Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Scrolling-marquee center-panel not working after upgrade to Fusion 9 (user_rights iMEMBER)

Asked Modified Viewed 3,159 times
A
aurnay
A
aurnay 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 20 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi, I have a problem with my scrolling marquee (text-scrolling) center-panel, it's not showing the right scrolling text-message for different user-rights (public and members). And even the panel's name is not showing up.

Here, the panel is showing both messages for public and members when it should be only for members, ie. for non-public users (as I'm looking at it as an Admin here) . The blue texts is for public message, while the green is for members and admins. The panel is showing a scrolling texts for the public (blue texts) but the members' green texts are static, no scrolling...

In member/admin mode ...
i.gyazo.com/d0e6092ab0f27c099cd58a527d9fc934.png

In public mode, its also showing the same message ...
i.gyazo.com/a88365076670eb4813a3d6b6b2254e69.png

The codes I'm using are the same as in the previous version for Fusion 7 which worked fine but not in Fusion 9. In fact for Fusion 7, I had 2 scrolling marquees for admin users where they could see both members and admins messages ... both using these same codes and only changing the (iMEMBER) to (iADMIN). Am I missing some key codes to make this panel work on 9?

i.gyazo.com/60032e5172afbb6e86384fd0a9897248.png

<?php
opentable("SMKTM Updates",false,"off");

if (iMEMBER) {
    echo "

<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='green'><big>

....................................... Welcome members, to SMKTM - a School Community Portal that seeks to maximise user experience in developing and prospering this community. Members of this site are respectfully requested to upload only school-related contents (school news updates, relevant images on school's activities and programs, educational articles and weblinks, and useful learning-teaching resources & development tools) for everyone's benefits. .......................................

</big></font></marquee>

";

}else{

echo "

<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='#0083FF'><big>

............. When registering as a member, please check your email inbox folder (or your spam folder) to reply to the admin email verification process. ............. This site is best viewed with Google Chrome .............

</big></font></marquee>

";

}

closetable();
?>

I've also tried substituting the "if (iMEMBER) { }" commands with "if (iMEMBER && $access == "iMEMBER") { }" and "if (checkgroup($access)) { }", following some suggestions in this forum thread ...
https://www.mail.php-fusion.co.uk/for...d_id=28114
but both didn't work, and the panel display remained the same with no scrolling texts for member's user_rights.

Is there now a totally different way of writing codes for all panels in Fusion 9, rendering those codes which worked fine on Fusion 7 unusable if not rewritten? I've got a lot of version 7 panels which I'd like to use on 9. Would really like to go public with this new version ASAP when all panels can be fully updated/migrated, hope its an easy ride :|

Thank you in advance for the assistance, guys :)
Edited by aurnay on 31-01-2018 06:22,
0 replies

9 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Hi, please see this thread https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=38535
It should solve it.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Hi @aumay

Please note that we've changed the constant values for iMEMBER, iADMIN and iSUPERADMIN because it fixes a structural flaw in checkgroup() function that couldn't be amended by any means. These values collided with group_id. So that group_id of 103 is also considered super administrators in access checks. It's just that nobody has 103th User Group so far.

In order for these panels to work with Version 9, all you going need to do is to add a negative sign in your user_level for each members registered in your website. See how it's done from @Falk's link.

Please go to your PHPMYAdmin and find {db_prefix}_users table and change "user_level" column structure.

Type - TINYINT
Length/Values - 4
Default - "-101"

Then for each entry, your user level is 101 (is a member) now needs to become (-101)
Same for admin 102 to become (-102)
Same for iSUPERADMIN 103 to become (-103)

See if this helps.
0 replies
A
aurnay
A
aurnay 10
answered

TQ for the suggestions.

I have changed the "user_level" column structure as suggested
i.gyazo.com/7bb811c9d4dcd2c187e281f32604d6ca.png

i.gyazo.com/f84a159b3a76144d008abdc4b14cc3ee.png

I've also changed the user_level for each member & admin from 101 to -101 and 103 to -103.
i.gyazo.com/2bac846ecb749e35c37b0676e4b49ce6.png

Still, no change :|
Member:
i.gyazo.com/2783b0cffb4c9912ccf3169ecf356dff.png

SuperAdmin:
i.gyazo.com/20f7866f433b53720ee49fb62e2de818.png

Public:
i.gyazo.com/023932e20a71ddbb0fb5d5acbe77ff16.png

Changed the theme to Fusion 9's Septenary, still no luck.
i.gyazo.com/6e2c830efb46f12619c0068ad8def1ae.png

Could this be a problem on my webhost/database? Or maybe, there's some limitation with what I could do on a freehost? Can anyone suggest a free hosting site you've had a good run with?
0 replies
K
karrak
K
karrak 32
Van mi sosem változik..smile
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 311 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 94 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

adminstrations->settings->Security
Allow PHP Execution == YES

<?php

if (iMEMBER) {
    echo "<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='green'><big>
    ....................................... Welcome members, to SMKTM - a School Community Portal that seeks to maximise user experience in developing and prospering this community. Members of this site are respectfully requested to upload only school-related contents (school news updates, relevant images on school's activities and programs, educational articles and weblinks, and useful learning-teaching resources & development tools) for everyone's benefits. .......................................
    </big></font></marquee>";
} else {

echo "<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='#0083FF'><big>
    ............. When registering as a member, please check your email inbox folder (or your spam folder) to reply to the admin email verification process. ............. This site is best viewed with Google Chrome .............
}

closetable();
0 replies
A
aurnay
A
aurnay 10
answered

adminstrations->settings->Security
Allow PHP Execution == YES
- by karrak

Changed the security setting to allow PHP execution, as suggested ...
i.gyazo.com/60c625a2c6ea42b5bdfd6159cd1eb6d4.png

but the homepage didn't load at all ... now, new error ..
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file in /storage/ssd5/595/4233595/public_html/includes/classes/PHPFusion/Panels.inc(313) : eval()'d code on line 1

i.gyazo.com/89822dcf6f64bfbcb29909095df7d974.png

Line 1 on 'Panels.inc' ...
i.gyazo.com/4315d027afb4ffd4f872eadf316c5276.png

Tried to find out more about the error, and the error log came up empty ...
i.gyazo.com/a7ec6bf5b11c182fc4b3f1c8022e9a03.png
0 replies
K
karrak
K
karrak 32
  • Answered 1 question
answered

delete code first line

if (iMEMBER) {
    echo "<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='green'><big>
} else {

echo "<marquee scrolldelay=10 scrollamount='3' onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><font color='#0083FF'><big>
}

closetable();
0 replies
A
aurnay
A
aurnay 10
answered

Thanx for the suggestion karrak. This still doesn't work, well, its almost working but not quite. The texts are now scrolling but both texts for Members and Public are showing up/scrolling at the same time instead of just the Member's texts, since I'm logged in. And then there are those codes that should not be visible to anyone. Also, the panel is not showing up as a Panel box, like the other panels on the page (I suppose this is because of deleting the '<?php' & '?>' tags at the top&bottom of the codes).

i.gyazo.com/ff171a4b31cba2fa33b31519563c86aa.jpg
0 replies
K
karrak
K
karrak 32
  • Answered 1 question
answered

change opentable(...) => openside(...),
closetable() => closeside()
openside("SMKTM Updates",false,"off");

if (iMEMBER) {
} else {

}

closeside();
0 replies
A
aurnay
A
aurnay 10
answered

Changed opentable() tags to openside() .... same problem ... panel box not showing up, both texts (for members & public) scroll at the same time, and the codes for the container (panel-box) become visible. Added another center-panel and a left side-panel ... same problem. For the lower center-panel just added, the music is playing fine, so the embed codes are okay. For the side-panel, the images are scrolling as supposed to (from bottom to top), so the codes are okay too. There are a few other panels I have not enabled because they have this same problem. Some are not even showing up at all even when they have been enabled.

i.gyazo.com/05b3302043d0fe5e96a378f5ab49ee4d.png

In all these problems, I noticed its the panel-box that's not showing up, and the codes (to make that box visible) are made visible instead of the panel-box itself. Am I missing something here in the codes? Am I using the right syntax (for this Version 9)? Also, the Admin rights have been changed from 103 to -103 (negative) ... the panel doesn't seem to accept that (new code, -103) as a panel only to be accessed with Super-Admin rights, or to differentiate it between 103 and -103 admin rights. I don't know, there's something really big I have missed in these codes. I've changed according to all the recommendations given so far, its just not working. Is anyone facing this problem with these panels?
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 9

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 9 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
C
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
K
K
karrak 32
  • Answered 1 question
A
A
aurnay 10

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet