Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Documentations

Asked Modified Viewed 1,188 times
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
asked
Veteran Member

Ask @Falk or @Chan for the documentation. I stopped developing fusion weeks ago.. (I'm just active here for now). (Yes there is also karrak but he never added something useful into system so ignore him and actually, he is also inactive..).

The documentation can also be written by anyone in community, as it's available at Github. Also each docs page has Edit button at bottom. The real community also contributes to the system itself, not only taking. Problem is that here many people have no clue how to edit even stupid simple css.. So fusion doesn't have a real community.
0 replies

4 posts

G
Grimloch
G
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; only transformed !
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 722 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@RobiNN
I want to add my 2cents worth here even if it gets me kicked off the forum. I haven't done any forum searching myself so I'll say that first; though I have in the past for other things. Fusion9 is a really great CMS and has evolved/progressed tremendously fast. So much so that I think the average Joe/webmaster is at a loss especially if they grew up with ver 6 and 7. I have actually been wondering how to do this myself but the main point of my post is this. Is there anyplace in the docs where this is spelled out and if not (and I haven't looked for it), then it needs to be. Most webmasters are faced with ongoing 'host feature updates and changes' and absolutely cannot run ver7 anymore as it's not even supported. There is ver8 which is a nice stepping stone but eventually everyone that stays with Fusion will be forced to go to ve9. I personally am very pleased with ver9 and am struggling like a lot of people to learn it. I know RobiNN that you're pretty much a one man show around and I applaud you for what you have done here. Your knowledge of php and mysql is astounding. I guess this is my pitch for more comprehensive documentation.
I apologize in advance if I offend.
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

Thanks for responding so quickly RobiNN. I'll pursue this later with Chan or Falk or both.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Fusion9 is a really great CMS and has evolved/progressed tremendously fast. So much so that I think the average Joe/webmaster is at a loss especially if they grew up with ver 6 and 7.

Thank you, Chan and I actually worked day and night a few years to lay the fundation and set the path for v9, all in the open with Github and Public collaboration. Most of the community was not interested tbh. However it turned out really nice with a solid and modern CMS. Rob has done an amazing work to polish & improve for a long time.

Most webmasters are faced with ongoing 'host feature updates and changes' and absolutely cannot run ver7 anymore as it's not even supported.

This is why we took some of the early development from v9 and released v8. With v8 out and the general support for the older PHP and MySQL functions phased out on most hosts there are simply no point for us to keep support on v7. It all is explained in the release : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusion...admore=624

As Rob mentions, anyone can and are free to help with the documentations.
Edited by Falk on 28-02-2022 06:02,
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@Falk
Thanks for the great feedback Falk. As for myself, there is no formal training in php/mysql that I can draw from. I learned everything by rote, along the way by doing and experimenting with code. I really feel that I have come a long way with understanding the code but I'm not sure that I'm qualified to make any significant contributions. Having said that I will make some effort to take a closer look at the docs on github and if there are areas that I see where I can help I will.
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 4 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
G
G
  • Answered 2 questions
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet