Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Importing MYSQL Error

Asked Modified Viewed 2,953 times
Y
yourtility
Y
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi Guys
They turned me off Last night and did there upgrade.

I upgraded to the current version of Fusion and backed up my mysql database.

Now when i go to phpmyadmin and try and import "site.mysql.tgz" it wont import for some reason.

Any suggestions as to why?
0 replies

9 posts

H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
answered

Now when i go to phpmyadmin and try and import "site.mysql.tgz" it wont import for some reason.

If your site was successfully upgraded, why did you need to import the sql. back-up? I don't get it!

And the compressed file is not called "site.mysql.tgz" (if you've backed up directly from your site), but is named like this example: backup_2010-07-03-0936.sql.gz, so I don't know, where you've got that example from!
Edited by Harly on 03-07-2010 09:55,
0 replies
M
MvE Designs
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 49 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

@yourtility Why double post same question?
http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=26278
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

@MvE Designs - I think he just remebered the rule about one thread for each question, and correctly decided to start a new thread! I know this guy - he's okay, in my book!

@yourtility - Please remove the last post from the other thread! Edit, and mark: "Delete this Post", and click on "Save Changes". Okay?
Edited by Harly on 03-07-2010 10:00,
0 replies
Y
yourtility
Y
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

The server I was on was formated and upgraded.
I did the backup from phpmyadmin and now i cant import the database.
phpmyadmin saved the file as "site.mysql.tgz" and I cant import this.

Any help would be great, thanks
Edited by yourtility on 03-07-2010 11:37,
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Okay - When your webhotel is making such an upgrade, it's their job to recreate your site on the server as it was before the upgrade, not yours! So you should'nt have done anything else, but wait for the upgrade to finish, and then your site should work as usual, just a little bit better than before, because of the upgrade.

I think that the reason why you can't import the "site.mysql.tgz" file is, that the command: "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS" is a part of the .sql-file's content, for each table it's trying to write to the database. And because the tables already exists, you'll need to delete all the tables for the site in question before importing the DB-copy, and only those tables (mark them, one by one, and enter the dropdown-menu, below all the tables, and click on the "Drop" option) - I mean: If you've got more than one site's tables, in the same database, don't delete those other tables, but only the ones carying the prefix for the site in question (which you'll find in the config.php, in the root of the site in question).
When you've deleted the tables successfully, then import the "site.mysql.tgz" again, and this time it should work, so that your site will be restored back to normal.
If that don't work, try to unpack the compressed "site.mysql.tgz" file, to a point, where you can't unpack it any more, and import that file!
Edited by Harly on 03-07-2010 19:22,
0 replies
Y
yourtility
Y
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Harly - Thanks for your help so far.
The database on the server does not exist at all. In phpmyadmin I see a blank database.

I have unpacked the database on my PC and its now site.mysql.tar. I have tried everything and still can get phpmyadmin to import the file.
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I think the upgrade&restore procedure on your hosting service is not yet completed. You should either wait another day or so, or just contact them. Being unable to restore a backup from phpMyAdmin could mean a few things: they didn't give you the rights to do so because they want to make sure they will restore exactly what you had before, without your intervention, OR there's an incompatibility between the two phpMyAdmin versions - the old and the new one. There could also be an issue with your database export, but that's less likely. Read the news of that hosting company and maybe you will find out when they'll finish the job.
0 replies
Y
yourtility
Y
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Thanks Man

This has turned into a nightmare and i think its more complicated than i can be bothered dealing with. Might just put the site to rest!
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Don't give up so easy, my friend. We'll find a solution to the problem! Your webhost also should have a back-up copy of your site, so that they can restore it, in case of a breakdown of some kind. So no need to worry - your site will soon be up and running as usual!
Edited by Harly on 05-07-2010 08:13,
0 replies

Category Forum

Installation Issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 9 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

K
K
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
H
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
M
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 49 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
Y
Y
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet