Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Bugs & Exploits Newsletter?

Asked Modified Viewed 2,411 times
X
Xinterp
X
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 18 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Bugs & Exploits Newsletter?

Is there a PHPFusion Bugs & Exploits Newsletter so I can keep up-to-date with the newest updates/patches/hotfixes. This would seriously improve how the developers can communicate with the users.

--Xin.
http://www.precision-guild.com
Recently Hacked via "Upload-Malicious-PHPfiles-thru-Avatars"
0 replies

8 posts

S
scorp
S
scorp 10
scorp
  • Contributed 26 posts on the community forums.
answered

I had also requested a rss feed for the news weeks ago...
0 replies
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 184 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 19 threads in the forums
answered

They definitely should use the newsletter thing to keep us all informed about updates, upgrades, fixes new cvs versions and more.
0 replies
X
Xinterp
X
answered

/bump for action.
0 replies
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
answered

indeed
0 replies
M
muscapaul
M
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

Sites: Diptera.info (site owner); Online-Keys.net (site owner); Sciomyzidae.info (site co-owner); muscapaul.com (defunct; site owner)
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,075 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Xinterp wrote:
/bump for action.

Hmm, let things settle in and be discussed by staff, please. We cannot supply immediate solutions for everything, even if we wanted to. We should not rush.

IMAO webmasters using a CMS should first keep themselves up to date about what is happening by reading news on the sites. A newsletter ought to be a reminder of what is happening but should never be heir only source of information.
0 replies
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thats right but it will be a great help and time saving TOOL to remind webmasters to check back in here for news on bigger issues that are affecting many webmasters. For instance, I know webmasters that don't know of exploits until its too late, or they install and everything goes so well that they never check back for updates & upgrades. It is in these cases that a newsletter will greatly increase general security of all subscribed members and when a new file is released a simple e-mail will cue us all in here to get the hot-fix soon.

Newsletters are just that... a message telling whats on the news in here, or an excerpt of the news in here sent by e-mail to webmasters all over. So... as far as that goes, I totally understand your point about giving the administration & development teams their space to discuss these matters, but in my opinion a feature that would help spread the word like this, shouldn't be thought over so much.

In any case and as always, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more & more improvements over time, for this is the best project I have been a member of. Cheers!:D
0 replies
S
Sheldon
S
Sheldon King
Technical Administrator
IT Solutions Provider
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 616 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
answered

uh uh uh...

I as high up staff have been requesting this for about a year now.

Nothing has happened. With the managment team Im sure we will see more action. Just give us time. We work on Fusion voluntarily. We also have lives of our own, jobs, families, etc.

-Sheldon
0 replies
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
answered

Sheldon wrote:
uh uh uh...

I as high up staff have been requesting this for about a year now.

Nothing has happened. With the managment team Im sure we will see more action. Just give us time. We work on Fusion voluntarily. We also have lives of our own, jobs, families, etc.

-Sheldon

Hey there Sheldon!

Look, please do not missunderstand me, I am not saying that admins or devs should make this happen overnight (nor implying that this is what you understood), but taken from the viable facts that there is already a newsletter modification out there, that it has been proven that it works well, and many other simple facts regarding its ease of use and implementation... It leaves this issue to a matter of minutes to implement...

I know ya'll have families and a life, I do have all of that myself with a wife and kids of my own, but do not mix it all up on this one request, there is no coding to get down... just add a simple panel anyone can do that... and as fixes come out its as easy as a two or three line paragraph saying "hey there fellow php-fusioners a new update is out! come n get it!" more or less thats what I mean... its too easy to do this... when you say that you have been sleeping over this for over a year... well... its ok, there is always some other thing to do I can take that for starters, but I am just saying that it is very effective and it is little pain second to none into its implementation thats it. ;)
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 8 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

5 participants

S
S
Sheldon King
Technical Administrator
IT Solutions Provider
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 616 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
M
M
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

Sites: Diptera.info (site owner); Online-Keys.net (site owner); Sciomyzidae.info (site co-owner); muscapaul.com (defunct; site owner)
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,075 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
S
S
scorp 10
scorp
  • Contributed 26 posts on the community forums.
E
E
  • Member, joined since
X
X

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet