Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

S.Admin & Usergroups

Asked Modified Viewed 4,168 times
B
BBK
B
BBK 10
{{{
var yo= 'BBK!'
window.alert(yo)
}}}
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 105 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello,

i have a problem! I am the S.Admin and set a new Usergroup and add some users to the group (but not me). now setting a Forumthread to this usergroup i (S.Admin) cant see it anymore!!?? Why? Same by the Sitelinks!
I dont know if its a Bug but a S.Admin should have access to all areas even if they are setted to usergroups. But maby im wrong. If not this should be considered here by the Admins for the new Version 6.02.

sry for my english;)
0 replies

13 posts

2old
2old 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 89 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
answered

I don't think you can call it a bug as its coded that way. You've only got to include yourself in any group you set up and your problem is solved. Perhaps with a very big site with dozens of user groups and only one SA, they would assign admin rights to one of the members of a group and let them run it. It's not easy monitoring all areas of a very big site on your own, but its very easy to join a group if an Admin is having problems that they can't sort out, and then drop back out again. At least the way it is at the moment, you're not forced to be in every group you create. :)
0 replies
L
Lazarus
L
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov (US Science Fiction Writer)
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 53 posts on the community forums.
answered

As a SA of a few sites, I've just gotten into the habit of adding myself to all groups, then removing myself as needed when more admins are available to moderate certain forums that dont require my personal attention.
0 replies
S
soso
S
soso 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
answered

samebody can help mi?

Warning: main(themes/Similitude06/theme.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/sofo/domains/sofo.site.ge/public_html/subheader.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'themes/Similitude06/theme.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/sofo/domains/sofo.site.ge/public_html/subheader.php on line 14

what this mean? i dont know. plis help:(
0 replies
S
soso
S
soso 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

site is www.sofo.site.ge
0 replies
S
shaythong
S
Test cool
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 37 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

Soso, the last error with the theme error, you accidentally removed the Similitude06 template from the themes/ dictionary. Because if that is your main theme and you removed it from the themes dictionary, your site will not work, if you don't want to waste space and keep the good themes, turn on the theme you like the most on default and delete some other useless and watch out for your main themes and Soso, why not post your own topic instead of changing the topic in another's? ;)
Edited by shaythong on 31-10-2006 08:19,
0 replies
S
soso
S
soso 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

shaythong im dont remove im only upload fusion files in server but it dont work i can give u my sites password to look inside if u can :@

0 replies
B
BBK
B
BBK 10
{{{
var yo= 'BBK!'
window.alert(yo)
}}}
  • Member, joined since
answered

2old wrote:
I don't think you can call it a bug as its coded that way. You've only got to include yourself in any group you set up and your problem is solved. Perhaps with a very big site with dozens of user groups and only one SA, they would assign admin rights to one of the members of a group and let them run it. It's not easy monitoring all areas of a very big site on your own, but its very easy to join a group if an Admin is having problems that they can't sort out, and then drop back out again. At least the way it is at the moment, you're not forced to be in every group you create. :)

ok but lets say i include myself into the group but than cant act like an admin anymore. So i have to include myself as a moderator in the same Thread. Well its not that big problem but i think it could be more comfortable for an Super Admin to have all rights!
0 replies
L
Lazarus
L
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov (US Science Fiction Writer)
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 53 posts on the community forums.
answered

(Super) Administrator and moderators are different things. You can set access permissions separately per person or group in admin panel.
0 replies
W
WEC
W
WEC 10
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

You can set super admins to be member of any existing or any future usergroups automatically by running this sql:

<?php
$result = dbquery("UPDATE ".$db_prefix."users SET user_groups = '.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20' WHERE user_level = 103");
echo "Multiple usergroups added to super admins";
?>

Just a matter of how far you continue the string '.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20' to ensure that it will take some time before a usergroup is made with a higher number.
0 replies
B
BBK
B
BBK 10
{{{
var yo= 'BBK!'
window.alert(yo)
}}}
  • Member, joined since
answered

ok sounds nice, but how or better where to put that sql!?!?
as a *.php file or over phpmyadmin or what!?
0 replies
B
Bad Boy
B
  • Contributed 155 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

BBK wrote:
ok sounds nice, but how or better where to put that sql!?!?

Admin Panel >> content Admin >> Custom Pages

Place anything in Page Title area. than place above code in Page content area. Than click "Preview Page" only, do not save.
0 replies
B
BBK
B
BBK 10
{{{
var yo= 'BBK!'
window.alert(yo)
}}}
  • Member, joined since
answered

well thank you!
0 replies
— 8 months later —
B
bear007
B
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

Hello,

I'm new here, and please excuse my question if the answer is obvious or else. I'm searching for a while now answer to this question and found only this topic, so I place my question here.What is probably obvious for PHP-FUSION long term users, experts for me is a little confusing.

Does something changed in the way Super Administrator gains privileges to new Modules?

Super Administrator in my thinking is a person having privilages to everything. In the version of PHP-FUSION v6.01.9 if you add for example new custom-module - you need to add privilages for users.

And confusing is that you can add privilages for all users from web interface, but this is not true for Super Admin. If you want to add privilages for Super Administrator, you must go to database and add proper privilages or use some of workarounds mentioned in this topic.

Could you help me understand why you can not change, or add Super Admin privilages from web interface, you must go to database, and for other users you can do it via web interface? What are arguments to use this solution?

Oh.. And please don't tell me that it can be changed easily - it's a question about standard behavior of PHP-FUSION and not of modification. I could change it myself in 5 minutes. But if this is not recommended for some reason, I'll follow workarounds mentioned in this thread,

Kind Regards
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 13 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 8 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet