Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Licencing price for php fusion v6

Asked Modified Viewed 4,719 times
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 23 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Just wondering, how much does it cost to buy a licence, since it's not specifyed in the donation panel nor in the Php-Fusion Licencing: "However, if you do remove the footer copyright notice please consider making a donation via Paypal"

If we buy a licence, is it just for one domain, or we can use it on multiple domains?

Thanx
0 replies

19 posts

K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
Member of Executive Committee. No sites running.
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 797 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

"However, if you do remove the footer copyright notice please consider making a donation via Paypal"

That was under tje old GPL license and as far as I can recall, there was no specific sum required for removing the copyright notice.

A fee for 50£ was earlier required for a license, but we did have some trouble with that under GPL, which is one of several reasons we are shifting to AGPL.

New prices have not yet been set, nor what prices will be for use on several domains. The price mentioned, 50 £ was for one domain.

And an upgrade prize will also be announced for those who have already bought a license, but we have to decide what the prize will be first. We're working on this, and many other issues as well.
0 replies
J
Jock
J
Jock 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 116 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
answered

KEFF wrote:

"However, if you do remove the footer copyright notice please consider making a donation via Paypal"

That was under tje old GPL license and as far as I can recall, there was no specific sum required for removing the copyright notice.

A fee for 50£ was earlier required for a license, but we did have some trouble with that under GPL, which is one of several reasons we are shifting to AGPL.

New prices have not yet been set, nor what prices will be for use on several domains. The price mentioned, 50 £ was for one domain.

And an upgrade prize will also be announced for those who have already bought a license, but we have to decide what the prize will be first. We're working on this, and many other issues as well.
Nice, what is situation with mods and infusions? Did we are able to charge people for that or not, under AGPL?
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
answered
Veteran Member

Nice, what is situation with mods and infusions? Did we are able to charge people for that or not, under AGPL?

As far as I can tell atm, itall depends on whichlicense you publish your MOD's and Infusions under.

If you do publish them under a free software license, it will be difficult to carge for the MOD itself. But in such a case you can always charge for support etc.
0 replies
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

Thanx for your answers :)

If the copyright is removed from the footer, and.. transfered here (see image)
img384.imageshack.us/img384/8514/tagovijc0.png

Is this allowed?
Edited by Lory on 07-07-2008 14:36,
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
answered
Veteran Member

No, it's not. It has to be clearly visible via the user interface, in this case the browser.

0 replies
— 5 months later —
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

KEFF wrote:

Any news about the licencing price for V6?
0 replies
Y
ytterx
Y
ytterx 10
YtterX
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 163 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

KEFF wrote:
No, it's not. It has to be clearly visible via the user interface, in this case the browser.

what if i make a sidepanel whit the copyright? is that ok? (not started my website but asking just in case)
0 replies
S
smokeman
S
  • Contributed 920 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 79 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

I don't see why you guys always want to remove the copyright.. I just don't get it. Why not spread the "rumor" of a beautiful free CMS ?!? :@

Btw, ytterx, I don't think it's illegal to remove it from the footer.

There is a reason that it's called the footer copyright I guess.
Edited by smokeman on 11-12-2008 20:13,
0 replies
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

I didn't remove the footer copy on all my php-fusion sites (v6) , but a friend of mine asked me for the price of removing the copyright. That's why I asked here. Since on version 6 is not illegal to remove it from the footer, I will tell him so. His question was if he will have any problems if he removes the footer copyright without donating.
0 replies
Y
ytterx
Y
ytterx 10
YtterX
  • Member, joined since
answered

smokeman wrote:
I don't see why you guys always want to remove the copyright.. I just don't get it. Why not spread the "rumor" of a beautiful free CMS ?!? :@

not removing but replacing it:) for the personal theme i'm making it's ugly at the footer:)

but you're true you don't have to make a donation but it would be kind enough to do so. and why wouldn't you? it's still on of the best CMS
0 replies
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

ytterx wrote:

smokeman wrote:

not removing but replacing it:) for the personal theme i'm making it's ugly at the footer:)

but you're true you don't have to make a donation but it would be kind enough to do so. and why wouldn't you? it's still on of the best CMS

If you're using V6 it's ok, but the footer copyright of V7 is really ugly and too long. That's why I'm not and will not use php fusion V7
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,247 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Removing the copyright without paying for it will get you banned form the Community and we will try our best to get your site shut down by the Host you may use.

Regardless of version.
0 replies
Y
ytterx
Y
ytterx 10
YtterX
  • Member, joined since
answered

Homdax wrote:
Removing the copyright without paying for it will get you banned form the Community and we will try our best to get your site shut down by the Host you may use.

Regardless of version.

I only want to move it, it will be even more visible :)
not remove it. Is that permitted (GLP v3.0 is unclear about this).
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
answered
Veteran Member

If you're using V6 it's ok, but the footer copyright of V7 is really ugly and too long. That's why I'm not and will not use php fusion V7

We made that footer as short as we possiblly could, believe me. And, there's always the option to pay for copyright removal, so that is not a necessary obstacle for upgrading to v 7.

I only want to move it, it will be even more visible
not remove it. Is that permitted (GLP v3.0 is unclear about this).

The copyright information you see in the footer can be placed elsewhere, but it has to be visible via all pages on your site according to AGPL.
0 replies
Y
ytterx
Y
ytterx 10
YtterX
  • Member, joined since
answered

thank you for the answer :D
0 replies
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

KEFF wrote:

We made that footer as short as we possiblly could, believe me. And, there's always the option to pay for copyright removal, so that is not a necessary obstacle for upgrading to v 7.

yes, it's ok, if you have one php-fusion site, but if you have 7 or more sites, that's too much money :)
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
answered
Veteran Member

If you ask me, I can give you an offer you can't resist! :D
0 replies
L
Lory
L
Lory 10
answered

:) I might contact you after the holidays, thanx :)
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
answered
Veteran Member

Homdax wrote:

Regardless of version.

This is not true, H - dax. In a moral sense of the word, it's quite repelling and disrespectful to remove the copyright notice under v 6,but it's not against the license under which v 6 is released.

Nobody will get banned from the site as such for removing the copyright from v 6 if that is the only thing that they have done, but we may not feel very motivated to support such a site.

And to try to get sites closed because of having removed copyright under a license where it's allowed, no, that will never happen, unless they do other stuff as well, such as presenting it as their own CMS or similar.

Just to clarify the difference between the previous and present license.
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 19 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 6 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet