Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Database Backup

Asked Modified Viewed 2,744 times
A
afoster
A
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 725 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 128 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

At one time there was an infusion that automatically made and saved a backup of the database. The backup could be configured to be sent to an email address. It is no longer working and I am wondering if anyone knows about any other infusion that would do the same thing. I am using 7.02.07.

Never mind...I just saw the option in the admin panel to back up the database. I liked that infusion however because it was automatic using a cron job.
Edited by afoster on 24-05-2016 20:42,
0 replies

9 posts

D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Contributed 667 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 57 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

A
afoster
A
answered

Yes it is, unfortunately it does not work any longer. Don't know what happened...I did not change anything it just stopped working.
0 replies
D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I Tested the infusion on PHPFusion 7.02.7 and for me it works.
Are there any entrys in the error log about it?
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

Nothing in the error log about that infusion. I did notice however that I have many error messages similar to this one.

pd_stats_panel/stats.inc.php

the database backup infusion just stopped working. I was using a cron job and I checked that it is still on the webhost as running. I also just realized that I have the same infusion running on another php-fusion site on the same host (different domain name) that is working just fine. The version of php that is running is 5.5.22 on both sites?
0 replies
C
Catzenjaeger
C
  • Contributed 408 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 137 threads in the forums
answered

everywhere is a working panel for that and it works. look here in download database or php fusion mods uk website.
0 replies
D
dimki
D
dimki 10
  • Contributed 246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 28 threads in the forums
answered

MySQLDumper features

Easy installation, easy handling - you don't have to be an expert to backup your databases. MySQLDumper controls nearly every potential error pit automatically without bothering you with technical details.
Before you start a backup all your parameters are shown again, so you definitely know what you are doing :-)
Faster backups und restore (compared to older versions of MySQLDumper)
Send Emails with or without your dumpfile attached / you can set the maximum size of the attachement. If it grows bigger it won't be attached. If you need the sending of backups via E-Mail you can use Multidump and let MySQLDumper split the data into several files. You can define the split size in the configuration and MySQLDumper will mail you each file seperately.
Send dumpfiles via FTP to up to 3 different server. This is also working using the multipart feature.
MySQLDumper can read Dumpfiles from other scripts via the integrated parser (for example from phpMyAdmin)
Security: MySQLDumper can generate a .htaccess-file to protect itself and all of your backup-files
MySQLDumper can do Multipart-Backups. That means: it can automatically split the dumpfile if it gets bigger than your chosen size. When you want to restore a backup and choose the wrong part - it doesn' matter: MySQLDumper will notice that and will get the correct startfile automatically.
SQL-Browser: You have access to your MySQL-Tables. You can delete tables, edit or insert data. You can run/ save any SQL-Statement.
Database-Overview: look at running processes or even stop them
Very good file-overview: backups of the same database are shown as one entry. Click it to see all of the files.
Automatic file-deletion: set your own rules to delete old backups. Specify the number of backups you want to hold and let MySQLDumper automatically delete the older ones to save server webspace.
Perl Cronscript: all features of the PHP-Script are integrated in a Perlscript (crondump.pl) that can be started via a Cronjob. When you are allowed to run Perl on your space you can automatically let MySQLDumper backup your database at defined times automatically on a regular basis. This way you can't forget to do a backup!
Complete log files: watch the log files and you know what happened.
Since 2003 MySQLDumper continues to be developed.
ect. ect. ect ...

http://www.mysqldumper.net/
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

dimki,

I installed mySQLDumper and it installed perfectly but then I set up directories protection but now I can't get back into it because it says that the username and password is not correct. where is the .htaccess and .htpassword files located?

Never mind, I found them and deleted them.

Merged on Jun 26 2016 at 08:33:40:
Catzenjaeger,

I have looked in both locations that you suggest and did not find an infusion that does what the one I am using does. I believe it was released by another developer and never got placed with this site. If you know where I might find it, I would appreciate it if you could point me to it.
Edited by afoster on 26-06-2016 16:33,
0 replies
D
dimki
D
dimki 10
answered

this panel ? auto_db_backup_panel.rar http://www.hellasplus.com/upload/inde...on%20panel only fo php 5.2 Auto Database Backup every day , in 5.3 think has little problem
mySQLDumper I had many years before in phpbb plus portal and this makes automatic Database Backup and large files soon will try again
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

Found out that the reason the infusion was not working is because the DB got too big to be sent by the webhost that I use. I believe there was a post saying that could be one of the reasons. I had an infusion (Guest Tracker) that had ballooned to 6 GB and once I deleted it, the problem went away.
0 replies

Category Forum

Panels and Infusions

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 9 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

C
C
  • Contributed 408 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 137 threads in the forums
A
A
D
D
dimki 10
D
D
  • Answered 1 question

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet