Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Upgrade files missing

Asked Modified Viewed 3,845 times
V
vision4life
V
Kind Regards, Fred
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 53 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello

I need to upgrade a 6.01.13 to 6.01.18 but when trying to download the upgrade files from version 13 to 14 and 14 to 15 I get message that the files are missing on the site. How can I obtain them. Is there somebody able to send me the zip files?
0 replies

12 posts

H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Strange, will notify mt.

14 and 15...

http://php-fusion.hobbysites.net/temp.../14_15.zip
0 replies
V
vision4life
V
Kind Regards, Fred
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thanks for your so fast response. I will now proceed upgrading.
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
answered

Hi vision4life!

I will recommend you to update to V7. You can do that directly from the v. 6.01.13, that you got on your site.

Is there any special reson why you want to continue using V6 for your site? Because the V7 has got all the new and improved functions in it, which makes it much easier to update and maintain your site daily!
0 replies
V
vision4life
V
Kind Regards, Fred
  • Member, joined since
answered

Yes, I was thinking of that. But I have tweaked a theme and customized it incl. some infusions. And since it is a commercial site I do not want to take risks. Just take a look:

www.keyboard-centrum.nl

I could try out the upgrade with my personal website, but that is also with the same theme and infusions, but customized otherwise:

www.vision-4-life.nl/php_UK

0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Well you could try to update your personal site first, by making an exact copy of it in a sub domain, or in a sub folder, for example, and see how that turns out. That way, it won't affect your original site, and you can still see the result of the update, if everything works like it should!
The problem is, if you still want to use the original theme on the updated version, that the V6 themes don't work on a V7 installation, but I can help you with that part, if your interested (no charge, off course). And you must also find some similar infusion that works with V7. Some of the most popular V6 infusions and mods are allready updated to work with V7. Look at the mods site to see what I'm talking about!
And allways remember to make a back-up copy of your database and you files and folders before you start to update your site!
0 replies
V
vision4life
V
Kind Regards, Fred
  • Member, joined since
answered

Hi Harly,

Your message is like (sheet) music :) I need an upgrade manual and already made a database backup. I can make a local backup using ftp and then try on. I really, really appreciate your offer to help. If I am that far and ran into problems (hopefully not) can we maybe skype together?
There is one more website I created with php-fusion which has a simpler theme: www.ebg-hetbaken.nl which I could upgrade as second website (or first)

I am also looking at the Typo3 system to possibly changeover. I know big companies using Typo3 CMS for their websites. But I only played with a local installation of Typo3 and it looks challenging. However the existing websites remain php-fusion at least for the short term.

0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

vision4life wrote:
If I am that far and ran into problems (hopefully not) can we maybe skype together?

I don't use Skype anymore, but I use Windows Live messenger! I can see that you've send me a PM with your skype-name, maybe we can exchange MSN-names insted via PM's, if it comes to that?

vision4life wrote:
I am also looking at the Typo3 system to possibly changeover. I know big companies using Typo3 CMS for their websites. But I only played with a local installation of Typo3 and it looks challenging. However the existing websites remain php-fusion at least for the short term.

As I understand it, the Typo3 CMS is not for newbies, and it takes some time to get to know the system well! And I'm not sure if that CMS can do much more than you can allready do with PHPFusion (I doubt it), but that's up to you off course.

Remember to try out the update on the same server that your site is located on, because the configuration of the databases is slightly different on the different webhotels. Which webhotel are you using for your personal site?
Edited by Harly on 20-10-2009 15:08,
0 replies
V
vision4life
V
Kind Regards, Fred
  • Member, joined since
answered

Hi Harly,

I will PM you some info and then you can tell what hosting/webhotel you use? Tonight I am not in, but tomorrow I am and I can install MSN, which I don't yet use.

You can send me you MSN name via PM :)
Edited by vision4life on 20-10-2009 18:35,
0 replies
S
starwolf
S
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
answered

Pardon me gentleman, but I have a similar need as the OP. Our site needs to upgrade from 6.01.3. Now I have all the files needed except 1 thats the upgrade from 6.01.12 to 6.01.13 since that one is also missing from the sourceforge site.

And just to make sure I have this correct the files in sequence would be 6.01.4 multi >6.01.6up>6.01.8up>6.01.9up>6.01.10up>6.01.11up>6.01.12up>6.01.13up(missing)>6.01.14up(now found)>6.01.15up>6.01.16up>6.01.17up>6.01.18up and Then we could go straight to 7.00.5upgrade?

Thanks in Advance

Tom
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Hi starwolf!

You don't need to upgrade your site to more than v. 6.01.12, 'cause from there you can update you site directly to 7.00.05! Read the readme in the v. 7.00.05 download, and follow the instructions.
Remember to make a back-up copy of the database and your files and folders before you start updating, that is before each upgrade step, so that you can allways recreate your site, if something unexpected should happen!
Edited by Harly on 21-10-2009 09:30,
0 replies
S
starwolf
S
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
answered

Harly wrote:
Hi starwolf!

You don't need to upgrade your site to more than v. 6.01.12, 'cause from there you can update you site directly to 7.00.05! Read the readme in the v. 7.00.05 download, and follow the instructions.
Remember to make a back-up copy of the database and your files and folders before you start updating, so that you can allways recreate your site, if something unexpected should happen!

Thanks for that confirmation. All the other documentation seemed to indicate that you need to be at 6.01.18 to make the upgrade to 7xxx. Maybe that has changed just recently?
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

It has not changed! But the general opnion in the communities was, for some time before getting it right, that you had to upgrade to v. 6.01.18 before upgrading to V7! You see, I informed the admins on this site, that the old readme, in the v. 7.00.05 download was confusing, because it looked like you could update directly from v. 6.01.00 to V7, which is not the case. So they informed me that it was a mistake, and that it should say 6.01.12 insted, and they immediately corrected the mistake, so now the readme has the correct headline, saying: "UPGRADE FROM V6.01.12+".
Edited by Harly on 21-10-2009 10:15,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 12 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet