Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Fusion Back Ups (help)

Asked Modified Viewed 3,578 times
T
Tig34
T
Tig34 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 36 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have tried restoring my database many times, but it screws the site up. Does the db_backup work, if so what is the correct way of backing the site and restoring it?
0 replies

6 posts

S
Sveinungs
S
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 935 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Do you try to use a DB-backup from an older version of PHPFusion in the latest version (like a 6.00.307 backup on a 6.01.6 site)? This will not work very well.

If your DB is not too big (less than 2MB, depending on your server settings), you can back it up via the "built in backup facility" on your site.

Use .sql instead of .sql.gz when you backup, if the size of your DB allows it that is.
0 replies
S
SKC
S
SKC 10
  • Contributed 15 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered

What's the best way to back up your site if it's bigger than 2MB?

Total Table Size: 141.33Mb (227 tables)
Core Table Size: 141.05Mb (134 tables)
0 replies
K
Ken
K
Ken 10
No Support by PM. Please use the forum.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 713 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 43 threads in the forums
answered

I recomend using the "MySQL Administrator" software (link), that have no limits.

It runs on your PC and log into your database and copy the content. Also this software is very handy if you have several sites, because you can set up "accounts" and very easily copy all your sites (database that is). You still need to use FTP-software if you want to backup your files.

Edit: That mentioned; not all hosts allows login in using MySQL Administrator.
Edited by Ken on 26-11-2006 22:55,
0 replies
T
Tig34
T
Tig34 10
answered

No it is one i just put up one of my clan member that got kick out got my password and deleted the hole website. I got it back up But the backup i did in the admin control panel did not work
I am using php_fusion 6.01.6 i have phpmyadmin that came with the web host that i got is that something that is good to use
0 replies
K
Ken
K
Ken 10
No Support by PM. Please use the forum.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 713 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 43 threads in the forums
answered

Yes, phpmyadmin is good to make backups/restore but I dont think a backup made from the adminpanel can be directly used by phpmyadmin restore (I could be wrong about this though). So the best thing would be if you had a backup made from phpmyadmin and restore that using phpmyadmin. But this is maybe no possible?

I hope maybe someone can help you get your backup made in PhpFusion adminpanel to work with phpmyadmin restore.
0 replies
T
Tig34
T
Tig34 10
answered

well i have try to restore it in both did not work i am just starting over but i am now going to be doing the backing up with phpmyadmin.

Just to let you know i was not backing it up right i did not click all when doing the backup :o
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 6 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet