Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Clearing Shoutbox/Forum

Asked Modified Viewed 1,624 times
H
hame
H
hame 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 423 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 44 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

ver. 6.01.15 im running the latest infusion of the User_panel, but when i clear the Shoutbox or Forum people all lose their points, how can i have this?
0 replies

1 post

G
googlebot
G
Visit the new home of the merge between Hacking Vs. Security and Security Override!
My copyright removal has been switched over from HvS to SecurityOverride.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 638 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 28 threads in the forums
answered

hame wrote:
ver. 6.01.15 im running the latest infusion of the User_panel, but when i clear the Shoutbox or Forum people all lose their points, how can i have this?

Here is the reasoning:

user1 posts in forum 2 posts. user1's post count is now 2. You delete one post. It goes down to one.

The post count goes to the database for the post count. It finds the number of posts with author "user1" (or whatever username). When you delete a post, you delete it from the database, and thus the post count goes down one.

You would have to alter it to, every time a post is posted, it goes up one and doesn't rely on the database.

How would you go about that? I believe Top Forum Posters mod for v6.01.15 does this. You'll have to search that code. But I'm not 100% sure...
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 1 post
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet