Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Search side panel for PHP fusion V7 ?

Asked Modified Viewed 9,020 times
I
iloveu00
I
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 7 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hey Pros,

I have found everywhere but still cannot find the search side panel for Php fusion V7. Do you guys know where it is or if you can send me the code i must really appreciate.
The second problem is that is there any code for the search panel for V7 that only search for news. My website use only news, no article, no photo, no forum.. so i would like to remove all options in the search.php other than News. I looked at the code and was headache. Please help me out, pros.
0 replies

10 posts

R
rafnal
R
rafnal 10
How to talk without google - there does not start... sad
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 6 posts on the community forums.
answered

Hi iloveu00,

Try this:

Use this code and add this to a new panel:
openside("Search...");
  echo "<form name='searchform' method='get' action='".BASEDIR."search.php'>
   <input type='textbox' value='' name='stext' class='searchbox' width='90px'></td><td class='panelsearch'>
   <input type='image' name='search' src='".THEME."images/go.png'> </td></tr>
   </form>";
closeside();

Next step is to add a simple class in the style of your skin on the site to customizing search box like this:
.panelsearch {
   text-align: left;
   width: 20px;
   background: url('images/search.png') right center no-repeat;
}

At the end of your search settings in the admin panel as the default search locations, set the search news.

Done.

Regards
rafnal
Edited by rafnal on 31-12-2008 12:34,
0 replies
B
bikerbones
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

www.bikers-n-outlaws.com/sig.gif

In case your curiosity gets the best of you, DO NOT come to my site and apply for membership if you are NOT a biker. You will most likely NOT be very welcome and your account will more than likely be deleted. No apologies, that is just the way things are these days.
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 55 posts on the community forums.
answered

That panel rafnal gave you will automatically search the forums.

Or you could try my search panel.

This panel will search the forums by default or you can select to search the entire site.

Comes with a form reset button.

SEARCH PANEL.rar

Demo here in the lower left panel.
Edited by bikerbones on 31-12-2008 15:03,
0 replies
B
bikerbones
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

In case your curiosity gets the best of you, DO NOT come to my site and apply for membership if you are NOT a biker. You will most likely NOT be very welcome and your account will more than likely be deleted. No apologies, that is just the way things are these days.
  • Member, joined since
answered

Sorry, just re-read your post.

You want a search panel that only searches the news.

Try this in a new panel. Here ya go.

openside("Search News");
echo "<form id='searchform' name='searchform' method='get' action='".BASEDIR."search.php'>\n";
echo "<input type='text' name='stext' value='".urldecode($_GET['stext'])."' class='textbox' style='width:150px' />\n";
echo "<label><input type='hidden' name='stype' value='news'".($_GET['stype'] == "news" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /></label><br>\n";
echo "<input type='submit' name='search' value='Search' class='button' /> &nbsp;<input type='reset' name='reset' value='Reset' class='button' />\n</form>\n";
closeside();
?>

Demo here in the lower left panel.
Edited by bikerbones on 31-12-2008 15:40,
0 replies
B
bikerbones
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

• Member, joined since
answered

Oh, and here is a panel that searches the forums by default.

With options to search other areas as well.

openside("Search Forums");
echo "<form id='searchform' name='searchform' method='get' action='".BASEDIR."search.php'>\n";
echo "<input type='text' name='stext' value='".urldecode($_GET['stext'])."' class='textbox' style='width:150px' />\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='news'".($_GET['stype'] == "news" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />News</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='articles'".($_GET['stype'] == "articles" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Articles</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='custompages'".($_GET['stype'] == "custompages" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Custom Pages</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='downloads'".($_GET['stype'] == "downloads" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Downloads</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='faqs'".($_GET['stype'] == "faqs" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />FAQs</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='members'".($_GET['stype'] == "members" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Members</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='photos'".($_GET['stype'] == "photos" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Photos</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='weblinks'".($_GET['stype'] == "weblinks" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Web Links</label>\n";

echo "<br><label><input type='radio' name='stype' value='all'".($_GET['stype'] == "all" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" />Entire Site</label>\n";

echo "<input type='submit' name='search' value='Search' class='button' /> &nbsp;<input type='reset' name='reset' value='Reset' class='button' />\n</form>\n";
closeside();
?>
0 replies
I
iloveu00
I
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Thank you, i tried the code on new panel and got this error:

Notice: Undefined index: stext in /home/content/m/u/l/mulinks/html/administration/panel_editor.php(128) : eval()'d code on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: stype in /home/content/m/u/l/mulinks/html/administration/panel_editor.php(128) : eval()'d code on line 4

The code i tried is as followed:

openside("Search News");
echo "<label><input type='hidden' name='stype' value='news'".($_GET['stype'] == "news" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /></label><br>\n";
closeside();
?>

can you fixed it for me ?
Edited by iloveu00 on 01-01-2009 12:11,
0 replies
J
Jeepers1993
J
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 45 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

Try this:
openside("Search News");
if(isset($_GET['stext']) { $stext = $_GET['stext']; } else { $stext = "";}
if(isset($_GET['stype']) { $stext = $_GET['stype']; } else { $stype = "";}
echo "<input type='text' name='stext' value='".urldecode($stext)."' class='textbox' style='width:150px' />\n";
echo "<label><input type='hidden' name='stype' value='news'".($stype == "news" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /></label><br>\n";
closeside();
?>
0 replies
B
bikerbones
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

• Member, joined since
answered

iloveu00 wrote:
Thank you, i tried the code on new panel and got this error:

Notice: Undefined index: stext in /home/content/m/u/l/mulinks/html/administration/panel_editor.php(128) : eval()'d code on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: stype in /home/content/m/u/l/mulinks/html/administration/panel_editor.php(128) : eval()'d code on line 4

The code i tried is as followed:

can you fixed it for me ?

Sorry, I cannot reproduce that error. All the panels I gave you work fine on my site and other sites.

Don't know what could be the problem.
Edited by bikerbones on 01-01-2009 16:23,
0 replies
B
bikerbones
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

• Member, joined since
answered

Jeepers1993 wrote:
Try this:
openside("Search News");
if(isset($_GET['stext']) { $stext = $_GET['stext']; } else { $stext = "";}
if(isset($_GET['stype']) { $stext = $_GET['stype']; } else { $stype = "";}
echo "<input type='text' name='stext' value='".urldecode($stext)."' class='textbox' style='width:150px' />\n";
echo "<label><input type='hidden' name='stype' value='news'".($stype == "news" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /></label><br>\n";
closeside();
?>

I tried this code and my panel disappeared.
Edited by bikerbones on 01-01-2009 16:23,
0 replies
R
rafnal
R
rafnal 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

bikerbones wrote:
That panel rafnal gave you will automatically search the forums.

Or you could try my search panel.

This panel will search the forums by default or you can select to search the entire site.

As I wrote in my first answer, on my site is working well:

At the end of your search settings in the admin panel as the default search locations, set the search news.

Regards
0 replies
V
vcristian
V
  • Contributed 28 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered

Replace all text in a new panell
if (!isset($_GET['stext'])) { $_GET['stext'] = ""; }

if (!isset($_GET['stype'])) { $_GET['stype'] = ""; }

echo "<center><form id='searchform' name='searchform' method='get' action='".BASEDIR."search.php'>\n";

echo "<input type='hidden' name='stype' value='downloads'".($_GET['stype'] == "downloads" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /><br />\n";

echo "<input type='submit' name='search' value='Search' class='button' /> &nbsp;<input type='reset' name='reset' value='Reset' class='button' />\n</form>\n</center>";

if (!isset($_GET['stext'])) { $_GET['stext'] = ""; }

if (!isset($_GET['stype'])) { $_GET['stype'] = ""; }

openside("Search");

echo "<center><form id='searchform' name='searchform' method='get' action='".BASEDIR."search.php'>\n";

echo "<input type='hidden' name='stype' value='downloads'".($_GET['stype'] == "downloads" ? " checked='checked'" : "")." onclick=\"display(this.value)\" /><br />\n";

echo "<input type='submit' name='search' value='Search' class='button' /> &nbsp;<input type='reset' name='reset' value='Reset' class='button' />\n</form>\n</center>";
closeside();
Edited by vcristian on 14-01-2009 05:09,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 10 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

5 participants

I
I
  • Newbie, joined since
V
V
  • Contributed 28 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
J
J
  • Contributed 45 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
B
B
bikerbones 10
range'>Respects,
<-[BONES]->

• Member, joined since
R
R
rafnal 10
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet