Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Changing the ftp files

Asked Modified Viewed 2,502 times
T
timewarp
T
timewarp 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 35 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
asked

1. Take backup of the database + files on FTP-server. (just in case something should go wrong)

2. Log on to the site and uninstall all Infusions (except the image-gallery if it's an infusion).

3. Re-upload all files from the download-package from the same PHPFusion version you are using. Except /config.php & /setup.php

4. Etc. you can look at your database via phpMyAdmin - and check if some tables have overflow/needed to be optimized.
0 replies

11 posts

S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
answered

No, it is not an infusion, I have many images uploaded in my gallery and I don't want to loose it that's the problem.

Another problem is that I don't have acces via phpMyAdmin right now thats why I asked if the database has anything to do with it.

Btw, if I change all the files except config and setup my panels will erase right?
0 replies
T
timewarp
T
timewarp 10
answered

You don't need phpMyAdmin just to make a database-backup. That you can do from the admin-part of your site.
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Yes, I did that already, its just that I don't know that changing the ftp files will affect my databse.

And about the images... what should I do to keep them?
0 replies
T
timewarp
T
timewarp 10
answered

If you replace the FTP-files it wont affect your database/what's stored in the database.

Regarding your images: Pls. post a link to that "image-gallery" - so I can see for myself which files we are talking about here.

BTW: If it's just the original included photo gallery that comes with PHPFusion - then you can upload new files without any problems.
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Only the images located on images/photoalbum I have around 20 albums, so its ok if I only copy the albums or I have to reupload all the pics manually from the site?

Also, I don't want to loose my avatars, articles, my custom pages etc and the news on the first page... what should I do?
Edited by sylar on 19-06-2010 22:40,
0 replies
T
timewarp
T
timewarp 10
answered

Well, if you use the in-built photo-gallery - then you won't loose any images.

Articles, news, custom pages and so on you neither won't loose. All these data are stored in the database - not in the .php-files.
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I deleted all the files and installed again everything, i've put the info in setup php dbusername etc but and asked me to do a new user, the problem is that the site is without posts and articles... how can i connect them to the db?
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

My god.. i tried to reinstall the old files and now i don't have any posts, comments, articles.. nothing...
0 replies
T
timewarp
T
timewarp 10
answered

Like I wrote earliere:

timewarp wrote:
1. Take backup of the database + files on FTP-server. (just in case something should go wrong)

2. Log on to the site and uninstall all Infusions (except the image-gallery if it's an infusion).

3. Re-upload all files from the download-package from the same PHPFusion version you are using. Except /config.php & /setup.php

4. Etc. you can look at your database via phpMyAdmin - and check if some tables have overflow/needed to be optimized.

That means if you don't have a database-backup all your posts etc. are gone!

I wish you would have read what I wrote. Now I can't help you out m8.
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I reuploaded the old database and changed the ftp files but not i have erros about the infusions... especially with fusionboard, i defused it and i deleted all the tables from database and now when i'm trying to reinstall fb i have some errors... i wanted only to clean everything to have a fresh files in ftp
0 replies
S
sylar
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I uploaded new ftp files and the database but now i have some errors..

When i tried to install fusionboard
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' at line 1You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' at line 1You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' at line 1You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' at line 1Duplicate column name 'post_icon'Query was emptyYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1' at line 1

Error: Installation failed; please contact php-Invent team.
If you are just upgrading to alpha 2, you can ignore this message and:

Click Here to go configure fusionBoard 4.

BBcodes in admin panel

Notice: Undefined index: uf_aim in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_aim_include_var.php  on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: uf_aim_desc in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_aim_include_var.php on line 21

Notice: Undefined index: uf_icq in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_icq_include_var.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: uf_icq_desc in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_icq_include_var.php on line 21

Notice: Undefined index: uf_msn in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_msn_include_var.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: uf_msn_desc in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/user_fields/user_msn_include_var.php on line 21

These errors in admin panel - news, articles, custom pages

Warning: include(../locale/English/admin/html_buttons.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/html_buttons_include.php  on line 20

Warning: include(../locale/English/admin/html_buttons.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/html_buttons_include.php on line 20

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../locale/English/admin/html_buttons.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bookmark/public_html/game/includes/html_buttons_include.php on line 20

can i get some help?
0 replies

Category Forum

Installation Issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 11 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

T
T
timewarp 10
S
S
sylar 10
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet