Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Custom Pages Help

Asked Modified Viewed 2,096 times
B
banjax
B
banjax 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

i am trying to make a form on php fusion that is connected with a database but cant seem to get anything to work when i preview my form page i get this

Warning: include(config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/B/public_html/administration/custom_pages.php(73) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/B/public_html/administration/custom_pages.php(73) : eval()'d code on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in /home/B/public_html/administration/custom_pages.php(73) : eval()'d code on line 14

Notice: Undefined variable: logged in /home/B/public_html/administration/custom_pages.php(73) : eval()'d code on line 14

does anyone know of a tutorial that shows you how to add a form and a database on php fusion
Edited by banjax on 20-12-2008 16:08,
0 replies

3 posts

B
banjax
B
banjax 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

ok what i want to do is somthing like this basically http://themes.php-fusion.co.uk/infusions/theme_database/index.php

but instad of database people can submit there ad's and they will e sent to the ad database which is like the theme database anyone know how?
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

I am sorry Banjax, what you want to do requires reading, learning and testing. You need a database field, you need to code that calls it and you need a decent formatting for all that. I find it hard to ask of anyone to help you with your exact problem, general hints and tips is one thing, but making a custom modification of PHPFusion, even a little one, requires some insight. Furthermore, all modding issues are to be handled by the Mods site linked in our menu. Please take it there. It is likely, maybe even probable, that someone already solved your issue, doing something for him/her self.

Locked.
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

Before trying out the deveopment related articles, keep in mind that the core uses a set of constants that help you reach certain files easier and safer.

For example, the corect path to PHPFusion's config.php file is:
BASEDIR."config.php"

The BASEDIR constant must be used any time you need to access or link to a file in your website's structure because that automatically adjusts itself depending on the folder your file is.

But the second thing you need to know is that you don't have to include config.php in your custom scripts because maincore.php already does that. So if you're trying to use PHPFusion's MySQL tables simply write your queries in your custom pages or panels and that's it! :)

Now please follow Homdax's advices and ask for help on the Mods site. Good luck!
Edited by kneekoo on 22-12-2008 19:01,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 3 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

H
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
K
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
B
B
banjax 10
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet