Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

MOGBase.com - The Newest Addition To The Online Gaming Community

Asked Modified Viewed 2,490 times
Q
Qualdes
Q
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

The Multiplayer Online Game Base (M.O.G. Base) has officially launched! Created for clan leaders and future online videogame server owners, M.O.G. Base offers to-the-point and honest reviews for website hosting and videogame server hosting companies. Our reviews contain nothing but the facts, and there are no sales pitches thrown in your face.

HOW WE WORK:

We review game server and website hosting companies and give them a score out of ten, ten being the best. Our reviews don't contain sales pitches, incentives, lies or fine print. Our reviews contain the facts - the facts that you need to know before you buy your server or web hosting account.

M.O.G. Base is a free resource and is highly reccomended for any clan leader or future game server owner.

Visit us today at www.MOGBASE.com. Registration is free!

---

M.O.G. Base uses the latest version of PHPFusion. I used to implement PHP-Nuke into all of my websites, but PHPFusion has been nothing but incredible.
Edited by Qualdes on 14-07-2006 04:52,
0 replies

11 posts

M
mrkiller
M
mrkiller.avita.lt/../../images/my-works/20.jpg
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 41 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
answered

mrkiller.avita.lt/images/points/8.jpg
8/10
Simple, and nice.
0 replies
K
Kristian Thorsen
K
Carne Diem - Seize the MEAT
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 164 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 26 threads in the forums
answered

03 - YOU FORGOT TO KEEP THE THEME COPYRIGHT, I GUESS DAVE (FUSION THEMES) WOULD BE A BIT MAD ABOUT THE MISSING RESPECT OF HIS WORK. :@
0 replies
B
bbene
B
bbene 10
Ben Benesh
Support Team Member
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 74 posts on the community forums.
answered

Yes, I highly suggest that you put back the copyright for the theme. If you want a theme without a copyright you're going to have to use a core theme or make your own.
0 replies
Q
Qualdes
Q
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Fixed. Sorry about that, I was intending on putting it back after I edited theme.php but got lost in other scripts.

Thank you for reminding me :-)

- Brian
0 replies
A
AzzX
A
AzzX 10
  • Contributed 12 posts on the community forums.
answered

bbene wrote:
If you want a theme without a copyright you're going to have to use a core theme or make your own.

This is untrue and the waters on this topic have been treaded on many times. Maybe just ask permission to remove the copyright or modify it. Opensource is opensource regardless of what application takes advantage of that fact.
0 replies
K
Kristian Thorsen
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

Well respect is respect and nobody wants to be disrespected because of freeloader and wannabe thememakers.
0 replies
D
Duncan
D
Duncan 10
  • Contributed 13 posts on the community forums.
answered

I never thought I would weigh in on the topic of themes & copyright, but seeing this and the way things are said in public forum - its slowly driving me away to e107 and possibly others, sick of seeing the same arguiments and in some cases closing in on abuse over these copyright issues.

I would hate to move but the way people are treated here its becoming closer to reality - I hate conflict and abuse and have seen it all to often on the net, friendliness and ease of getting issues sorted out was the main reason I initially chose this great CMS. :(
Edited by Duncan on 15-07-2006 12:50,
0 replies
K
kejonn
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 160 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
answered

@digga, I've been a member for several months now and believe me, the "treatment" you get here is mild compared to others. Unless they got rid of one admin over at e107, he constantly flamed folks and used foul language to boot. To make matters worse, it was like that gang of school bullies when he started - once he chimed in, it was typcially open season on the person being flamed. They may have changed but that was indeed the case at one time.

I think its beyond time, however, to come out with a policy on how copyright removal issues are addressed. Since you can do it, I think we need to just leave well enough alone BUT it may be worth a statement in the FAQ or in the forum description that discourages folks from "advertising" their site here IF they have removed copyrights. After all, he description of this forum says it all:

Help demonstrate PHPFusion 6

Are you theorectically demonstrating Fusion if you've removed copyrights and links? So go ahead and remove them, that is fine, just don't advertise your site here...just my $0.22 (adjusted for inflation).
0 replies
K
Kristian Thorsen
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

Well said Kejoon.

digga, i dont think we are treating you any different from a other sites, if I make a creation and someone else take is and put there name on it, i get mad, therefore I always take action if I see the same is happening to users in fusion making great effort.

Dave (phpfusion) has made so much to php fusion by his mods and themes and I know he is sad everytime a new offender removes his copyright.

Digi, creator of phpfusion, had to accept the removal of his copyright, even thought I think its sad, cause each time someone new removes the copyright a hardcoder stops making the work, cause he cant be credited for it anyway, when the users dosent care..

So I dont want you to stop using phpfusion, just think about the hard effort a lot of users made on this piece of work, a CMS better than the rest in the latest rating.

If they stop making this community better, the system will lose its great rating and all the support will stop.
0 replies
B
bbene
B
bbene 10
Ben Benesh
Support Team Member
  • Member, joined since
answered

AzzX wrote:

bbene wrote:
If you want a theme without a copyright you're going to have to use a core theme or make your own.

This is untrue and the waters on this topic have been treaded on many times. Maybe just ask permission to remove the copyright or modify it. Opensource is opensource regardless of what application takes advantage of that fact.

I was talking about the theme copyright and not the CMS one. The themes from shedrock are not under the GPL.
From the themes site:

All downloads provided by PHPFusion Themes are not released under the GPL, if you download something from our download section that was created by us then you may alter it for your own use but you may not receive any type of payment for giving support, release, re-release, distribute, re-distribute, or sell the downloaded file(s) / text / code. Also, You must leave our copyright notice 'in tact'. This shall remain at all times at the footer area of every theme we release, regardless of your own modifications to it.
Edited by bbene on 16-07-2006 17:42,
0 replies
D
Duncan
D
Duncan 10
answered

@thokra:
You misunderstand the point i am making, I have no complaints personally, i just mean the way things are said in general, and the way things are brought up I know and understand the time creators etc etc and thats not at all my intentions, it was the way people are reminded and the way things are said, would it not be better for a stock reply by ONE moderator and not a whole thread of people flaming one person for misusing copyrights etc etc?
I have copyrights remaining in the sites I have posted for a few people and that will remain so and thats the same with themes, although on a point of what i have said previously i do try to avoid one sites themes if at all possible.
In summary one post or 5 posts all say the same but the thread with only one response about copyright does not quite have the same negative effect as 3 or 4 saying the same deal.
0 replies

Category Forum

Post Your Site

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 11 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 7 members

7 participants

B
B
bbene 10
Ben Benesh
Support Team Member
  • Member, joined since
K
K
  • Member, joined since
M
M
mrkiller.avita.lt/../../images/my-works/20.jpg
  • Contributed 41 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
K
K
kejonn 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 160 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
D
D
Duncan 10
A
A
AzzX 10
  • Contributed 12 posts on the community forums.
Q
Q
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet