Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

antispam

Asked Modified Viewed 5,571 times
M
mlw4428
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 15 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking up a project to modify/upgrade the antispam panel (or develop a new one) so that it would be compatible with 7.02.05? Truthfully all I really need is a system that can check users (manually) from an infusion (so there's no modification of core files) and can delete/disable/report (to stopforumspam.com).

If you're willing to develop an infusion I am willing to pay so long as:
1) It can be released to the public
2) Be open source

$50 or so as I'm not asking for something that's overly beautiful.

Thanks!
0 replies

6 posts

K
kneekoo
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

Have you tried these add-ons? They are both compatible with the latest PHPFusion but the second one is pretty close to what you need.
0 replies
M
mlw4428
M
answered

kneekoo wrote:

Have you tried these add-ons? They are both compatible with the latest PHPFusion but the second one is pretty close to what you need.

I have looked at these, however it doesn't seem like there's a way to report/add a user as a spammer. From what I've read it seems that it just simply queries the stopforumspam db, but won't add to it. If a spammer gets through, I'd like to be able to report it and help other sites as well!

If someone has used this before and I'm wrong, please let me know.

**EDIT**

I tried this out and tested it by registering with an email that was blocked by stopforumspam (johncrook@mail.ru). It let me register and now has reserved that username slot (how can I free that up).
Edited by mlw4428 on 15-04-2012 19:17,
0 replies
L
lelebart
L
I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again! Bart Simpson
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 133 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
answered

mlw4428 wrote:

[...] From what I've read it seems that it just simply queries the stopforumspam db, but won't add to it. If a spammer gets through, I'd like to be able to report it and help other sites as well!
If someone has used this before and I'm wrong, please let me know. [...]

You're right, I still have to write the new version, an infusion which allow you to add your spam data (you need their API keys) -- btw, you can do it here.

[...] I tried this out and tested it by registering with an email that was blocked by stopforumspam (johncrook@mail.ru). It let me register and now has reserved that username slot (how can I free that up). [...]

Weird.
You should be able to remove the user via PHPFusion's administration interface.

Edit: is that you? :P

15-Apr-12 12:19 108.162.222.14 dmsiezjx johncrook@mail.ru
0 replies
M
mlw4428
M
answered

lelebart wrote:

mlw4428 wrote:

[...] From what I've read it seems that it just simply queries the stopforumspam db, but won't add to it. If a spammer gets through, I'd like to be able to report it and help other sites as well!
If someone has used this before and I'm wrong, please let me know. [...]

You're right, I still have to write the new version, an infusion which allow you to add your spam data (you need their API keys) -- btw, you can do it here.

[...] I tried this out and tested it by registering with an email that was blocked by stopforumspam (johncrook@mail.ru). It let me register and now has reserved that username slot (how can I free that up). [...]

Weird.
You should be able to remove the user via PHPFusion's administration interface.

Edit: is that you? :P

15-Apr-12 12:19 108.162.222.14 dmsiezjx johncrook@mail.ru

That is the test email account I used to register the user. I was under the impression that the registration would be blocked. It was not (it sent a validation request to that email).
0 replies
L
lelebart
L
I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again! Bart Simpson
  • Member, joined since
answered

mlw4428 wrote:

[...]
That is the test email account I used to register the user. I was under the impression that the registration would be blocked. It was not (it sent a validation request to that email).

Where did you place the panel? Is it at the very beginning of all your other panels? If yes, it should make empty username and email post datas, failing the registration.
0 replies
M
mlw4428
M
answered

lelebart wrote:

mlw4428 wrote:

[...]

Where did you place the panel? Is it at the very beginning of all your other panels? If yes, it should make empty username and email post datas, failing the registration.

It is the top, center panel (first one even).
0 replies

Category Forum

Panels and Infusions

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 6 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

K
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
M
M
L
L
  • Member, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet