Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Is PHP Fusion dead?

Asked Modified Viewed 3,153 times
H
Harlekin
H
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 57 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Over few years you told us there will come a new version of PHP Fusion. All was waiting for the V8 , but V8 only came as Alfa Version and than it was empty. Now all Users are waiting over a year of the V9 and there is no date for a final version. It is not good to work with no final version!

Your package of 7.02.07 on this site do not work on a modern webspace with PHP 5.6 or PHP 7, ok on the german nss site is a fix for PHP 7 with SQLi, but a user will not search. A user will have a version that work. At moment no PHP Fusion work and you loose day by day more people to other CMS.

So i come to the question, is PHP Fusiion dead? Sorry for my english, i am german
0 replies

4 posts

C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Now all Users are waiting over a year of the V9 and there is no date for a final version. It is not good to work with no final version!

This is the always up- to- date download link https://github.com/PHPFusion/PHPFusion/archive/9.01.zip you can use for production demo.

At moment no PHP Fusion work and you loose day by day more people to other CMS.

I don't find the need to compete as there is no benefit since I hate to compel anyone doing anything since I believe that people who want something will do all necessary to get it done. Like finding food, for example. We do not oppose to people using other CMS as everyone should try out all options in life to find out what they like.

It's not that we don't care, no it's to contrary. I just want to tell the followers of our project that we always get better at what we do if there is genuine interest. Currently, MT is revising what is needed for the new main community website. It is the main reason why I'm increasing the git repository this week. We got about 75 forks at the moment. People are doing their thing silently for their own purpose. And so do I.

So i come to the question, is PHP Fusion dead? Sorry for my english, i am german

This is the heartbeat of 9.01 PHPFusion : https://github.com/PHPFusion/PHPFusion/graphs/contributors
Progress this week: https://github.com/PHPFusion/PHPFusion/pulse

The software is not dead. And I just woke up. It's 8am now. I'm going for another round on forum until noon.

That's all I can say, and thank you for asking.
0 replies
D
daimonbok1
D
Into The Nebula! Is it Science or Science Fiction?
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 626 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
answered

Your package of 7.02.07 on this site do not work on a modern webspace with PHP 5.6 or PHP 7, ok on the german nss site is a fix for PHP 7 with SQLi, but a user will not search. A user will have a version that work. At moment no PHP Fusion work and you loose day by day more people to other CMS.

So i come to the question, is PHP Fusiion dead? Sorry for my english, i am german
- by Harlekin

I haven't found another cms that works as good as PHPFusion...

Nope, I hope not...I've had some great help from the admins here with problems that I had and everything works great....so I would (Should be wouldn't) say dead, plus most developers who do this work full time jobs and "Volunteer" their time...so that's one thing I do appreciate..
Thanks for all the help admins & coders....
Edited by daimonbok1 on 14-07-2016 21:50,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

No worries, we are going strong. Like Chan said, there are some goals we want to reach before the sharp is getting released. While 9 is starting to be very nice and it is fully usable even before sharp atm. I do understand that the wait have been long but don´t worry. If you follow the dev and look at current version you will see that it is quite nice and is well liked already !
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Please refer and attention to all people who is "waiting".

Let me make a clear explanation about the way we carry development of PHPFusion, and the maintenance of core codes from now onwards, and I hope therefore to clear any kinds of misconceptions or illusions regarding the stability of the versions of PHPFusion CMS moving onwards.

PHPFusion 9.0 was released months before. It was very clear, and is in the news.
This is already a release that we think fit to run on any live server, fit for public use. That is why we moved the archive to SourceForge.
The download link is at : https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-fusion/files/PHPFusion%20Archives/9.x/

Today, in Github is PHPFusion 9.01 as well.

And in layman explanation, I'll try to clarify how technology development work nowadays. We are not in Nokia era anymore.
Since ever Subversions, Github, and Bitbucket came to knowledge, information about Bugs exists openly, so that further work can be done faster and more organised. Due to this, Bug is everywhere.

PHPFusion has 24 issues at this moment. I squashed a lot since beta 1. The issues at Github started around Beta 2/3.

If you want a brand of Stable, it is stable after you read my additional information which I have been reluctant to make available, and since I'm doing so please know that I mean it in a non-demeanor, non-swashbuckling FACT in comparison to other CMS since if users want to compare, this can be seen as my effort in clarifying.

Stable?

Wordpress Issues -- at least 500 issues
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/tickets/no-patch

Stable?

Drupal Issues -
All issues - 14756 open, 76282 total
Bug report - 6728 open, 38493 total
https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal

Stable?

Joomla
211 issues
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues

Stable?

e107
311 issues
https://github.com/e107inc/e107/issues

These are publicly available information. I can add more to the list, but you should just search any open source repository. Github will be a good start. I'm not bound to explain this and I will not make any assumption that what it all means. Right, it is common knowledge.

If only we are Google. I should brand PHPFusion 9.00 as Marshmallows and 9.01 as Lollipop. Like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history.

After a huge hurdle battling bugs and development hours....

The correct question will be always. What's new? Not what's stable. :D

I hope that people may find this useful to solve the general misconceptions that Stable is a freeze point of development, which is the last thing this CMS can afford - we had lost close 10 years of non-development. Therefore, we do not have time to babysit communities unless questions asked. And we always answer almost all questions.

How is this project dead?
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 4 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
C
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
H
H
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 57 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
D
D
Into The Nebula! Is it Science or Science Fiction?
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 626 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet