Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Bizzare Infusion Problem on 7.02.07

Asked Modified Viewed 1,664 times
G
Grimloch
G
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; only transformed !
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 722 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
  • Answered 2 questions
asked

I will try to explain my very strange problem with my Classified Ads infusion. Ever since I finally upgraded my main site whisperwillow.com to 7.02.07 I have been slowly re-doing all my infusions to get everything error free in this cms version. I have been debugging and recoding my Classified Ads for about 2 weeks now. I had everything totally error free and working great. When I went to bed last night at about 1am everything was working flawlessly. When I got up this morning to resume it won't work anymore. When I click on my link for classified_ads.php (or change the address bar to point to any other page in the infusion), all I get is a blank white page. View page source shows only the header info from the theme and it ends with <body>. I have scrutinized every single script and have changed the server php version to lower versions from 5.5 and NOTHING I have done has helped. I am at a total loss as to what to do here. I have never encountered such a bizarre thing in my coding lifetime except once when I had omitted a semi-colon on a locale entry. I have no other info to tell or show; there are no server errors, no system errors nothing!! Maybe this has happened to someone else before. All I can do is hope.
1 reply

5 posts

D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Contributed 667 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 57 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

Do a syntax check on your files
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@Falk: Every other infusion works fine; my whole site works fine except for this infusion which was working when I went to bed. Here is the view page sourcre when clicking the infusion link:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd'>
<html xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xml:lang='en' lang='en'>
<head>
<title>WhisperWillow PHPFusion Mod Support</title>
<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' />
<meta name='description' content='WhisperWillow PHPFusion Mod Support Site is aimed at providing support for infusions, themes, panels and mods that I have created for the PHPFusion version 7 CMS system. Where possible support is provided for other peoples work also.' />
<meta name='keywords' content='PHPFusion, CMS, Content Management System, Open Source, PHP, MySQL, HTML, Infusions, Mods, Modules, Portal, Portals, PHP Scripts, CMS Software, Software, Code, Coding, Code Snippets, Webmaster, Javascript, Java, Themes, Forums, Coding Help, Technical Support, PHPFusion Customizing, PHPFusion Themes, PHPFusion Infusions, PHPFusion Mods' />
<link rel='stylesheet' href='../../themes/TLC/styles.css' type='text/css' media='screen' />
<link rel='shortcut icon' href='../../images/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon' />
<script type='text/javascript' src='../../includes/jquery/jquery.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../../includes/jscript.js'></script>
<script language='javascript1.2' type='text/javascript'>
function openjukebox (URL, WindowName, Features)
{
window.open(URL, WindowName, Features);
}
</script>
</head>
<body>

As you can see it doesn't even load the includes from the top of the infusion script which are here:

require_once "../../maincore.php";
require_once THEMES."templates/header.php";
if (file_exists(INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/locale/".$settings['locale'].".php")) {
   include INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/locale/".$settings['locale'].".php";
} else {
   include INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/locale/English.php";
}
include INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/infusion_db.php";
include INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/include/functions_include.php";

This is what's supposed to be there from the functions include script:

add_to_head("<link rel='stylesheet' href='".INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/include/ads_style.css' type='text/css' />");
add_to_head("<link rel='stylesheet' href='".INFUSIONS."classified_ads_panel/include/balloontip.css' type='text/css' />");

I am using the same host that you are; A2.

Merged on 06/10/2018:
@douwe: Are you speaking of a visual syntax check or some utility that you use?
0 replies
D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I mostly use this one (if not on linux)
https://nl.piliapp.com/php-syntax-check/
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

Also I have another 7.02.07 site www.fortworthbonsai.org which also runs Classified Ads. It's on Blue Host. I manually updated the database tables for Classified Ads with infusion changes, deleted the 'infusions/classified_ads_panel' folder and re-uploaded the entire infusion folder from my re-worked/re-coded infusion and it works flawlessly so I don't suspect any coding or syntax errors. I remain totally baffled by this result.
0 replies
A
afoster
A
  • Contributed 725 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 128 threads in the forums
answered

I tried to infuse a copy of your Classified Ads infusion and evidently I have an older copy as the database creation still had TYPE=MyISAM but once I changed it to ENGINE=MyISAM, it infused with no problems and displayed on the main page of the site. However, when working on the settings, it did not keep any of the three bottom settings where you can enter Yes or No to the questions. Also, when trying to place an ad, there were no users listed in the drop down menu. I did this on my test site which has about 8 members.

Don't know if that helps or not with your problem...and yes, I am using version 7.02.07 on my test site.
0 replies

Category Forum

Panels and Infusions

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 146
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 12 questions
A
A
  • Contributed 725 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 128 threads in the forums
G
G
  • Answered 2 questions
D
D
  • Answered 1 question

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet