Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

On registration user gets "points"

Asked Modified Viewed 2,591 times
U
Unknown98
U
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 113 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Ok, in my game I need to give the user startup money. They get his when they register. I would use the MySQL INSERET INTO command to insert the fixed number into the database to display later. How do I do this in Fusion? I'd know how to do it normally, but I don't know where to start in Fusion. Can I edit the register.php file? Also how would I select that certian user's stats from the table? So that when they go to the page that displays their "money" it shows "Unknown98's" money, or "Peter's" money?
Edited by Unknown98 on 23-06-2008 01:24,
0 replies

7 posts

G
grr
G
grr 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

Try www.starglowone.com. They have this thing called "User Gold". Edit the locales to suit your needs
0 replies
U
Unknown98
U
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thanks, I'll check it out.
0 replies
J
jipeus
J
jipeus 10
female is the best of God's creation,pfft
but shemale is the worst of Man's creation. angry
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered

permission to check it out too :)
0 replies
U
Unknown98
U
  • Member, joined since
answered

What? I accually ended up just creating it up from scratch, works like a charm :). I am still confused though as to where I would put the code in the register.php file that gives the user their startup "points".
0 replies
G
googlebot
G
Visit the new home of the merge between Hacking Vs. Security and Security Override!
My copyright removal has been switched over from HvS to SecurityOverride.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 638 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 28 threads in the forums
answered

Unknown98 wrote:
What? I accually ended up just creating it up from scratch, works like a charm :). I am still confused though as to where I would put the code in the register.php file that gives the user their startup "points".

Im guessing (because it's most logical) that you added a field to the PREFIX_users table, such as gold or something.

Upon registration, you add gold by looking for where other values are inserted into the database. Add your query in, and upon registration the account should have the gold. But remember, you'll have to add it to profile.php (I think that's it) if you want their gold to show in their profile..
0 replies
U
Unknown98
U
  • Member, joined since
answered

Yes, what I did was add a field to the FUSION_users table, called money. Good tip about the profile, I might use it. Unless... are the profiles public? Ithink they are. It the profile is public, then that won't work, because players aren't supposed to know how much money each other has. I created a new page that shows all the player's stats, where they live in the game, how much money they have, how much strength, their weekly bills, etc etc. Thanks for the tip about where to add the code to, I'll look for it. I had already, but couldn't find it. Then again, it was midnight. :P
0 replies
X
Xessive
X
I am not always right, but I'm never wrong.
http://www.xessive.nl
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 327 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

You can check if the profile viewed is the same as the user who's viewing it. If that's so, then you can display the amount of money.

so in short:

if profile_id=1 and viewer_profile_id=1 then {
display amount of money
}
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet