Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Post Count Question

Asked Modified Viewed 4,038 times
J
Joseph
J
Joseph 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 19 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

If I delete a post on the forum, in the member list, when you click on a specific member, the post count drops because I have deleted a thread. However, their post number remains the same as if the thread was never deleted when it shows how many posts they have made on the forum.

Sorry if this is the wrong area in which to post this, but does ANYONE know how to edit the "Posts:" option underneath the user's name/avatar on the forums?

Thank you.
0 replies

8 posts

D
dfmurphy
D
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 84 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 19 threads in the forums
answered

EDIT: After reading a few of the posts below, I want to clarify that my comments apply to v6. v7 does have an admin feature to help with this.

I believe the database adds 1 to user_posts whenever a post is made so that field is not a count per se.

On the other hand, the number of posts in a thread is a computed field. That number is calculated for each thread as it is displayed.

Because these two numbers are derived differently, an operation that impacts one is irrelevant to the other. I would be surprised if any of the developers think it is worthwhile to update individual user_posts fields when posts are deleted. It could be done, but would require editing core code ...

As far as making the edit manually, you can use something like phpmyadmin to tweak the user's entry in the database ... the field you're wanting to edit is user_posts. You can change that to any integer.
Edited by dfmurphy on 26-05-2009 08:22,
0 replies
J
Joseph
J
Joseph 10
answered

I don't know how to use phpmyadmin; is there anyway to open a specific .php file and make the edit?

I'm not totally great with this stuff and am still learning, and yes, this topic sounds silly, but little things like that bug me for some reason.

Thanks.
Edited by Joseph on 25-05-2009 06:40,
0 replies
I
inuken
I
inuken 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 57 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 14 threads in the forums
answered

Joseph, what version of php fusion you use? Because, if you have a problem with counting of the posts * it doesn't change when you delete*, use the version 7. I had that problem, but when i put on my site the last version of php fusion, it was all ok ^^. If you already use the version 7, i don't know what it is your problem. Good luck.
0 replies
D
Daywalker
D
"Might and Greed will never outweigh Honor and Loyalty"

Come join us for IRC Support: Here
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 152 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 31 threads in the forums
answered

If you want to recount user posts .... go to Admin Panel > System Admin > Forum Settings .... there is an option in there for recounting everyone's posts.
0 replies
J
Joseph
J
Joseph 10
answered

That's in V7 from what I hear. I'm using V6 because alot of the themes/mods/infusions I'm using won't work with V7.

If anyone knows how to do this manually in V6, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.
0 replies
J
Joseph
J
Joseph 10
answered

I got phpmyadmin to work, and have found the user_posts option, but this thing is still a little confusing to me and am not sure where to go.

Anyone know what exactly I'm supposed to do once I've reached the user_posts option?

Thanks!
0 replies
J
Joseph
J
Joseph 10
answered

NEVERMIND! I figured this out in phpmyadmin! Thanks for all the help, though! Woohoo!
0 replies
D
Daywalker
D
"Might and Greed will never outweigh Honor and Loyalty"

Come join us for IRC Support: Here
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 152 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 31 threads in the forums
answered

Well glad you got it to work, but then you should have posted this in the v6 support forums :D Moving this thread there.
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 8 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet