Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

We've found a bug... or we thoght that

Asked Modified Viewed 6,097 times
D
d4rkb1t
D
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi!

We've got a bug in our page:

When we post something, a lot of times we've got a bug that the page remove the text so it dissapear, and we don't know what is the problem.

We've tryed a lot of things: reinstall the page, change the hosting, change the theme.... and we always have found the bug....

For example, there is a post that we can't write:

-[B]DSOrganize[/B]    [URL]http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize[/URL]
[I][COLOR=skyblue] La Aplicación multiaplicación. Agenda, calendario, contactos, calculadora, TO-DO, Programa de Dibujo, Browser con reproducción multiarchivo (JPG, MP3,...), IRC e incluso, Base de datos y conexión con un servidor para bajar y probar homebrew sin pasar por el ordenador.[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=limegreen]M3 CF[/COLOR], [COLOR=limegreen]M3 SD[/COLOR] , [COLOR=limegreen]SC SD[/COLOR] , [COLOR=limegreen]SC CF[/COLOR], [COLOR=red]G6[/COLOR] , [COLOR=orange]EZ-FLASH[/COLOR], [COLOR=limegreen]MK2[/COLOR], [COLOR=limegreen]MK3[/COLOR]

So, what is the problem? How can we know it?

Thx,
d4rkb1t

EDIT: When we post this text in the official php-fusion page it post well... :s
Edited by d4rkb1t on 20-09-2006 18:21,
0 replies

21 posts

J
jaygreentree
J
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
answered

That site isn't using php-fusion so this is not anything the can be fixed here.
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
answered

what version of mysql is recommended for php-fusion?

Our hosting is funpic.de and it uses mysql 4 and php4

Edit: d4rkb1t is coadmin in my website (www.areads.com.ar), and yes, we use php-fusion.

cheers,
Marcos.
Edited by KorteX on 20-09-2006 19:49,
0 replies
S
Sveinungs
S
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 935 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Needs Php4.0.1 or higher to run, acording to the FAQ's on this site. This is not the problem, I would say.

Is it in the forum you have this problems when posting, or is it news/articles and so on?
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

sveinungs wrote:
Is it in the forum you have this problems when posting, or is it news/articles and so on?

Yes, in news, forum and articles too.
It's very rare, sometimes we can post correctly, but other times when i go to post (in the forum or a news, or an article), i finish to write the text and when i push on "reply" the website begins to load and finally the text disappears appearing the textbox empty.

We are crazy looking for a solution, we try to reinstall the php-fusion and reset the DB, we try to reupload all files... and nothing do.

Cheers.
Edited by KorteX on 20-09-2006 20:09,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 146
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 12 questions
answered
Super Admin

Its because Fusion's color bbcode tag only accepts a range of different colors only available from the dropdown selection box.
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

If I post this code
-DSOrganize http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize
La Aplicación multiaplicación. Agenda, calendario, contactos, calculadora, TO-DO, Programa de Dibujo, Browser con reproducción multiarchivo (JPG, MP3,...), IRC e incluso, Base de datos y conexión con un servidor para bajar y probar homebrew sin pasar por el ordenador.
(text without color) the problem persists.

In the website official of php-fusion (here) i can post the code, but in my website not.
Edited by KorteX on 20-09-2006 23:11,
0 replies
S
Sveinungs
S
answered
Veteran Member

This should not be a problem. Have you modified your core files in any way (the forum, maincore.php or others)? Can't tell, because your site is in maintainence mode at the moment.
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

Hi again,

I don't modified the core files (i only modify the register.php for autosubscription to the newsletter for the new members).

The website is in maintainence for the moment, yesterday i reinstall the php-fusion, and now we looking for a solution to the problem before to open the website to the visitors.
You can enter in the site with:
user: demo
pass: demo06
Please, try to post in the forum ("foro" in spanish) the text that i posted before and you can see the problem.
Edited by KorteX on 21-09-2006 19:00,
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

Any solution?
0 replies
H
hack_the_web
H
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
answered

You host your site at funpic.de Do you speak German? (Sprichst du Deutsch?).
0 replies
S
Sveinungs
S
answered
Veteran Member

@KorteX: I looked at your forum, everything seems fine. But - and this beats me - your site seems to be alergic to the word

MP3

Why, I don't know. If you try to use that word, your post will not save. Hmm... Somebody got an idea on what can be wrong here?
Edited by Sveinungs on 21-09-2006 18:03,
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

hack_the_web wrote:
You host your site at funpic.de Do you speak German? (Sprichst du Deutsch?).

Funpic.de is german but I'm spanish and i only speak spanish, english (and my english isn't good :( ) and a little of french.

sveinungs wrote:
@KorteX: I looked at your forum, everything seems fine. But - and this beats me - your site seems to be alergic to the word

MP3

Why, I don't know. If you try to use that word, your post will not save. Hmm... Somebody got an idea on what can be wrong here?

it's very rare, but with others text the problem persists (the number 3 is the problem :( if i try to post only a "3" i cannot posted it :(). I haven't got idea about this problem :(

Edit: Now i can post "3" correctly, what happens? i cannot understand it:@

Edit2: I continue testing and when i try yo post a "M" or a "P", i go out to the subforum :@, but other times i can post it well.
Edited by KorteX on 21-09-2006 18:51,
0 replies
S
Sveinungs
S
answered
Veteran Member

I to don't have a clue. But hang in there, and hey - you've narrowed down your problem to the number 3 (to look on the bright side of things) ;)

Maybe Digi or somebody else got an idea here, stay tuned. I will.
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

Can be the hosting? I'm considering to change it...
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 146
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 12 questions
answered
Super Admin

Could be a bad entry in the Bad Words List in misc. settings, make sure there are no blank entries.
0 replies
C
chbe
C
chbe 10
------------------------------------

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 161 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

It seems that if the form data isn’t sent when the string mp3 occurs. At least when I tried it on your site. The php fusion script just gets interrupted = no data sent.

Most likely a hosting problem. Get in touch with your hosting provider for some tech support regarding this. Looks like a firewall rule by you’re host were some word are being filtered out fore the obvious reason not to share mp3 files I guess. Strange never seen that behaviour in form data.
0 replies
D
Darchangel
D
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.
---
-=D=-
---
http://midimashup.net78.net/index.php
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 78 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
answered

Just to add my 2pence worth - if you specify MP3 in most mails/messages then site/mail scanning assumes you are requesting a file and strips data - this is more common if you use .MP3 or .EXE - the '.' being a trigger.

I had this problem with my last host and when I asked why, they told me quite frankly that a request was made for a specific file.

Dated 21-09-2005

Dear Mr xxxxxxx - xxxxxxx

With reference to your last e-mail regarding file attachment and access restriction:

Bellisima.mp3
OxygeneIV.mp3

These files are reguarded as file requests and will not be available for download or request for download as they contain file request data.

xxxx xxxxxxx
(for and on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx.com)

---------------------

Dear xxxx @ xxxxxxxxx.com,

These files are not being asked for, just talked about within a messsage board structure.

The subject matter is being corrupted by the time it is sent to my website. I pay for this service without restriction and expect a level of customer discretion. If this site is in breach of the terms and conditions then I will happily accept any legal action taken against me. I do not condone software piracy or illegal downloads of any nature. Check the site for yourself and tell me if there is a breach of contract or illegal practice.

Please advise

Mr xxxxx xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

addenda:

I will close my account after I have received confirmation of any breach of contactual obligation or the fact that I now now that your service is restricting mine and my members freedom of speech. This is not satisfactory by any means.

(This was a long running conversation so I cut it short)

I quoted back the message and they basically said that scan software searches for various '.' lines in messages and 'assumes' that a file request is present - dunno how true it is, but all the conspiracy theorists should have a field day ;)

I received no reply.

I changed hosts :@ - I host my own :D

This would include things like .exe, .bat, .zip, .rar etc being scanned prior to sending - I thought that this sort of information was only kept to e-mails not hosted web applications.

Is big brother watching us? [1984 - George Orwell]
0 replies
S
Sveinungs
S
answered
Veteran Member

It might be Orwells "thougt police" acting up (again), if you're writing 3 - you might be THINKING of requesting a .MP3 for download?!? B)
0 replies
K
KorteX
K
KorteX 10
answered

Finally, we change to a private hosting, the stupid filter is a big disadvantage (we can't speak about a mp3 player and a lot of contents... stupid censure:@..).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Marcos.
0 replies
C
chbe
C
chbe 10
------------------------------------

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 161 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

Great, and good that it wasn't fusion related. :D
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 21 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 8 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet