Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

email registration file not sent

Asked Modified Viewed 1,511 times
C
Crisium
C
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 27 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 10 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi,

when users try and register on my site http://osghelp.com they never get the email notification to activate there account.

I have tried to send an email directly from the server to my gmail account and there is no problem.

Do I need to set something up?

anyone have an idea what I am missing?

thanks,
peter
0 replies

7 posts

H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

You won't receive any help for a site with the copyright removed. Apologies if you purchased a licence. No CR's can be removed from V7 as it's not fully released yet. But, your site looks V6. Pls clarify...
0 replies
C
Crisium
C
answered

HobbyMan wrote:
You won't receive any help for a site with the copyright removed. Apologies if you purchased a licence. No CR's can be removed from V7 as it's not fully released yet. But, your site looks V6. Pls clarify...

Hi,

my site is based on V6... this is the second time I have received a message about the copyright? did not know a license was possible? I also was sure I read some place that the footer could be changed (and leaving the copyright was only recommended).

what does a licence cost? ah I see the "php-fusion licensing" menu link.. will check it out.

Peter
0 replies
M
MrSimple
M
Make it work... keep it simple...
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 324 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

And the same warning applies for the bluestone theme from Fuzed Themes you're using. They are known for prosecuting those who removed their copyright notice from their themes.
Edited by MrSimple on 28-06-2008 22:12,
0 replies
C
Crisium
C
answered

MrSimple wrote:
And the same warning applies for the bluestone theme from Fuzed Themes you're using. They are known for prosecuting those who removed their copyright notice from their themes.

hi,

I just read the license for V6 and I can freely remove the copyright, so there shouldn't be a problem there. It seems that v7 has changed that rule.

Don't remember the condition for bluestone fuzed themes,... but I would not have removed any copyright if they have stated it... so I would very much like to see a link to where you have seen this statement.. and if true... I will happily include it.

peter

PS: really seems to be a battle of copyrights going on ... what has happen to the net?
0 replies
C
Crisium
C
answered

Hi,

just to clear up the copyright stuff... I had removed it to give the site a certain look.. but as I can see that php-fusion has started to force copyrights to be visible and fuzed themes for his own reason also forces copyright notices to be visible... I have added them again (both of them)... this should clear all disputes...

I like the php-fusion and fuzed themes... so I won't dis-honar them.

thanks,
peter
0 replies
H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

PS: really seems to be a battle of copyrights going on ... what has happen to the net?

It's not much to ask to acknowledge the huge amount of work that's goes into coding a CMS. If it's not enforced, people take advantage and claim the work as their own or by omission allow others to assume it's theirs.

Yes, you can remove the CR from V6, but don't expect anyone to help you here.

p.s. you posted in "PHPFusion 7 Support :: Installation Issues", hence the original query.
Edited by HobbyMan on 29-06-2008 01:42,
0 replies
B
Basti
B
Basti 10
[PHP-Fusion Crew Member & Admin from June 2008 - December 2010]

http://basti2web.de - Support Site for my infusions
  • Contributed 1,099 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

p.s. you posted in "PHPFusion 7 Support :: Installation Issues", hence the original query.

Thread moved to "v6 Support" ;)
Edited by Basti on 29-06-2008 11:24,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet