Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Certain Backup ?

Asked Modified Viewed 3,417 times
H
hame
H
hame 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 423 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 44 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Can you Backup only Certain sql lines from 6.01.15 to Ver7 ?? for instance only restore users and Forum ??

I made this new thread because it want related to my other question.
0 replies

13 posts

H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

I deemed this more related to v. 7 upgrading issues that v. 6. Thread moved.
0 replies
S
starefossen
S
www.postexus.com - Follow Postexus on Facebook.
  • Contributed 359 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 20 threads in the forums
answered

You don't need to to such. When upgrading from v6.01.15 til v7.00.00 everything stays, nothing is beeing deleted.

In other words, you can upgrade and still keep all your users and forum without backing up and restoring them after upgrade.

Remember, alwyas make backup of all files and database entries beofre upgrading, just in case!
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
answered

Starefossen, i wish it was that easy =] i had some mods in the core files and i couldnt remeber what i had added so i ended up getting a bunch of errors so i decided to delete everything and start over. Now i have about 750 users that id like to recover =] is this possible ? i have a ver 6.01.15 backup. I tried simply adding the user table in the backup but it wont work. Do you have any suggestions on how i could bring back v6 users to ver 7 ?
0 replies
S
starefossen
S
answered

Well;

1. Remove everything

2. Upload latest version of PHPFusion 6 and install it, clean instal

3. Upload the backup

4. Updgrade to PHPFusion 7

Follow the steps and you should have no problem!
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; only transformed !
  • Contributed 722 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@hame..
You can do as starefossen suggests but I can tell you; I did exactly what you are talking about with no problems at all. As for users I simply extracted the user portion of the backup (create table and data), then I changed the users theme choices back to default that had chosen one that no longer exists in v7, then saved the file as .sql Next I went to my hosts phpMyAdmin and did an import of the sql file. Worked like a charm.
;)
P.S. 750 users are a lot. If you have a 'search and replace function' (I use my html editor that I've had for years; Site Aid)simply search on the theme names one at a time and replace with 'Default'...

*EDIT* Note capital D on default.....

Hope this helps your problem.
Edited by Grimloch on 29-08-2008 13:41,
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
answered

Thanks Grimloch...

Ok i changed everyones theme to default with my editor.

Now, can i delete everything around the
# Table Data for fusion_users
and just keep the user tables in the file ? and then try to run a Restore or do i have to do it through phpMyAdmin ?
do i run it as a Query in phpMyAdmin ?

This is a copy of one of the user lines:

INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_web, user_theme, user_offset, user_avatar, user_sig, user_posts, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, strike1, strike2, strike3) VALUES (14, 'dekiman', '3d01b0e49249de895b75a7ea3f1b0a3d', 'dekiman018@yahoo.com', 0, '', '0000-00-00', '', '', '', '', '', 'Default', '0', '', '', 0, 1207158430, 1217110837, '93.184.90.194', '', '', 101, 0, 0, 0, 0);

Would i just copy and paste all the lines {1 line = 1 user] and then just run it ? Can you please explain this a little better =]
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

hame wrote:
Thanks Grimloch...

Ok i changed everyones theme to default with my editor.

Now, can i delete everything around the
and just keep the user tables in the file ? and then try to run a Restore or do i have to do it through phpMyAdmin ?
do i run it as a Query in phpMyAdmin ?

This is a copy of one of the user lines:

INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_web, user_theme, user_offset, user_avatar, user_sig, user_posts, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, strike1, strike2, strike3) VALUES (14, 'dekiman', '3d01b0e49249de895b75a7ea3f1b0a3d', 'dekiman018@yahoo.com', 0, '', '0000-00-00', '', '', '', '', '', 'Default', '0', '', '', 0, 1207158430, 1217110837, '93.184.90.194', '', '', 101, 0, 0, 0, 0);

Would i just copy and paste all the lines {1 line = 1 user] and then just run it ? Can you please explain this a little better =]

OK; delete EVERYTHING from the backup file EXCEPT the table 'DROP and CREATE' lines and the 'INSERT INTO TABLE' user lines. Save that as an SQL file; for instance: Myusers.sql..... here is my example:
#
# Structure for Table fusion_users
#
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS fusion_users;
CREATE TABLE fusion_users (
  user_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  user_name varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  user_password varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  user_admin_password varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  user_email varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_hide_email tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
  user_offset char(3) NOT NULL default '0',
  user_avatar varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_posts smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_threads text NOT NULL,
  user_joined int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_lastvisit int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_ip varchar(20) NOT NULL default '0.0.0.0',
  user_rights text NOT NULL,
  user_groups text NOT NULL,
  user_level tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '101',
  user_status tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_theme varchar(100) NOT NULL default 'Default',
  user_location varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  user_birthdate date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
  user_aim varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',
  user_icq varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
  user_msn varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_yahoo varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_sig text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (user_id),
  KEY user_name (user_name),
  KEY user_joined (user_joined),
  KEY user_lastvisit (user_lastvisit)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=74 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

#
#
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, `user_password etc. etc etc.

And then go to your phpMyadmin, open your database and click on the IMPORT tab near the top. Browse to sql file you saved on your computer and select it, then import it.
I can't answer whether or not you can use the Fusion Restore screen to import the file because I haven't done it that way but it probably will work as well.
:)
*NOTE* Be sure that the 'd' is capitalized in Default for all your users.
Edited by Grimloch on 29-08-2008 13:43,
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
answered

the fact that Ver6 and Ver7 have different table lines like admin_password and stuff does that matter ? and do i have to add them also ?
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

hame wrote:
the fact that Ver6 and Ver7 have different table lines like admin_password and stuff does that matter ? and do i have to add them also ?

OOPPsss...... sorry about the confusion there; YES. You need to use the 'TABLE CREATE' lines from version 7 otherwise you'll end up with a version 6 users table in a version 7 install; and you definitely don't want that !

If you have version7 installed already I recommend this procedure:
Make a database backup of v7 so you have the properly formatted sql lines for it. Extract the users 'Drop Table' and 'Create Table' lines from it adding your version6 user data w/themes changed to 'Default', to the end of it. Save it as Myusers.sql and then go to your phpMyadmin and do the IMPORT function.
B)
Edited by Grimloch on 30-08-2008 00:49,
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
answered

LoL !! sorry im still kinda confused i know what your talking about, but i will still have to add all the lines before:

'dekiman', < [read above post] so everything before that text has to be there everything after it shouldnt matter correct??
here is what i mean: [ this is a ver. 7 back up of the user line:
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_admin_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_offset, user_avatar, user_posts, user_threads, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, user_theme, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_web, user_sig) VALUES (9, 'XXX', 'd94bdf6a83695f5a48106f778b356484', '', 'XXX@hotmail.com', 1, '-13', '', 0, '', 1219828378, 1219828708, '210.50.228.5', '', '', 101, 0, 'Default', 'australia', '1961-06-28', '', '', '', '', '');

and this is ver 6 backup [1 line from user table]

INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_web, user_theme, user_offset, user_avatar, user_sig, user_posts, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, strike1, strike2, strike3) VALUES (10, 'dastin', '05b12687c4e67df22ca0445391b6a78e', 'XXX@gmx.net', 0, '', '0000-00-00', '', '', '', '', '', 'Default', '0', '', '', 0, 1207115841, 1218540463, '92.240.50.19', '', '', 101, 0, 0, 0, 0);

So everything before VALUES in Ver6 Backup needs to be changed to what it is in Ver7 ??? everything after the text VALUES will work Right? hehehe SORRY but i wanna be sure that i understand everything before i make any changes Thanks in advance GRIMLOCH !!!!
Edited by hame on 30-08-2008 09:13,
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

hame wrote:
LoL !! sorry im still kinda confused i know what your talking about, but i will still have to add all the lines before:

'dekiman', < [read above post] so everything before that text has to be there everything after it shouldnt matter correct??
here is what i mean: [ this is a ver. 7 back up of the user line:
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_admin_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_offset, user_avatar, user_posts, user_threads, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, user_theme, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_web, user_sig) VALUES (9, 'XXX', 'd94bdf6a83695f5a48106f778b356484', '', 'XXX@hotmail.com', 1, '-13', '', 0, '', 1219828378, 1219828708, '210.50.228.5', '', '', 101, 0, 'Default', 'australia', '1961-06-28', '', '', '', '', '');

:) OK: Let's take this step by step.

1) We're only talking about restoring your 'USERS' from your ver6 backup to your ver7 new installation.
2) The method we're using is your host's phpMyadmin 'IMPORT' function.
3) You DON'T need ( <php? ) and ( ?> ) ANYWHERE in the file you will create called Myusers.sql as it's an SQL text file and NOT a php file.
4) I will now post a portion of my ACTUAL file I used to do the same on my system (assuming there are only 3 users)......

#
# Structure for Table fusion_users
#
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS fusion_users;
CREATE TABLE fusion_users (
  user_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  user_name varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  user_password varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  user_admin_password varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  user_email varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_hide_email tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
  user_offset char(3) NOT NULL default '0',
  user_avatar varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_posts smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_threads text NOT NULL,
  user_joined int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_lastvisit int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_ip varchar(20) NOT NULL default '0.0.0.0',
  user_rights text NOT NULL,
  user_groups text NOT NULL,
  user_level tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '101',
  user_status tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  user_theme varchar(100) NOT NULL default 'Default',
  user_location varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  user_birthdate date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
  user_aim varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',
  user_icq varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
  user_msn varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_yahoo varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  user_sig text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (user_id),
  KEY user_name (user_name),
  KEY user_joined (user_joined),
  KEY user_lastvisit (user_lastvisit)
) ENGINE=MyISAM [color=#cc3333]AUTO_INCREMENT=74[/color] DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

#
#
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_admin_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_offset, user_avatar, user_posts, user_threads, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, user_theme, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_sig) VALUES (9, 'Robert Salazar', '09fa6dc5d01788201df7b57cfc551002', '', 'rasalazar1@comcast.net', 0, '0', 'DCP_0265-1[9].JPG', 0, '', 1207796964, 1218390272, '76.31.88.113', '', '.1', 101, 0, '[color=#cc3333]Default[/color]', '', '1961-02-15', '', '', '', '', 'Robert Salazar\r\nAMA 596597');
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_admin_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_offset, user_avatar, user_posts, user_threads, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, user_theme, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_sig) VALUES (10, 'Ron Towery', '2daaff1eeb33410355ba00d97f99f45d', '', 'rontowery@ubahouston.org', 0, '-6', '', 0, '', 1207834369, 1212524198, '216.201.231.122', '', '.1', 101, 0, '[color=#cc3333]Default[/color]', 'Jersey Village, TX USA', '0000-00-00', '', '', '', '', 'slo-mo-shun');
INSERT INTO fusion_users (user_id, user_name, user_password, user_admin_password, user_email, user_hide_email, user_offset, user_avatar, user_posts, user_threads, user_joined, user_lastvisit, user_ip, user_rights, user_groups, user_level, user_status, user_theme, user_location, user_birthdate, user_aim, user_icq, user_msn, user_yahoo, user_sig) VALUES (11, 'Jeff Schultze', '728a9bdf3295e6317d3ffee081e7669c', '', 'jschultze76@yahoo.com', 1, '0', '', 0, '', 1207838643, 1216788393, '70.241.90.183', '', '.1', 101, 0, '[color=#cc3333]Default[/color]', '', '0000-00-00', '', '', '', '', '');

This is my actual file called myusers.sql (with only 3 users shown)...
If you were to copy and paste this code (getting rid of my 3 users and substituting your 175 users) save it as "whatever".sql and then IMPORT it using your host's phpMyadmin function; you can't go wrong ! One more thing ... If the actual 'userid count in your file is 175 then change the 'AUTO_INCREMENT= value in the 'TABLE CREATE' line to 176, which will be the next userid assigned to the next user that registers.
I hope this is all clear enough.
Edited by Grimloch on 30-08-2008 13:41,
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
answered

Ok that was great!! now i understand .... Right now i have 56 Registered memebers so i would copy my 700+ Lines and change their numbers to 57,58,59,60 and so on... And whatever line is last [for instance 799] i would put AUTO_INCREMENT=800 ??
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

hame wrote:
Ok that was great!! now i understand .... Right now i have 56 Registered memebers so i would copy my 700+ Lines and change their numbers to 57,58,59,60 and so on... And whatever line is last [for instance 799] i would put AUTO_INCREMENT=800 ??

NO NO NO !!! Don't change ANY user lines except for the 'user theme names to Default' which you've already done ! Hopefully you kept the same SuperAdmin login info for your version7 install, as your version6 site??; in which case the SuperAdmin user info won't change. If you have a NEW SA login for the version7 install then realize that the SuperAdmin user data will revert back to your version6 info which is not a problem as long as you realize that.
Having said that; if you KNOW that there are 56 registered users total including yourself, then simply set the AUTO_INCREMENT value to 57, which will be the userid that the next registering user will get.
Edited by Grimloch on 31-08-2008 00:31,
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 13 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

H
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
S
S
H
H
hame 10
G
G
  • Answered 2 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet