Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Deleting Cookies

Asked Modified Viewed 1,797 times
V
VinnyS
V
VinnyS 10
VinnyS
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 44 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 17 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi

I made a php-fusion site for my work, PROBLEM after someone log's out there are still loged in, OK I was talking to the IT person at work is there a way when someone click's on Logout that it can delete cookies or times out when you click on logout??

THANKS
VinnyS
0 replies

3 posts

E
Elvenelf
E
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 184 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 19 threads in the forums
answered

hmmm this is actually a good question... i would find myself some benefit from this feature because some users have complained that when they enter the forums, the site is logging them out... sometimes when they post... the site logs them out... and stuff like that... odd behavior... then they have to delete their cookies and loose their valued information... u know how cookies get all stacked and it is a pain if u have to delete ALL of them... so we could show a small link to delete or unset, the cookies used by our site... so that users may fix problems related to our site without having to delete ALL of their cookies...

get my idea here? its more or less the same as VinnyS posted... but I gave a more in depth problematic situation... sorta like a reason for it to happen...

I wouldn't know how to deal with this... cookies are beyond what I know about websites... sorry... i think i just added to your questions issue... but someone is bound to see this thread and hopefully give out some kind of jewel of wisdom i am sure...
0 replies
M
Meth0d
M
Meth0d 10
justinlove.net/../../images/jl-webdesign.png
justinlove.net/../../images/myblog.png
justinlove.net/../../images/free-imghost.png
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 60 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

VinnyS wrote:
Hi

I made a php-fusion site for my work, PROBLEM after someone log's out there are still loged in, OK I was talking to the IT person at work is there a way when someone click's on Logout that it can delete cookies or times out when you click on logout??

THANKS
VinnyS

from time-to-time i will notice the same issues, and the only way to fix it seems to be to manually delete the sites cookie and start again :@
0 replies
V
VinnyS
V
VinnyS 10
VinnyS
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 44 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 17 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
answered

Hi Meth0d

Deleting the cookies from the site can not be done, the computer is on a big network, I guess what I might need it for php fusion not to look for cookies, it would be nice it php fusion would give us the choice to look for cookies or just go by the login user name and password......

VinnyS
Edited by VinnyS on 08-05-2007 23:35,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 3 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet