Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Best way to copy info into blank database

Asked Modified Viewed 2,717 times
P
PAULINUK
P
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 23 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello

Following on from previous thread where thanks to the help I received, I got the site up, I now have a new task

I need to do is to get all the data out of the database and into an empty database. Is there a recommended way to do this?

I need to do this because I want to remove the "God account" which I cant change through the interface

The new database was going to be a fusion 7 one, but am thinking now it may be safer to recreate with a fusion 6 database, as I am not sure what differences there are between the 2 structure wise

Cheers

Paul
0 replies

5 posts

H
hame
H
hame 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 423 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 44 threads in the forums
answered

Ver 7 is got alot of nice features (Refer to this:http://php-fusion.co.uk/infusions/fea.../index.php << Thats a page of Comaprison!! you can however make a ver6 Backup, install ver7 by following the upgrade instructions and reload your old database, by simply editing the Backup to suite the needs of the new DB. The Readme instructions in the ver7 PHPFusion Download, are very clear and step by step. Once you setup this new ver7 website, it wont be hard to load this Backup into the newly installed Fusion. - Good Luck
0 replies
P
PAULINUK
P
answered

Wont loading the backup keep the god account? Thats what I want to get rid of, I want my god account to be used, not the one thats in the current site's database
0 replies
H
hame
H
hame 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 423 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 44 threads in the forums
answered

Yes it will, but there is a tutorial on how to change the master admin account...

Sorry for the lil wait, i seem to have lost the link :) i will look it up again and send it to you, i never tried it but it seems to work for some other users. (the master admin account change)
0 replies
P
PAULINUK
P
answered

ok I need to be able to get rid of the user and the password
0 replies
P
PAULINUK
P
answered

ok I now have a new installation of fusion 7 with a blank database ready and waiting for either copying data or restoring
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet