Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

When PHPFusion v8 RC1

Locked Asked Modified Viewed 8,642 times
J
jikaka
J
jikaka 10
www.rusfusion.ru - russian nss
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 82 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked
Veteran Member

when to expect the first release of version 8?
at what stage is the work?
0 replies

25 posts

C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

This thread solved?
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 146
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 12 questions
answered
Super Admin

It is our main goal, to keep our simplicity while we also bring more things to the table.
Features that we know people have been lacking and we also try to add even more intuitive functionality to PHPFusion in order to further more strengthen the well known simplicity profile.
With our next version, as you can see in the crude change log above, I think we have managed to land in a very good balance.
This despite the massive amount of features and changes we are adding in one go.
0 replies
R
Rudios
R
Rudios 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 145 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
answered

Id did try them "all", that is easy with Softaculous. Fusion was the only one that made me able (as a non-programmer!) to transfer my web pages and content myself and easy. It is easy to use an iframe in Fusion for instance. It is easy to add content in Fusion in general. I'm more than 25 years online (using RA/TBBS to Fusion) and I have learned this: never think like a sysop/admin/programmer but as a user/consumer. Make it as easy and simple as possible to use. JM2C
0 replies
J
JoiNNN
J
JoiNNN 10
  • Contributed 850 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 100 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

@Rudios
I don't how good are your php skills but I also tried in the past the CMSs you mentioned above and a few more and also found them rather difficult to work with, there is no doubt they are in many ways better than Fusion but the ease of use and simplicity are not one of them.
Although development was slow Fusion will get better and prettier soon.
0 replies
R
Rudios
R
Rudios 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Quote Domi:
"Easy to Understand
Easily Customizable
Easy Publishing
Easy to Modify"

That is Fusion for me.

Drupal: did try it, too complex
Joomla: can not understand it
Wordpress: looks good but...

For now, I stick with Fusion.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 146
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 12 questions
answered
Super Admin

Hello, Thank you for your thoughts.
Your concerns are valid and we are working as fast as possible with this.
I recently announced that we will do a 7.03 version before we release 8.
The RC is almost refined to a level were we need help to test, meaning that a beta will actually be available very soon.
In this version we cover just about all functionality that 8 have in it´s Development plan.
The complete structural change is left out , some people even think we should call it 8 and move the other version to 9.

There are still bugs in basic functionality and many of the add-ons in the add-on DB are old, outdated, and don't work (or work well) with the newer v7 versions.

What bugs are you referring to?

It's hard to argue against Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla. It's hard to push a great CMS when development is sluggish at best.

Not at all, as you said it is still a great CMS.
Here is a few more arguments. ( See front star section for even more https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/home.php )

Easy to Understand
Easily Customizable
Fast & Lightweight
Security & Updates
Make Dynamic Content
Portable & Multisite
Localization
Easy Publishing
Easy to Modify
Top Notch Community Support,
simply a well established CMS.

Let me show you the change log, ( not very arranged atm )

Introducing SEO - A fully integrated and comprehensive SEO engine for PHPFusion with it´s own Administration.
Introducing Administration area Theming capabilities - You can now create your own customized Themes for the Administration area.
A new Stock Theme Called Venus have been created and are included as the default theme for this.
Introducing Multilingual Features - PHPFusion have from this day forth a full core support for Multilingual content together with several relevant API´s that have been developed for smooth and easy implementations for your Infusions and for it´s settings.
Multilingual support have been implemented in all native Infusions.
Introducing PDO Functions - PHPFusion can now run with full PDO support.
PDO provides a data-access abstraction layer, which means that, regardless of which database you're using, you use the same functions to issue queries and fetch data.
PDO does not provide a database abstraction; it doesn't rewrite SQL or emulate missing features.
The PHP Data Objects (PDO) extension defines a light-weight, consistent interface for accessing databases in PHP.
Each database driver that implements the PDO interface can expose database-specific features as regular extension functions.
Introducing customized error messages with the help of error.php and .htaccess - We use localized text and images for the error reporting of the following HTTP errors,
ErrorDocument 400, ErrorDocument 401, ErrorDocument 403, ErrorDocument 404, ErrorDocument 500
Introducing Bootstrap support - Bootstrap 3.2 are now loaded with core. You can toggle it from main settings.
Introducing a new Stock Theme, Bootstrapped 3.2 to act as default theme, Fully responsive with custom login template.
Introducing Email templates - You can now have customized emails sent for Contact, Notification PM , Notification threads.
Added locale files for errors in all admin pages.
Removed all html hardcoded forms, the entire system have been replaced with Fusion Dynamics.
Added a standard mobile menu
Improved Panel Administration, We wanted to make it more interesting - Panel Admin is now more visual.
Two new panel positions have been made available, AU_CENTER ( Above upper center ) and BL_CENTER (Below Lower Center).
The idea is to enable two extra panel positions that have full theme width like subheader and footer while these positions can be populated with panel content like any other panel position via the Panel Administration.
Panels can also be enabled for only a few selected languages or all enabled languages.
Added new login methods, you can select between username and email or both. (Administration > Settings > Misc)
Forum have some new content indicator icons added, hot, attach, image_attach, poll
Updated phpmailer class from 5.2.6 to 5.2.8
Upgraded TinyMCE editor update to 4.0
Added a MIME file type check setting toggler can be found in Misc settings.
Added a option to add forum category description
Added a option to show last user post avatar in forum
Added a themes/templates/default.css which will contain some default css rules.
Added /images/flags for each country.
Added a forum index was reformatted to be a bit more semantic and added more css classes ( what classes ? )
jscript.js has been beautified in order to facilitate further modifications
Removed readarticle.php
Replaced many & with &
Removed hidden text from search results
Fixed a bug in cleanup process after a user is deleted
Fixed IP Ban range issues in IP_handling_include.php
Changed user signature from TEXT to VARCHAR(500)
jQuery version have been updated
jQuery Colorbox version have been updated
Updated colorbox.css
Fixed an issue in setup.php
Fixed a problem with index.php as starting page if the opening page are empty.
Fixed : Deprecated: preg_replace() in url_bbcode_include.php
Updated db_backup.php
ICQ bbcode tweaked
Fixed a bug with show/hide signature
Fixed a unset error in maincore.php
Completely removed "correctPNG()" function in jscript.php
Fixed a panel restriction bug
Scrapped the MSN user field
Added an Alert before deleting comment
HTML typos have been corrected in blacklist, errors, articles, login and news.
Optimized some images using Smush.it
Extended Quote BBcode
Extended Quote optimizations
Added Threads per page, Posts per page in Administration > Settings > Items per page
Removed tbl2 from maintenance.php
Added html_entity_decode() to the short description box in downloads.php
Fixed a potential url issue in viewthread.php
forum_threads_panel now follows the Threads per page setting as limit
Added function output handling to add add_to_jquery() was introduced to semantically add Jquery scripts across files.
Added functions in footer, header, admin header, admin_header_mce to support SEO, and the new Admin Theme.
Added Entypo icons as basic default icon selection.
Demo file included a css sample parser at /site_path/includes/font/entypo/entypo.php
Added Notification UI query stacks - Pulled from 8.00 - function notify();
Upgraded BBCodes to support PHP 5.5
Added PHPFusion Admin Icons
Re-designed User info Panel
User Fields API 1.2 - Now supporting off userDB tables, which allows to extend User Fields to End application level, if you want to link Ebay account into PF, now you can.
Added User Blacklisting function. Now User can block each other and apply user blocking actions.
Added Jquery cookie added https://github.com/carhartl/jquery-cookie to core into includes/
Search.php have been rewritten for SEO modules to work.
All themes need to update theme’s form method=get to method=post to support SEO.
Complete integration of 2 out of 5 development branch made for 8.00 to 7.03. Fusion Dynamics and Fusion Defender.
Fusion Dynamics, a functional form builder components. Fusion Defender, a new security class. Both loaded into maincore.php.
Implemented Dynamics API to Core.
- complete rewrite of all admin files.
- Dynamics should be read together with Bootstrap 3.2 integration as default HTML markup selection. (Item 3)
- Dynamics should be read together with latest Jquery output handling. (Item 4)
- Dynamics should be read together with Defender.
- Inputs introduced:
a. text field
b. text area field
c. select2 js (http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/) for dropdowns
d. toggle switches (http://www.bootstrap-switch.org/) for checkboxes
e. ajax user search - off branch select2();
f. colorpicker - (http://www.eyecon.ro/bootstrap-colorpicker/)
g. Datepicker Calendar - (http://eonasdan.github.io/bootstrap-datetimepicker/)
h. File input - (https://github.com/kartik-v/bootstrap-fileinput)
Extras Freebies Un-loaded from 8.00;
i. Js table sorter - http://tablesorter.com
ii. Filter for JS based Bootstrap page navigation - road mapped product.
iii. Chain select library - pulled from 8.00 for double chain selections.http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/lazyload) - supported by form_select();
Implemented Defender and Automated Token System to all file related to : news, articles, weblinks, submissions, search, forum, forum threads, forum post, news categories, news, private message, shoutbox, photo gallery, contact.
- Added class to Maincore.php
- Added token to Dynamics
- Force and consolidate all post and get validation to basically just a single function - form_sanitizer();
Auto Form Token Validation -
- Session is created for token in maincore.php
- Auto validation of sessions and fields generated by Dyanamics
Auto Field Validation -
i. added text validation for Dynamics
ii. added number validation for Dynamics
iii. added email validation for Dynamics.
iv. added required validation for Dyanmics.
v. added file checking and file uploading for Dynamics.
vi. retrenched other types reserved for 8.00.
Edited by N/A on 30-09-2014 08:32,
0 replies
M
mlw4428
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 15 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
answered

I'm a lurker more-so than an active contributor, but I do, generally, love the CMS. I think there's a lot of fans frustrated at the lack of any real development. Other CMSes have kept up with the times and some (like Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla) manage to keep pumping out generally well received updates (admittedly Joomla has only recently been really well rated).

PHPFusion has been v7 for over 6 years (https://php-fusion.co.uk/news.php?readmore=418). There are still bugs in basic functionality and many of the add-ons in the add-on DB are old, outdated, and don't work (or work well) with the newer v7 versions. Many people would call this a dead project, but every so often you guys release some news or a teaser about v8 development.

Even the Alpha "alpha" site (next.php-fusion.co.uk) has seemed to have disappeared, despite it being an exciting look at the features going into development. It's frustrating because v7 sites and themes feel old. They look old and they act old. I want to use PHPFusion in my next project.

It's hard to argue against Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla. It's hard to push a great CMS when development is sluggish at best. I don't have easy answers, but I felt like voicing my concerns in the hopes that it's not seen as rampant nit-picking, but true blue concerns from a long-time fan of PHPFusion.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

:G :G
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Contributed 3,842 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Right now, we're gonna push 7.03 as fast as we can, and as stable as we can. Upon that done, I will make my personal goal to push out V8 RC1 within this year as well. I hope that gives many insights to the Version 8.00 release date - and as to when, I cannot guarantee. It all boils down to a time/development variable. I hope that gives the insights many are missing at this point of time.
- by hien

Fred, Just keep doing the good your doing without saying to much. ;) :G

You know what I mean anyway, just saying.
- by Craig

I got it covered bro. :)
0 replies
C
coremedia
C
  • Contributed 43 posts on the community forums.
answered

Thanks for the update Hien! :)

Of the two CMS I currently use, the Support on PHPFusion is by far better. That's what is more vauable for me for any CMS. We all like to see new features added, especially if it is something that we have wanted for some time but I think getting the core of the CMS & current infusions working flawlessly before adding new features makes more sense. This is one thing that PHPFusion is good at for me. Too many other CMS bring out buggy releases & addons & continue to do so without actualy fixing what they brought out in the first placce properly. PHPFusion is the best in my opinion so far! :)
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

Right now, we're gonna push 7.03 as fast as we can, and as stable as we can. Upon that done, I will make my personal goal to push out V8 RC1 within this year as well. I hope that gives many insights to the Version 8.00 release date - and as to when, I cannot guarantee. It all boils down to a time/development variable. I hope that gives the insights many are missing at this point of time.
- by hien

Fred, Just keep doing the good your doing without saying to much. ;) :G

You know what I mean anyway, just saying.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

As far as the delay goes, it's about syncing time/development. I can assure most that what needs to be done was timely executed despite any kinds of reasons was encountered. There are just people in this project that sacrificed everything they have for Fusion, and I'm one of them. We don't ask for payments. We ask for patience due to heavy load of chasing back development speed.

Then again, we also need to question that should Fusion faced heavy acceleration, many developers would be left out. At the end, nobody will be able to answer users questions. Mind that, out of 10 major CMS, Fusion yet remained one that possessed relatively quite high ratings in terms of support quality and feedback. If one would look at a problem and ask any of the senior developers here any questions - most knew the entire CMS inside out and could give an answer right away. Now, changing all these will require everyone to update themselves and follow the development very closely.

Our devs simply can't be missed out, and then come back like 3 version laters and still think it will be the same and still be supported. That is also a reason we go for 7.03 before 8, because we will all land in nightmare when looking at the code changes (except for the author himself of course). Then we'll be facing new problems as well.

It's a double edged factor here. If we discuss too much, things may never be done. If we don't, many will not know what actually landed.

We cannot simply be too fast, nor too slow. Everything has its pace. To simply put it, if there are 50 hard-core developers working on the commits here today, we'd be ten times faster in coming up with anything. But as far as today is, many projects have been made available to users and what I can do as here is to ensure that our codes are well preserved and wait for contributing developers to actually work on this project. This is a collaborative effort, unique nonetheless.

0 replies
C
coremedia
C
answered

The key to any new release is not so much about when it is coming, it's about the communication between the Development Team & the Members. I have also tried using Dolphin over the last few months & they are going through a similar thing bringing out a new release. Obviously once it is announced a new release is coming then people will get impatient, especially the more they hear about any new fesatures that may interest them. I think it is important for a Development Team to get people on board who can commit to working on the key areas of the project that would ensure it's release in a timely manner.

I also think a release month should be published on the understanding that it may change where Admin can update & give reasons for the delay. This keeps everyone informed & lets members know that the project is still being worked on & not abandoned. This is essential when working on online projects as all too often sites & projects end abruptly & members are left in the dark. It keeps them interested, in the know & can also create a buzz for the upcoming release which can be much needed nearer the actual release date. Just my two pennies worth on the topic ;)
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

hatiko.ru/img/poroda.jpg

- by Rush_

But who let the dogs out? Who? Who? :D
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Check out the latest V7.03 announcement. https://php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=35239&pid=189989#post_189989

TQ.
0 replies
J
jikaka
J
jikaka 10
answered
Veteran Member

hatiko.ru/img/poroda.jpg

- by Rush_

belarus attack?
:)
0 replies
R
Rush_
R
Rush_ 10
  • Contributed 34 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

hatiko.ru/img/poroda.jpg
0 replies
R
Rizado
R
Rizado 10
It's real to create protection from virus, but is unreal to create protection from idiot user. Unless AKM-74 smile .
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
answered

This CMS has no updates more than one year and it's very bad. You may loss a some users.
I use this CMS since 2007 but now I use WP :| for two reasons:
1. Friendly URLs.
2. UTF-8.
I'm ready to be a beta-tester, I know PHP and I can fix part of possiblke bugs.

When we may expect RC?
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Rudios, thank you my friend. I think you have just answered the thread. A quantum leap is too risky to be released as this project is measured by community progress. But know that the RC1 resides in this very server months ago. :) If it was not there, the screenshots wouldn't exist in the first place.

Yet, yes. Domi said what I wanted to say anyway regarding to this.
0 replies
R
Rudios
R
Rudios 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thank you for the link Domi. This new Fusion 8 doesn't look like a minor (interim) upgrade, but more like going from windows 1.01 to OSX. ;)
A big thank you to all who create this new beauty! :G
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 25 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 10 members

10 participants

F
F
Falk 146

• Answered 12 questions
C
C
Craig 14
M
M
  • Contributed 15 posts on the community forums.
C
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
R
R
Rizado 10
It's real to create protection from virus, but is unreal to create protection from idiot user. Unless AKM-74 smile .
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
J
J
jikaka 10
R
R
Rush_ 10
  • Contributed 34 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
J
J
JoiNNN 10
  • Contributed 850 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 100 threads in the forums
C
C
R
R
Rudios 10
  • Member, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet