Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Downloads Infusion not always behaving as expected > 9.10.11

Asked Modified Viewed 737 times
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked
Fusioneer

Greets...

Symtoms:
Not really sure why but suddenly me and a co-admin were getting errors while submitting downloads with larger file sizes using the "Submit" functionality (via /submit.php?stype=d ) and also in the administration.
The /submit.php?stype=d method often generated an blank page with the text :

Prevented an unwanted file upload attempt - 3!

The method via administration says everything is ok, yet do not list the submitted download. It is not in the downloads list, nor in the submitted files list. File size is set to allow 100MB. We also checked with the WebHost if they could see anything related in their logs and settings, but nothing there.

Actions:
So I went ahead and did two tings... first I upgraded from 9.03 (?) to 9.10.10. Then I noticed you implemented another upgrade functionality, kudos on that, 9.10.11 done... I also disabled the MIME check - see more below..

Then the Administration upload started working again but after several tests the /submit.php?stype=d is still not working correctly, seems it won't take uploads larger than about 70MB, I tested a 73MB and it did not upload despite a "Thank you for submitting your download".
It does not show up under Admin / Content / Downloads / Submissions. Limit was still set to 100MB. Please fix.

Also when you upload a file that is bordering the set limit in administration, you need to remember how the filesystem reports file sizes here, if you have a limit set at 100MB and have a file in Windows that is 96MB, the real size on the filesystem could still be slightly larger.
i.imgur.com/KfG7R4L.png

What's annoying here is that PHP-Fusion does not tell you the file is too large. What it does is it logs you out. After the upload is not done the page refreshes and you are out of the logged on session and you don't even see the login dialogue until you refresh the index page.

(MIME check wrecks havoc on downloads upload and ruined many of my tests. Those who were ok without MIME check, was not with MIME check - I leave it OFF - also crashes your session back to index if the upload fails).
0 replies

2 posts

C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Sorry to hear your dillema.

Can you give us the file extension. .rar or .zip, and check with a mime type check software what kind is it using it here https://www.htmlstrip.com/mime-file-t...pe-checker , does it say - application/x-dosexec ?

If you provide info on this, I can fix it and give you think link to the fixes.

Another thing is, since you're dealing with large file uploads, I advice you put 500mb file limit... don't put just the right numbers. If I recall correctly, we do 1,000 Kb to 1 Mb, which in reality is 1,024 kb to 1 mb, so you're setting 24kb less.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Hiya Freddie. smile

I use WinRar to pack the files and I pack the as *.zip

Testing on the site you linked gave me:

application/zip

but I was not able to test a bit larger files like above 20 MB, did only do a couple of tests.

I actually set 100 to have ample space, the original problematic file we where trying to put up on the site was only about 25MB

https://www.homeworldaccess.net/infus...oad_id=131
Edited by Homdax on 14-01-2022 09:01,
0 replies

Labels

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 2 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

H
H
Homdax 10
C
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet