Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Finding Believers!

Asked Modified Viewed 2,094 times
K
kejonn
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 160 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

OK, I know I've already posted my site in here some months back but I just got through with an event calendar I've coded almost completely from scratch. I did use some classes from Active Calendar but the form/functions to submit events for the calendar are mostly my own with a little basic code taken from submit.php. What makes this calendar a little different is that it gives the ability to submit repeating events (daily, weekly, 3rd Monday of every month, yearly).

I also have a custom infusion for submitting and subsequently searching for single adult ministries/classes. The search function allows you to search the listings by browsing all listings, so many miles from a zip code, or by state. So yeah, its pretty much U.S. only right now but if the demand is great enough in the future I will likely change that. The zip code search part can easily be extended to use any postal or other location code as long as you have the latitude and longitude coordinates.

If anyone sees a need for these two infusions, I will likely clean up the code and submit them on Open Beta or otherwise. If you get a chance, check them out and let me know. Other feedback is welcome.

Finding Believers

Oh, and you'll have to register to try out the submission part of the events. I know my site only targets a specific crowd so I don't expect the membership to swell overnight :D.
Edited by kejonn on 24-05-2006 04:31,
0 replies

7 posts

H
helmuth
H
Danish translator of PHP-Fusion helmuth@php-fusion.dk
-----------------------------------------
All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats. (Groucho Marx)
Listen to the music... https://soundcloud.com/helmuth-mikkel...mikkelsen/
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 706 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 219 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I think you should submit your infusion at Open Beta ... this could be very useful for mane users ;)

if you believe enough your membership will swell overnight :)
0 replies
H
hmpedersen
H
Please do not mail me about how to connect userbase on two sites. I will no longer reply to those mails.
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

I think the calendar looks nice..
Unfortunately I can't register to the site and check the site out properly..
0 replies
D
Duncan
D
Duncan 10
  • Contributed 13 posts on the community forums.
answered

Looks very good, sounds like it is something i would definately use & upgrade from existing calendar i am using.
0 replies
K
kejonn
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

hmpedersen wrote:

If that is because of my content or my "terms of use" I can understand. Or does it have something to do with the verification email? In any case, look for a new site I'll likely open in the next week or so. This site will be for my own custom infusions only and won't be full of my strong opinions :D.

I will open the site so that others can test my infusions and tweek them with suggestions. I will also make them available for download when I feel they are ready to be used by the Fusion community. As is, they do not use locale sites enough and that is one of the biggest things I want to change. That way non-English sites can utilize them. Plus, I want to comment my code a little better to enable others to make their own customizations.

I was going to just use one of the calendars on the mods site but I felt it would be more work to wade through their code than start from new.

Once I feel the infusions are ready for download, I will also submit them to Open Beta. My own site will enable me to make changes at my pace and offer a place for testing.
0 replies
B
Bad Boy
B
  • Contributed 155 posts on the community forums.
answered

Nice calendar. Did you submit it to Open Beta yet? Good work. Keep it coming and post it on your new site that you got planned. :p
0 replies
H
hmpedersen
H
Please do not mail me about how to connect userbase on two sites. I will no longer reply to those mails.
answered

kejonn wrote:
hmpedersen wrote:

If that is because of my content or my "terms of use" I can understand. Or does it have something to do with the verification email? In any case, look for a new site I'll likely open in the next week or so. This site will be for my own custom infusions only and won't be full of my strong opinions :D.

Content :)

As a seer, I can't register to a site about other religions, but that doesn't mean I don't respect other religions, which I very much do :)

Afterall.. We are all here for a reason.. And that is never to disrespect others :)
0 replies
K
kejonn
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

hmpedersen wrote:

Content :)

As a seer, I can't register to a site about other religions, but that doesn't mean I don't respect other religions, which I very much do :)

Hey, no problem! I am a Christian, but I am also aware that people of other faiths believe what they do just as much (or even more!) as I do. So like I said, I'm working on my code to make it ready to be used as an infusion for the whole community. By posting it on another neutral site and/or Open Beta I can offer something back to others without them being dissuaded because of my faith.
0 replies

Category Forum

Post Your Site

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

5 participants

H
H
Danish translator of PHP-Fusion helmuth@php-fusion.dk
-----------------------------------------
All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats. (Groucho Marx)
Listen to the music... https://soundcloud.com/helmuth-mikkel...mikkelsen/
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 706 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 219 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
K
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
B
B
  • Contributed 155 posts on the community forums.
D
D
Duncan 10
  • Contributed 13 posts on the community forums.
H
H

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet