Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Installation Woes

Asked Modified Viewed 2,408 times
W
wvcaudill2
W
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 32 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello, I seem to have a problem with installing php-fusion v6 on my website, http://www.loltech.net. I kept getting a 500 Internal Server Error. I contacted my host, and I was first told:

In regards to the error that you're getting, the path is using relative pathing (../../..), which would not be allowed. The error means that you are attempting to access areas outside of your website, which are not allowed. You are on a shared server, so you are only allowed to access temporary storage areas and the area where your website is stored.

Then, I contacted them again and was told:

We have reviewed the PHP code in maincore.php and it requires a config.php, which does not exist. The code is flawed in that it infinitely looks one level up forever, so that it never stops to generate an error message that it can't find config.php.

We've created an empty config.php file so that the code is no longer in an infinite loop.

I know they are trying to be really helpfull in all, but I am not sure what to do or how to solve this problem. When they added the config.php, I was able to install, but then I started getting that same error again.

By the way, I just recently decided to go back to PHPFusion after using Joomla for a while, so please forgive me for the questions or problems I may have.

Also, I would like to congratulate the whole PHPFusion team and community because you have once again atttracted me back. In fact, I must say that I absolutely hated Joomla, I was miserable with them.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advanced!
0 replies

15 posts

W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

I was thinking, is it possible that this is a bug? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or is this a server problem? I have tried to install many times, and it isnt working out. Can you please tell me how to fix it, or maybe make an update fixing it?

Thanks!
0 replies
M
Matonor
M
Impossible things are there to be made possible
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,022 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

there is a blank_config.php in the installation package. you are supposed to rename it to config.php before installation (it is not named config.php as otherwise one might accidently overwrite the config of an existing installation.)
If there is an config.php in the PHPFusion root and you installed successfully, it is not possible that the error is coming up again unless you delete or rename config.php
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

Well, I have a config.php file, and it has the correct info in it now, and when I installed PHPFusion, it said it was successfull, but I am still getting the error.
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

I just looked at my website's error logs, and this seems to be the error I get most often:

PHP Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../.
0 replies
M
Matonor
M
Impossible things are there to be made possible
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,022 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

where is config.php?
what file is not found?
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

config.php is in my root directory, and I am not sure what files that is, I just copied and pasted what it said. Here ar some mroe errors I am getting:

PHP Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/maincore.php on line 37
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 275 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

What's the hotel name? sometimes internal error 500 means you need chmod 755 where the readme says 777....

it seems a bit weird that maincore would look for config att a path below itself. so only explanation is the loop, (it looks one folder down at a time).

is the file empty? if config is empty, try using http://www.loltech.net/setup.php and see what it says about write permissions. also see in phpmyadmin what is going on, is the database tables created?

lots of questions, i know :)
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

Hotel name? I neve chmod'd anything, and the config file is not empty, and yes the tables have been setup.
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
answered

yes, the place that hosts your files, or are you running your own server?

just to make sure, the config looks sorta like this:

<?php
// database settings
$db_host="localhost";
$db_user="root";
$db_pass="xxxxxx";
$db_name="test";
$db_prefix="fusion_";
define("DB_PREFIX", "fusion_");
?>
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

Oh, HOST name, my host is meccahosting.com, and yes, my config looks exactly like that.
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
answered

Hm, it does find something, it does the redirect to news.php, so it indeed finds config.php i guess.

What about themes, did you perhaps delete some you thought were unnecessary?
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

I did not delete any, but I added lots
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

I think I figured out the problem. One of the themes was corrupted, so I deleted it and everything seems to bew orking ok. I am going to test it out before saying for sure though.
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
answered

ah, nice going, i'm sure that was it. At least if the theme was the default one.
0 replies
W
wvcaudill2
W
answered

Yep, that was indeed the problem. Thanks for all your help!
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 15 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet