Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Function eregi() is deprecated?

Asked Modified Viewed 7,034 times
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 14 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hey, I have been getting this error, which is quite new, and I haven't experienced it before now.
I haven't been getting anything like this before.

I get this error in some Admin pages (can't be removed), and sometimes at the top of a page, like the forums (a quick refresh removes it)

Here is the error:
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 21

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 22

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 23

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 24

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 25

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 26

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/sharp/public_html/administration/settings_links.php on line 27

Since it happens on more than one page, I expect its a problem with Maincore.php?
I might have done a few edits with that file, but my memory is poor.

If this is vague, please ask for more information.

I am inexperienced with PHP, which is why I came here, as I know there are a few knowledgeable people who can help.
So, if you can help, I will appreciate it a lot.
0 replies

12 posts

H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

A quick search would have shown maaaany posts covering this. Upgrade to the latest version and this will go away.
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

I have the latest version.

Also, I searched and found no topics which give the same error.
Edited by Sharpy on 29-05-2010 20:53,
0 replies
A
afaaro
A
afaaro 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 295 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 68 threads in the forums
answered

Are you using local webserver like xampp or wamp. Appserv works fine
Edited by afaaro on 29-05-2010 21:20,
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

No, I am using an online host.
0 replies
B
Basti
B
Basti 10
[PHP-Fusion Crew Member & Admin from June 2008 - December 2010]

http://basti2web.de - Support Site for my infusions
  • Contributed 1,099 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Go to:
http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/downloads...?cat_id=19
and download the
"PHPFusion Core 7 Edition 7.00.06-7.00.07 Combo Update"
and upload the files.

And next time when you update your site, you must update it step by step.
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

Next time?

I have never updated my site ever. It is the same version that I installed a few weeks back.

//EDIT

I uploaded the update file anyway, and the problem is still there.

I hope someone can help me here, because the comments are unusable due to the error appearing all over the comment table, thing.

Please help :(
Edited by Sharpy on 01-06-2010 02:58,
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

What PHPFusion version do you have? You can see it in the Admin Panel, next to your site's name.
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

v7.00.07

I have to be careful if I have to upload a lot of files, since it might screw up some of my other mods and infusions.

The combo update, I backed up first, then uploaded all of the contents, and it didn't work.

I can Copy/Paste the contents of my maincore if it is necessary?

[size=12]EDIT[/size]

I have looked into this more, now that I have some free time.

It seems to be because I have used a PHP code or whatever which doesn't work with the latest version of Php.

Here is the code that gives the error from the Comments include.

echo "<div style='float:right' class='comment_actions'><!--comment_actions-->\n<a href='".ereg_replace(".htm", "", $clink)."_edit_".$data['comment_id'].".htm#edit_comment'>".$locale['c108']."</a> |\n";
echo "<a href='".ereg_replace(".htm", "", $clink)."_delete_".$data['comment_id'].".htm'>".$locale['c109']."</a>\n</div>\n";
Edited by Sharpy on 02-06-2010 03:48,
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

So, I guess no support here then.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Is your server running php5?
0 replies
A
Arda
A
Arda 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 150 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
answered

in PF 7.00.07, there shouldn't be eregi() in the lines which you gave me. Instead, there should be preg_match()
This is the cause of ereg(i)() + PHP 5.3 usually.

Please change your administration/settings_links.php with the following code and let us know how it went:
<?php
/*-------------------------------------------------------+
| PHPFusion Content Management System
| Copyright (C) 2002 - 2008 Nick Jones
| http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/
+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Filename: settings_links.php
| Author: Nick Jones (Digitanium)
+--------------------------------------------------------+
| This program is released as free software under the
| Affero GPL license. You can redistribute it and/or
| modify it under the terms of this license which you
| can read by viewing the included agpl.txt or online
| at www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html. Removal of this
| copyright header is strictly prohibited without
| written permission from the original author(s).
+--------------------------------------------------------*/
if (!defined("IN_FUSION")) { die("Access Denied"); }

echo "<table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='1' class='tbl-border center'>\n<tr>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_main.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_main.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['401']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_time.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_time.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['450']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_forum.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_forum.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['500']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_registration.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_registration.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['550']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_photo.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_photo.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['600']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_misc.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_misc.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['650']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='".(preg_match("/settings_messages.php/i", FUSION_SELF) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2")."' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='settings_messages.php".$aidlink."'>".$locale['700']."</a></span></td>\n";
echo "</tr>\n";
if (isset($_GET['error']) && isNum($_GET['error'])) {
   echo "<tr><td class='tbl1' colspan='7'><div class='admin-message'>".(!$_GET['error'] ? $locale['900'] : $locale['901'])."</div></td></tr>\n";
}
echo "</table>\n<br />\n";
?>
Edited by Arda on 04-06-2010 17:26,
0 replies
S
Sharpy
S
Sharpy 10
answered

I am using PHP5.

I copy/pasted that code in the correct place. I havn't seen that specific error again yet, but I am still having a few others similar.

In fusionboard, I get an error that points to this code. How do I make it PHP5 friendly?
echo "<script src='" . INFUSIONS . "fusionboard4/includes/js/fb4.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<br /><table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='1' class='tbl-border center'>\n<tr>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "titles", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=titles'>" . $locale ['fb200'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "labels", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=labels'>" . $locale ['fb821'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "ratings", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=ratings'>" . $locale ['fb850'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "awards", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=awards'>" . $locale ['fb201'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "images", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=images'>" . $locale ['fb204'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "forums", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=forums'>" . $locale ['fb206'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "warnings", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=warnings'>" . $locale ['fbw103'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "<td class='" . (eregi ( "settings", $_GET ['section'] ) ? "tbl1" : "tbl2") . "' style='padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;'><span class='small'><a href='" . FUSION_SELF . $aidlink . "&amp;section=settings'>" . $locale ['fb203'] . "</a></span></td>\n";
echo "</tr>\n</table>\n<br />\n";

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
Edited by Sharpy on 04-06-2010 22:24,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 12 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 7 members

7 participants

C
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
K
K
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
A
A
afaaro 10
  • Contributed 295 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 68 threads in the forums
A
A
Arda 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 150 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
H
H
Just some Guy
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
B
B
Basti 10
[PHP-Fusion Crew Member & Admin from June 2008 - December 2010]

http://basti2web.de - Support Site for my infusions
  • Contributed 1,099 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
S
S
Sharpy 10

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet