Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

V9 core files/package

Asked Modified Viewed 1,338 times
S
songiuno
S
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 55 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 13 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have a question that may sound dumb, but please bear with me. Many of you programmers/developers of PHP-F refer to Github. I haven't paid much attention to it, but I'm now trying to corral my thoughts on attempting upgrade from v8.00.21 to the latest v9 (9.03.00?) on one site, and v7.02.07 to v9 on another. Either upgrade or do a clean install. My question is, what are the files in, say, https://github.com/PHPFusion/PHPFusion for, from my standpoint of being a non-programmer and just an end user of PHP-F, as related to a v9 download from this site as a zip package?
0 replies

3 posts

C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Github is a file repository where we put our source code there. All core developers or developers who wishes to contribute to extending or improvise the codes can pull to their HDD and open up editor to make tweaks on the files and push it back in for changes. So the next user will get the change immediately when he pulls it. This makes collaborating simple as everyone uses 1 single copy of source code.

The one in this site is verified working condition (as of the date it was being compiled) to be distributed here or on Sourceforge by the Project Manager himself to the public hence we support based on that code. The one in Github is the real time (keep changing) to this date , containing further changes than the one on this site.

On Github you will find 2 branches of v9 -

Andromeda is the code for 9.03.xx (current public release)
Subsequent changes only allow for bug fixes and code optimisation.

Babylon is 9.10.xx, (next major release candidate) this one will contain all rocket science features improvements but also condsidered buggy. Because I will need real time use of tracking down all potential bugs, this site is using Babylon.
1 reply
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Most developer would take the github one because they can fork and deploy the code into the server using git. It contains more fixes anyway.

For normal user, they would probably take the one on distribution listed on this site.
0 replies
S
songiuno
S
  • Member, joined since
answered

For normal user, they would probably take the one on distribution listed on this site.

I'll do that, thank you.
0 replies

Category Forum

Installation Issues- 9

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 3 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

S
S
  • Member, joined since
C
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet