Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Single Sign On

Asked Modified Viewed 583 times
M
matsta1
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi All, i am currently adding the LuxCal calendar to my website and would like to have it work with a SSO. They do provide the information about how to do this but i am a little inexperienced at this and was wondering if anyone can assist with where i should place the script for a PHP-fusion site?
Below is what they have provided but i dont know which file to add this to????
hoping that someone can help?
Matt

[i]h. Single Sign On (SSO)
When the calendar is embedded in a PHP-based website where users have to log in, users logged in on the parent website can be logged in to the calendar automatically in a secure way, using PHP sessions.

To achieve this the parent website scripts should:

start PHP sessions, if not done already, by adding the following PHP statement to the parent website PHP script:
session_name('PHPSESSID');
session_start();
PHP sessions must be started before anything is sent out to the browser (like header information), so this statement must be added somewhere at the start of the script.
save the user name or the user email address in the session variable 'lcUser' by adding the following statement to the parent website PHP script at any point before the iframe statement with the calendar URL:
$_SESSION['lcUser'] = '<user email>';
or
$_SESSION['lcUser'] = '<user name>';
The part <user email> or <user name> is a string with the user email address or user name which corresponds to the email address or user name required to log the user in to the calendar (specified by the admin when the calendar user account was created).
Because PHP session data are stored on the server, the user name / email address are not visible to the users.
[/i]
Edited by matsta1 on 25-02-2021 04:57,
0 replies
There are no post found.

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 0 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 1 member

1 participant

M
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet