Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Using Multiple Domains With One Site?

Asked Modified Viewed 2,505 times
S
SkeeredOfMyMind
S
[size=24]HELP WANTED FOR PHP-FUSION PROJECTS[/size]
[size=12]I am seeking Web Developers & Designers, Graphic Developers & Designers, Web, Mobile App & Computer Program Coders & Programmers & Beta & Alpha Testers for new PHP-Fusion Add-Ons like Themes, Infusions, BB-Codes and ETC, as well as Websites, Mobile App & Computer Programs to help me develop, design, code & program new PHP-Fusion Add-Ons, Websites, Mobile Apps & Computer Programs and I also need some people to test those in the Beta & Alpha stages both. All jobs are paid and are freelance jobs. Please message me here if interested for a list of available positions and projects. [/size]
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 120 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 44 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have more than one domain I want to direct to my main website. I have added the domain name as an add-on domain in my cPanel. The problem I am facing is the fact that I am able to login to the site just fine but I am unable to open any other pages on the site, it simply logs me out instead of taking me to that page. How can I fix this so my site can be accessed using multiple domain names? I read the section for Multisites in the Handbook but for some reason the information I read isn't soaking in. Do I need to create a new PHPFusion site for the second domain and edit the multisite_include.php for each site? I simply want 2 or more domains to point to the same exact site, I don't need two different sites using the same content.
Edited by SkeeredOfMyMind on 05-05-2016 07:37,
0 replies

8 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Could you do with a redirect?
I know the info are here in the forums, many have asked many questions about it during the years. multisite_include is key.
0 replies
D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 667 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 57 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

In my opinion multisite_include is what you NOT want. It is for sharing one or more tables in separate php-fusion ginstallations.

For 2 domains to 1 site you need to setup the dns for the domain. Pointing to the same host/IP. Probably need some .htaccess settings for rewrite.
Edited by douwe_yntema on 05-05-2016 15:18,
0 replies
S
SkeeredOfMyMind
S
[size=12]I am seeking Web Developers & Designers, Graphic Developers & Designers, Web, Mobile App & Computer Program Coders & Programmers & Beta & Alpha Testers for new PHP-Fusion Add-Ons like Themes, Infusions, BB-Codes and ETC, as well as Websites, Mobile App & Computer Programs to help me develop, design, code & program new PHP-Fusion Add-Ons, Websites, Mobile Apps & Computer Programs and I also need some people to test those in the Beta & Alpha stages both. All jobs are paid and are freelance jobs. Please message me here if interested for a list of available positions and projects. [/size]
  • Member, joined since
answered

Just as a little note, both domain names point to the same nameservers ans both URL's open the same exact site. Now, I can login and have no issues on the .tk site and can login to .com site but it kicks me right back out.
Edited by N/A on 13-05-2016 08:27,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

If your site settings are shared it is due to this, your cookies are set and read for the site url and site paths.
0 replies
S
SkeeredOfMyMind
S
  • Member, joined since
answered

I did not do anything further than add the new domain in the add-on domains in my cPanel.
Edited by N/A on 13-05-2016 14:21,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Your site settings have domain, url and path. These are used by auth cookies. If you access same site from a new domain name it will not work.
See : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=37511
0 replies
D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I made it working by changing teh following:

in yoursite.com\includes\classes\Authenticate.class.php change line 20 from:

$fusion_domain = (strstr($settings['site_host'], "www.") ? substr($settings['site_host'], 3): $settings['site_host']);

to

$fusion_domain = (strstr($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], "www.") ? substr($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], 3): $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']);
0 replies
S
SkeeredOfMyMind
S
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thank you Douwe, you're great. That worked perfectly. :)
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 8 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
D
D
  • Answered 1 question
S
S
  • Member, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet