY OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED BY THE AGREEMENT.

PHPFusion Addon Agreement, PAA (v1.0), is an agreement between you and PHPFusion, to be accepted by you when you apply for Enduser PHPFusion Addon License, EPAL, v 1.0. This agreement is null and void if any part of this text is modified or not accepted by you.

PHPFusion will not be held accountable for the products sold under this agreement, we do however use this agreement for approval of any submitted Addon and PHPFusion state that any addon that is approved under this agreement, PAA, at the time for it's approval was coded in accordance with PHPFusion coding standards, that PHPFusion deems your Addon to be of such a high standard and originality that we allow you to use this agreement in conjunction with the Enduser PHPFusion Addon License, EPAL, v 1.0. This also gives You the right to use any kind of logos provided by PHPFusion, for public display and for marketing purposes.

PHPFusion is not responsible in any way for errors caused by you upgrading or updating your work, this agreement is based on the specific code submitted by you while applying, PHPFusion is not responsible for any measures you take with your code after our approval. Hence, it must be stated visibly which version your Addon is valid for in relation this agreement and that version only. If You undertake changes to the code, PHPFusion shall be kept notified, and in the case you make a major upgrade, You must apply again with your updated code. This is not necessary for changes to your code based solely on security routines.

This part of the agreement is between you and PHPFusion only. PHPFusion will provide a License for you to use with your customers. You must use that License in order for this agreement to be valid and of legitimate status. The text of that License, Enduser PHPFusion Addon License, EPAL (v1.0), is the enduser license which You must License Your software under and that is the License You accept to use for interacting with Your customers. This agreement cannot be used without the full understanding and acceptance of Enduser PHPFusion Addon License, EPAL, v 1.0
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

Thank You for your Reply Philip, some questions again!

OK so I can release all new Addons under EPAL?

Can I choose to release under AGPL if I want to?

What if code is already AGPL?

Do I now add Enduser PHPFusion Addon License, EPAL, v 1.0 Text in Addon Archives now instead or AGPL?

I also have Copyright Removal License, Can I have both CRL and EPAL at the same time?
Edited by Craig on 10-01-2011 20:31,
0 replies
M
MarcusG
M
Ex Senior Dev.
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 182 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered

Every addon has to be approved for EPAL. You can not automatically publish under EPAL only because you are approved addon developer (which i am too).
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

So Do I publish Addons Under AGPL?

Are my Addons 3rd Party Addons?
Edited by Craig on 10-01-2011 23:17,
0 replies
M
MarcusG
M
Ex Senior Dev.
  • Member, joined since
answered

1. You are not an approved AddOn Developer (compare your profile with mine).
2. You have to submit every addon which you want to publish under EPAL, for approval from the developers of php fusion.

3. Yes, your addons are 3rd party addons.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

1. I am An approved Addons Developer.

2. I would like someone from MT or Team Lisence to answer my questions.

3. I would like answers from people in the know.

4. Why have I not got that User Field?
Edited by Craig on 12-01-2011 15:33,
0 replies
H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
answered
Veteran Member

It's Nick's funeral today. Please be patient waiting for things to get back to normal.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

Yeah I know I did not realise that when I was posting.

No problem Philip.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Also, how come there is NO Third Party Logo beside my Addons in the DB?
I noticed beside Marcus G Addons that his mods have an 3rd party addon image beside them but mine do not.

I have been granted the Offical Addons Developer Status I was sent the message from phil stating my application was approved,

The image is viewable in my dashboard but no where else, it does not appear in my profile and there's no 3rd party Addon Badge beside all addons by me in the DB.

Please see the attached image.

Also as you can see from this image it thinks I have 1 Addon in the DB however as you can see I have more than this.

I tried checking by changing my username to Fangree Productions, however this made no difference it then said I have 0 addons in the DB.

Thanks

www.fangree.co.uk/images/what.png
0 replies
S
smokeman
S
  • Contributed 920 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 79 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

I've apply for the Approved Addons Developer Status for about 3 week ago. I know you admins are very busy - but how long time should I be prepared there can go ?
0 replies
M
MarcusG
M
Ex Senior Dev.
  • Member, joined since
answered

http://staff.php-fusion.co.uk/infusions/staff_application/application.php
0 replies
S
smokeman
S
answered
Veteran Member

What ?? I s it now required that I should be a part of the Staff - or else I can't being an Approved Addons Developer ?

I don't wish to be a part of the staff - I have being Admin on the Danish Officiel Site. And that's nothing my temper can take. ;)
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 11 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

C
C
Craig 14
S
S
H
H
Just some Guy
M
M
Ex Senior Dev.
  • Member, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet