Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

user admin password error

Asked Modified Viewed 3,295 times
D
draganon
D
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 8 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have a new v7 website, I only transferred the fusion_user database from v6 to v7 and now it has this error:

Notice: Undefined index: user_admin_password in /hermes/web04/b1743/pow.jorgemarte/htdocs/themes/templates/panels.php on line 110

Any idea on how to fix?
0 replies

5 posts

M
muscapaul
M
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

Sites: Diptera.info (site owner); Online-Keys.net (site owner); Sciomyzidae.info (site co-owner); muscapaul.com (defunct; site owner)
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,075 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Basically your problem is that the table structure for a v6 users table is different for that of v7 and that v7 cannot work with the v6 table.
If you still have the v6 site with the original table and you do not intend to use that anymore, you can run the upgrade script for v7, export the database table again and import it in the v7 site. The v6 site will then be useless unless you upload all the v7 files.
The easiest way would be to alter the table previewing a custom page with some code but as you cannot set the admin password it will not be possible for you.
0 replies
D
draganon
D
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Hey muscapaul, I did what you told me. I went to my v6 website and ran the upgrade.php to v7. After I did that I refreshed my website to make a database backup so I can transfer the new database backup to my v7 website, but it said this error when I refreshed my website:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function render_header() in /hermes/web04/b1743/pow.jorgemarte/htdocs/sigepnyrho/subheader.php on line 32

How can I make the database backup now? :| sorry If I am a pain in the neck I am a newbie trying to get a hold of this...

Thanks for the help paul
0 replies
W
WEC
W
WEC 10
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Part of the readme for v7:

UPGRADE FROM V6.01.XX
Before you upgrade we strongly recommend that you backup your files and your database as PHPFusion 7 is a major update compared to its predecessors. You need to follow these instructions precisely.

1. Version 6 code is not directly compatible with version 7. You must either update any mods, infusions, panels or themes before upgrading OR acquire a version 7 compatible update. It is recommended, however, that you disable all 3rd party code to avoid any problems.

2. First you must upload the upgrade script from the folder named 'upgrade v601x' to the administration folder of your site.

3. Login to your site as the Super Administrator. Under the System Admin tab of the Admin Panel, click on Upgrade then click the button marked Upgrade. YOU MUST follow the upgrade through a number of steps, the upgrade process will complete only when you see 'Database upgrade complete'.

4. VERY IMPORTANT: Since this release contains a number of structural changes, some elements of your site will not work properly until you have updated all of your files. YOU MUST upload ALL of the files from the files folder.

If at all you are any doubt please feel free to ask one of our support sites for help, there are plenty of knowledgeable users in our community who can help or advise you regarding the upgrade process.

Did you follow step 1. and removed all your v6 themes?
0 replies
— 3 months later —
J
JanetandNick
J
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
answered

How do you "remove all themes"?
Surely there must be at least one theme?

(Before we get into the same trouble!)

We are using that rather nice "Valencia" at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have a V7 equivalent.

Janet & Nick
0 replies
S
SiteMaster
S
If i have touched it, it's W3C Valid
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 305 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
answered

JanetandNick wrote:

How do you "remove all themes"?
Surely there must be at least one theme?

(Before we get into the same trouble!)

We are using that rather nice "Valencia" at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have a V7 equivalent.

Janet & Nick

if "Valencia" was the default theme on the v6 site, you need to delete all v6 themes on your v7 site and rename a v7 theme to "Valencia" then the error should be gone
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

5 participants

M
M
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

Sites: Diptera.info (site owner); Online-Keys.net (site owner); Sciomyzidae.info (site co-owner); muscapaul.com (defunct; site owner)
  • Contributed 1,075 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
W
W
WEC 10
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
D
D
  • Newbie, joined since
S
S
If i have touched it, it's W3C Valid
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 305 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
J
J
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet