Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Help needed upgrading 7.01.03 to 7.01.05

Asked Modified Viewed 5,205 times
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 7 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Good day,

I'm new in php programming... and also newbie in php-fusion.
recently i have created a site for our team...

php-fusion version is 7.01.03 then i want to upgrade it to 7.01.05. unfortunately many files are messed up...
the solution i made is to delete my website and install the full package of php-fusion 7.01.05. the problem is all data and stored in the database is deleted.. the backup copy is not working for me.

can you explain me further about this?

i already read this many times but i don't get it. http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/articles.php?article_id=42

*You must first upload the upgrade script /files/administration/upgrade.php (*h) to the /administration folder of your site and upload the folder named /files/locale (*i) to the root of your site. Without the locale files, some names may not be added to the database (I dont get this one.. do i need to replace locale folder already installed on my site?)

HELP i really had a lot of questions to avoid reinstalling of all files and back to zero.. i really want to learn how to upgrade and recover all data from database when restoring back up..

thanks...

Edit: Clarified subject
Edited by HobbyMan on 28-02-2011 13:00,
0 replies

16 posts

P
PolarFox
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Restore your old version of PF (download from archive here).
And restore backup.

After this, update your site to 01.04 and 01.05
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
answered

Without the locale files, some names may not be added to the database (I dont get this one.. do i need to replace locale folder already installed on my site?)

Yes, exactly - so that the new language-files are updated before you upgrade the database; either: by translating the locale-files, from the upgrade-package, into your own language first, or: by changing your site-language to english before performing the upgrade!
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly wrote:

Without the locale files, some names may not be added to the database (I dont get this one.. do i need to replace locale folder already installed on my site?)

Yes, exactly - so that the new language-files are updated before you upgrade the database; either: by translating the locale-files, from the upgrade-package, into your own language first, or: by changing your site-language to english before performing the upgrade!

hmm... for example i already have a 7.01.05 PF then i want to upgrade it to 7.01.06
first i will upload upgrade.php to root/administration/upgrade.php
then delete locale folder from the root and upload the new one from updates folder

am i correct?

btw, i dont know where to put this issue i have a problem in forums it is located in post quick reply
Notice: Undefined index: 513b in /home/cuzter/public_html/forum/viewthread.php on line 398
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

PolarFox wrote:
Restore your old version of PF (download from archive here).
And restore backup.

After this, update your site to 01.04 and 01.05

i already installed updated PF 7.01.05. hmm... is it ok to rename the auto generated table prefix (e.g fusion3bff) when installing the site? then when restoring the back up i just upload the back up file then click restore?
0 replies
R
Rolf Mayer
R
Ex
  • Contributed 391 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

Please read the CoC: http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/coc.php Use the Edit-Button.
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Yes!

then delete locale folder from the root and upload the new one from updates folder
am i correct?

No, that's not right:
You upload the additional locals - the new or changed extra locals, which has been added to the CMS, keeping the rest of the 'old' locals as they are. Don't delete anything, just add the new ones - and overwrite the changed ones, if necessary (which it is in this case)!

btw, i dont know where to put this issue i have a problem in forums it is located in post quick reply
Notice: Undefined index: 513b in /home/cuzter/public_html/forum/viewthread.php on line 398

This is proberly because you've failed to add the new additional locals before starting the upgrade itself. So now you can see, why that's so important to do, as descriped above! ;)
Edited by Harly on 01-03-2011 09:27,
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly wrote:

Yes!

am i correct?

No, that's not right:
You upload the additional locals - the new or changed extra locals, which has been added to the CMS, keeping the rest of the 'old' locals as they are. Don't delete anything, just add the new ones - and overwrite the changed ones, if necessary (which it is in this case)!

This is proberly because you've failed to add the new additional locals before starting the upgrade itself. So now you can see, why that's so important to do, as descriped above! ;)

Thanks... but i reinstalled my site... i delete all files in root folder and extract the full package of 7.01.05 PF then access the setup.php. what should be the problem?
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Is your site language something else than english? In that case, it may be the locals of your language, that has not yet been updated to 7.01.05, and you must do it youself!
Try to change the site language to english and see, if the error still accours. If not, add the missing locals to your language's local files, and translate them manually!
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly wrote:
Is your site language something else than english? In that case, it may be the locals of your language, that has not yet been updated to 7.01.05, and you must do it youself!
Try to change the site language to english and see, if the error still accours. If not, add the missing locals to your language's local files, and translate them manually!

I only used English language in admin panel->settings->main.
do you think downloading these updates http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-fusion/files/PHP%20Fusion%20Core%207/Core%207.01.xx%20Update%20Packs/7-01-05_update.zip/download will fixed the problem?

then, do i need to apply the tutorial you've been said or just overwrite the locale files?
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

If you've made a fresh new v. 7.01.05 install, and you are using english as your site language, then all the local-files should be up-to-date.
Try to upload, and overwrite, all the english locals again to see, if that'll help (because for some unknow reason, sometimes not all the files get uploaded to the server correctly, and you must do it again if an error accours)!

The missing locale looks like this:
$locale['513b'] = "Notify me when a reply is posted";

And are located in the locale file: main.php (Path: /locale/English/forum/main.php)
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly wrote:
If you've made a fresh new v. 7.01.05 install, and you are using english as your site language, then all the local-files should be up-to-date.
Try to upload, and overwrite, all the english locals again to see, if that'll help (because for some unknow reason, sometimes not all the files get uploaded to the server correctly, and you must do it again if an error accours)!

The missing locale looks like this:
$locale['513b'] = "Notify me when a reply is posted";

And are located in the locale file: main.php (Path: /locale/English/forum/main.php)

ok thanks. . . Sorry for asking too many questions im just a newbie here hope u dont mind if i ask again. . Hehe. . So you mean i need to overwrite main.php inside locale/English/forum/main.php? Or all files inside the locale folder updates should be overwrite? And how about the other files included in the update do i need to overwrite them also? Help me im so confused. If you want i can pm you the site, hosting server to fix that if you dont mind.
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

No problem - that's what I'm here for! ;)

Just overwrite the one file mentioned!
0 replies
C
cuzter
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly wrote:
No problem - that's what I'm here for! ;)

Just overwrite the one file mentioned!

thanks sir harly your so approachable, i will replace main.php from locale/english/forums. Sir question again how about for future updates (e.g 7.01.06) is it safe to upgrade again even i replaced one of its file? Does it free from any conflicts for future updates.
0 replies
M
Mimer
M
Mimer 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

Just upgraded PF to 7.01.05 from full install package and had the same problem.
Looked inside the main.php and found no $locale['513a'] or $locale['513b']

$locale['512'] = "Quick Reply";
$locale['513'] = " Disable Smileys";
$locale['514'] = "Post Reply";
Locale is NOT up to date in PF 7.01.05 full.

Best regards
Mimer B)
0 replies
A
arat
A
arat 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 79 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
answered

Mimer wrote:
Just upgraded PF to 7.01.05 from full install package and had the same problem.
Looked inside the main.php and found no $locale['513a'] or $locale['513b']

I downloaded 7.01.05 Full today and had this problem also. The current SVN has the updated English locale which corrected the problem.
0 replies
R
reddevilmenace
R
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
answered

I had this issue on a fresh install of php fusion, I did manage to find this page, which helped me to manually enter the missing locale index. And found there are others as well. http://dev.php-fusion.co.uk/articles....ticle_id=8

v7.01.05 Locale Changes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MODIFIED FILES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MODIFIED forum/main.php
NEW $locale['513a'] = "Show My Signature in this Post";
NEW $locale['513b'] = "Notify me when a reply is posted";

MODIFIED admin/settings.php
NEW $locale['464'] = "Default timezone";

MODIFIED admin/admins.php
NEW $locale['450'] = "Check secure";

MODIFIED messages.php
NEW $locale['487'] = "Flooding! Please wait %s seconds before you write the next message.";

Posted by Starefossen on January 31 2011
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 16 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 7 members

7 participants

M
M
Mimer 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
H
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
A
A
arat 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 79 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
P
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
R
R
Ex
  • Contributed 391 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
C
C
cuzter 10
  • Newbie, joined since
R
R
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet