Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Admin login password problem *SOLVED*

Asked Modified Viewed 8,117 times
A
adkaush
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Good day,

First of all, I have read about 50 different threads and have tried almost everything from reseting the login and admin passwords from PHPMyAdmin, tried that little script to reset admin password. Tried finding the admin reset infusion which is no longer available for download. Tried resetting the login password from the site's Forgot Password section. I mean, I have tried everything but the thing won't just allow me to login to the site. I don't understand why it wouldn't.

Have already tried lots of things since last 5 hours and been troubleshooting over and again but for the life of me, it just won't allow me to login. I have some content published on the website and don't wish to lose it. So, what are my options folks?

What am I not doing correct to get this thing working? Please suggest what should I do? I'd just like to troubleshoot again right from the beginning and go on from there.

Let's say, we begin with PHPMyAdmin .. I click on the users table, click the Edit for user ID 1 (the super admin), remove salts, remove both login and admin password and then create a new password in the 'login password' field, select MD5 from the drop down. Then punch a different password for the 'Admin password' and again choose the MD5 next to it from drop down and then just Save.

Go back to the edit again and choose again MD5 for the 'Admin Password' and click save. Should I double MD5 the 'login password' too? I have tried that too though, didn't help.

The salts do not get generated though. I think it takes time for the system to generate salt for both login password and admin password.

Ughh .. I'm just so lost. Don't understand why is it so complicated. This thing really needs to be looked up. Please help guys, thanks in advance!

Merged on Jul 05 2014 at 13:13:29:
Anyone know what to do guys? I really need some help here. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction, just give it a try even if you know little lol.

I mean, somewhere I must be doing something wrong to be a part of the problem. Your suggestion can really help me understand the situation.. Please help.

Thanks!
Edited by adkaush on 06-07-2014 04:24,
0 replies

4 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Please follow instructions in my post on this thread, http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=32578&highlight=reset+admin+password&pid=183950#post_178544

We have addressed the Admin password issues in PHPFusion 8, much less hassle with Admin passwords and reset functions.
0 replies
A
adkaush
A
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Good day Domi,

Thank you for the reply. I have already tried what's mentioned on that page. That script didn't work either. There was a similar script but a bit longer. It worked the last time I had this problem (about 2 weeks ago). Have you seen a similar script to that? That script allowed resetting not only the admin password but also the login password. But now I simply can't find that script.

I have already tried the PHPAdmin method several times with no luck. I hope you can help me find that particular script that had MD5 in it.

Thanks! Appreciate your help a lot!

Merged on Jul 05 2014 at 13:37:21:
Found it, finally!

This is the only thing that helped me last time, the script here: http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=22377

Let me try reseting passwords with this, will report back in a minute or two :)

Thanks.

Merged on Jul 05 2014 at 13:45:44:
Okay .. not helping yet again :(

This time even that script is not helpful. I mean, I upload that script in a PHP file after putting a new password and new admin password and when the script is executed from my website, it shows both the passwords have changed but when I try to login, it just won't allow me to login.

I have actually copied my articles.php to index.php so that when anyone opens the site, it points to index.php and not redirect to news.php or articles.php

Then I also redirected index.php to the main www domain so that there is no duplication of content.

The site was working absolutely fine just a couple of days ago and have no idea what happened, I can't login to my site anymore.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by adkaush on 07-07-2014 19:23,
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

The site was working absolutely fine just a couple of days ago and have no idea what happened, I can't login to my site anymore.

- by adkaush

Just use lostpassword.php to reset your login password.
0 replies
A
adkaush
A
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the help. I tried the lostpassword.php

I get an email with the link. I click the link and it says, "An error occurred, try again".

I click try again, the system sends the password reset email again and then the same problem.

Regards.

Merged on Jul 06 2014 at 03:17:15:
Okay,

Nothing was working for me, so I tried creating a new user and that's what I did.

Created a new regular user.
From PHPMyAdmin, copied all rights from super admin and pasted it into the newly created user's table.
Saved.

My new user is a super admin and I can login to the admin without any problems. However, one question. What should I do with the old super admin? Should just delete that account? Will I lose the articles written through my previous super admin account? How can I transfer the ownership of previous articles, news and posts to the new super admin?

I have checked in PHPMyAdmin but can't find out where can I change the article ownership. Which table has the info about article writer? It is certainly not in the Articles table.

Would appreciate your help! Thanks!

Merged on Jul 06 2014 at 03:23:44:
Oh oh got it! I think it's the article_name field in the Articles table. Duh! What was I thinking.

All good now. We can mark this thread SOLVED :)

Thanks for the help folks! Keep the good work up!

Regards.
Edited by adkaush on 06-07-2014 04:23,
0 replies

Category Forum

User Administration - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 4 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
C
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
A
A
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet