Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

New installation - settings won't take

Asked Modified Viewed 1,426 times
P
peterantonrev
P
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Before I start submitting bug reports, I thought I'd see that I'm not missing some basic configuration requirements. I am installed under a local WAMP test system called XAMPP on a WinXP machine. I realize that this may not represent the ultimate installation on my GoDaddy host, but I'd like to put the website together locally as much as possible.

I am logged in as administrator after a flawless installation and all the menu links seem to work. The problem is that the new values I enter under, for example, Admin Panel / System Admin / Main Settings / Main / Site Email Address, etc. change back to their original values after clicking Save Settings. I have given the necessary files and folders "Full Control" for all user and system accounts in the Windows Properties / Security dialogue (SITE CHMOD does not work- Command not implemented.), although not the directories above them. Perhaps that's necessary. Anyway, I don't seem to have any control over the settings.

Also, I could use some advice about setting up a mail connection from Localhost. XAMPP uses Mercury Mail and there are many concepts that I am not familar with. php(info) reports that SendMail is active under Windows and Fusion says that SMTP settings aren't necessary in that case, but maybe that needs to be set up properly. I can't register new test users until the accounts can be authorized via email.

Hopefully resolving these two things will get me on my way.

Finally, is there a place on this site where I can set notification options for replies from this forum so I don't have to wade through the topics online? I couldn't find it.

Peter Anton
0 replies
There are no post found.

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 0 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 1 member

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet