Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Articles organization...

Asked Modified Viewed 2,302 times
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 184 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 19 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello guys, a member of Spanish SS asked about this... we offered a temporary solution... but I wanted to give this to you all.

It is happening when we have more than one article in any article category. The article title shows up (in that field no html/php is allowed). Then the article description appears directly below that, and in that field we can use html/php even though the html buttons below (non-TinyMCE user) dont include any php or whatever.

Ok, here is the jig...

Now, in the atached image, I added a <hr> inside the descriptiion field at the very end. But the user asking about this did not, and he had some articles showing up without any kind of separation, which made it all look messed up.

We have to manually enter an <hr> to the end of our article descriptions in order to separate them.

I tried both my sites, and it shows up like this... is there any kind of fix for this released already? (I couldn't find none though).
Edited by Elvenelf on 27-03-2007 00:40,
0 replies

5 posts

H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,247 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Sad a fellow Admin cant get an answer to this. Anyone?
0 replies
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
answered

Well... I guess I'll have to do it myself then... I was looking forward to get external help because the MIS at the office closed almost ALL my ports and left me with only IE7 to access the web, so I have no FTP access or whatever... if a webpage uses the FTP protocol it gets shutdown and the page wont work, so from the office I am screwed, at home I am studying so I have little time to fix things up... most my sites are way behind maintenance schedule and this stupid paranoid MIS in here is getting on my nerves... >_<

So... I think it would be a simple fix to add the <hr> into the message variable with a .= or something... that way it gets just a simple "fix"... but I cant access the pages of my own sites to edit them ...

I have php in my pc but no mysql so I can't locally test any fix either... I failed at installing mysql locally so this is a sucky situation... I need to learn more to be successful in installing a mysql copy locally on a windows pc... dang that sucks... so much setting up is simply so difficult... >_<
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,247 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Xampp

Come on Elf, You have proven to be competent. Whats the matter?
0 replies
I
it-norden
I
Find it.
Think...
Fix it!
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 240 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

anyone can install xamp :) soo easy :)
0 replies
— 3 months later —
E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
answered

:p I had never heard of that... anyways, I had already found tat xampp from the mysql forums and i am rollin, dang i should have come back n read in here... ive been so darn busy that it sucks... >_< :o

Also the issues that were binding me previously are over. I now have access to my online dev resources again. I will work on this thing once more... simple fix must be... gotta get it in gear lol Thanks tho for the xampp link, sad that i didnt read in here earlier... >_<
Edited by Elvenelf on 11-07-2007 18:34,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet