Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Adding thumbnails to gallery

Asked Modified Viewed 1,512 times
S
Suzuki
S
Suzuki 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 8 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Evening folks,

I have a situation where the user can upload an image to the relevant folder, but when super-admin (me) clicks Publish, the following error occurs:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in C:\wamp\www\includes\photo_functions_include.php on line 19

The file has uploaded to the server in the ../../images/album1/.. folder, and so has moved out of submissions. It is a .jpeg file of 1600x1200 of 622KB, well within the settings in PHP of 1800x1600 and 1500000 bytes. The album has not been named though ... but does appear on the site as being empty.

Any ideas?

Steve
0 replies

8 posts

B
Bimmer
B
Bimmer 10
Best reagards
Bimmer / Admin http://www.phpfusion.dk

I JUST LOVE PHP-FUSION !
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 44 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
answered

Hi

Still DOWNLOAD THE HAND BOOK ... And its becaurse the pic havnt been given a unick name for the SQL base by the one uploding it !
0 replies
S
Suzuki
S
Suzuki 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Thanks again - and the same apologies apply as the last thread. Not sure what I understand about the SQL stuff in the post - but will no doubt learn when I read the manual tomorrow.

Sorry, but one last point - do I have a security vulnerability due to this? If so, I'll shut the server off, else, I'll change it remotely tomorrow.

Thanks, and apologies.

Steve.

P.S. Sorry for this, but the point of the forum is to ask questions - I don't know what's in the manual as its got 160+ pages, and I don't understand 99% of it. You guys can answer my questions in a plain English, and situation-specific, way. You are the best manual a guy could ask for. I appreciate that you'd be on here all day if muppets like me asked for help every step of the way, but I'd like to think that most would struggle on alone before asking. I've been trying to get this working for three weeks! That's the whole Fusion thing - I got it going tonight so am unnecessarily impatient to learn more and run it properly. Sorry, but I just prefer to "speak" to real people about real sitautions rather than read a generic jargon manual. Understand you have better things to do, though. Is there another forum better suited to users like me?
0 replies
B
Bimmer
B
Bimmer 10
Best reagards
Bimmer / Admin http://www.phpfusion.dk

I JUST LOVE PHP-FUSION !
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 44 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
answered

@Suzuki

We are all in here on our spare time and support is free we are not payed. this is an open project.

Second i find the manual rather easy to understand for all. Its just to sit down and read it ! You dont even have to read it from start to end ! Its well illustrated too...

I dont like manuels to but to learn to support others and learn how to code one MUST read ! Sometime you have to read this isnt all CNN LIVE NEWS ! ;)

I guees you havnt even looke at the Handbook... am i right ;)
Edited by Bimmer on 02-08-2006 01:27,
0 replies
S
Suzuki
S
Suzuki 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I like the analogy to CNN Live ... I do appreciate that you are all unpaid, and sparing your time - don't think I am not. I appreciate all advice I get from people who know more than me.

I will read the manual, and then maybe I can give some constructive feedback in these forums to other people struggling.

I was not "having a go" - just explaining myself. I, personally, do find the written, generic manual harder to understand than asking the question specifically - but I understand totally where you are coming form. Like I said, I am unnecessarily impatient!

I moderate and administrate a C++ forum, so am well aware how stupid I sound!! I will take your comments on board, read the manual, and if that doen't solve the problem, I'll be back tomorrow night!! ;-)

A genuine "thank you" to you all who help people. You take care Bimmer ... thanks.

Suzuki.
Edited by Suzuki on 02-08-2006 01:33,
0 replies
S
Suzuki
S
Suzuki 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Sorry - missed the last question there ... skim-reading again!!

Yes, I had done a Ctrl+F on the manual and suspect I was too "trigger-happy" in typing in the help forum.

Sorry again.

Suzuki
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 146
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 12 questions
answered
Super Admin

Easy fix, enable the gd extension in your php.ini.
0 replies
S
Suzuki
S
Suzuki 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Done, works, brilliant, thanks!!

Steve.
0 replies
D
denko
D
denko 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
answered

hello digitanium,
my problem started out as a: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()".
after spending some time on your forums, i got to this thread and realized that the gd library has to do with php, not php-fusion. i spent time on php.net and i figured out that problem, and want to share my experience. i looked at both php.net/gd and php.net/zlib
here's my configuration from my server.com/administration/phpinfo.php :

PHP:
System            Red Hat Linux 9, kernel 2.4.20-8 #1
               Thu Mar 13 16:42:56 EST 2003 i586
Build Date          Aug 16 2006 12:31:16
Configure Command    './configure  \'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/2.2.2/bin/apxs  \'
'--with-apache2=/usr/local/httpd-2.2.2/  \'
'--with-mysql  \'
'--with-gd  \'
'--with-zlib'
Server API          Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Sup.       disabled
Configuration File
(php.ini) Path         /usr/local/lib/php.ini
PHP API          20041225
PHP Extension      20050922
Zend Extension      220051025

GD:
GD Support       enabled
GD Version       bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support    enabled
GIF Create Support    enabled
PNG Support       enabled
WBMP Support       enabled
XBM Support       enabled

note that i had to recompile my php using the Configure Command above, using --with-gd and --with-zlib; also, i had to add the following line in my /usr/local/lib/php.ini :

; Dynamic Extensions ;
extension=gd.so

after this i rebooted my system and tried to upload a .gif and a .png and it works fine for both the thumbnails and the photos. the only problem i'm having is that the thumbnails look ugly, like they're only 256 colours. eluxIt posted the same at

[url]http://php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=39&thread_id=12390&pid=75774#post_75774[/url]

i extend my deepest gratitude to nick (digitanium) for his hint that helped me solve the original problem. i admire your dedication; throughout the forums you keep answering the toughest questions diligently, without much praise for that, not to mention you're doing it for free. god bless.
Edited by denko on 17-08-2006 09:37,
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 8 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet