Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Hacker Alert!

Locked Asked Modified Viewed 6,992 times
L
lamborgini8
L
www.fs-addons.net
FS2004/X Addons!
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 135 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Ok, sorry if this is in the wrong section. A member of my site has attempted to hack it today and I thought this would be important for you to know. The user didnt as such hack the site but used a upload form to upload a virus to my site which has now been deleted.

The user goes by the following information:
Username: marcus
Email: maceo @ dogmile.com (obtained via virus file)
IP: 217.219.95.237
Virus File Name: CmdAsp.asp

No other information is given. I am gathering proof and evidence to take action against this person, I would suggest you blacklist the above IP.

After uploading the virus the user then posts a message on the forums.
Edited by Falk on 04-04-2007 15:23,
0 replies

17 posts

M
m_a_f
M
m_a_f 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 29 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

Disconnect quickly "Topsites" - they climb through him.!!
0 replies
M
m_a_f
M
m_a_f 10
  • Contributed 29 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

85.105.216.170 - - [02/Apr/2007:19:31:11 +0300] "GET /images/photoalbum/album_5/img_0198_t1.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 2746 "http://www.my_site/infusions/topliste/index.php?cid=-1/**/UNION/**/SELECT/**/0,1,2,3,user_name,user_password,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20/**/FROM/**/fusion_users/*" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; tr; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3"
0 replies
L
lamborgini8
L
www.fs-addons.net
FS2004/X Addons!
  • Member, joined since
answered

m_a_f wrote:
85.105.216.170 - - [02/Apr/2007:19:31:11 +0300] "GET /images/photoalbum/album_5/img_0198_t1.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 2746 "http://www.my_site/infusions/topliste/index.php?cid=-1/**/UNION/**/SELECT/**/0,1,2,3,user_name,user_password,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20/**/FROM/**/fusion_users/*" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; tr; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3"

Whats this? and why would the topsites be a problem?
0 replies
B
BloodKiller
B
Proud to be Lithuanian!!
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 5 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

lamborgini8 wrote:

m_a_f wrote:

Whats this? and why would the topsites be a problem?

It is the new arcade infusion exploit. :D :D
0 replies
T
tiido
T
tiido 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
answered

87.101.240.9 - - [03/Apr/2007:13:59:22 +0300] "GET /bf/infusions/arcade/index.php?op=view_game_list&cid=-1/**/union/**/select/**/null,user_name,user_password,null,null,null/**/from/**/fusion_users/* HTTP/1.1" 200 171 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"

its from acces_log

"they" got my database deleted ...
0 replies
B
BloodKiller
B
Proud to be Lithuanian!!
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Tiido wrote:
87.101.240.9 - - [03/Apr/2007:13:59:22 +0300] "GET /bf/infusions/arcade/index.php?op=view_game_list&cid=-1/**/union/**/select/**/null,user_name,user_password,null,null,null/**/from/**/fusion_users/* HTTP/1.1" 200 171 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"

its from acces_log

"they" got my database deleted ...

But this 'hacker' is lamer. :D He used only default arcade infusion exploit. :(
0 replies
U
UCTXs
U
UCTXs 10
  • Contributed 37 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

lol .... BloodKiller, are you going to explain how to fix these exploits your finding.
0 replies
B
BloodKiller
B
Proud to be Lithuanian!!
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

uctxs wrote:
lol .... BloodKiller, are you going to explain how to fix these exploits your finding.

Simple. Change your site prefix (for example fusion_ into 71jFksjsudOQP02_) and you will live safely. ;)
0 replies
M
Murat
M
Murat 10

Türkiyenin En Büyük PHP-FUSION Forumlarına Hoş Geldiniz.

Php-Fusion Türkiye Forever Team!

Turkish Support www.phpfusion.gen.tr

Themes Support www.fusiontema.com

English Support www.phpfusion.us

Extreme-Fusion Turkish www.extreme-fusion.gen.tr

• Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
answered

yes disable topsite and arcede infusions
0 replies
M
moppentappers
M
  • Contributed 26 posts on the community forums.
answered

and a way starglowone can fix the bug?
0 replies
L
lamborgini8
L
www.fs-addons.net
FS2004/X Addons!
  • Member, joined since
answered

I don't have the arcade infusion anyway and I will wait and see what my co admin discovers first.
0 replies
S
StarglowOne
S
If you see one star glow in the sky, it might be me. grin

My Sites:
fusion.starglowone.eu
www.starglowone.eu
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 70 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 19 threads in the forums
answered

Ok, heres a fix. I got help from Digi. I really hope i got it right now. So use these files and you should be safe. As usual, backup before. Update your arcade with these files.
0 replies
F
Forseti
F
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 7 posts on the community forums.
answered

Bloodkiller: Could you explain how changing the names of tables would protect you from this Exploit?

Using mysql as of version 5.0.2 its REALLY easy to retrieve the tablenames, just alter the above request a bit and your on your way to hacker heaven again..:(

I will not post here how to do it (using php-fusion my self and i don't want these kind of things floating around in public..).

Just recently had my site hacked by the Arcade crap.. Also found out that calendar_panel has the same problem, good damn who makes these crapy pieces of software???:@
0 replies
S
StarglowOne
S

My Sites:
fusion.starglowone.eu
www.starglowone.eu
  • Member, joined since
answered

Forseti wrote:
Bloodkiller: Could you explain how changing the names of tables would protect you from this Exploit?

Using mysql as of version 5.0.2 its REALLY easy to retrieve the tablenames, just alter the above request a bit and your on your way to hacker heaven again..:(

I will not post here how to do it (using php-fusion my self and i don't want these kind of things floating around in public..).

Just recently had my site hacked by the Arcade crap.. Also found out that calendar_panel has the same problem, good damn who makes these crapy pieces of software???:@

if the arcade is so crappy, why use it? Its your choice, we havent told you t use it.
0 replies
F
Forseti
F
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 7 posts on the community forums.
answered

StarglowOne wrote:

Forseti wrote:

if the arcade is so crappy, why use it? Its your choice, we havent told you t use it.

LOL i guess your one of the guys who did a NOT SO GOOD JOB..

Why not say "hey Im sorry our software got your site hacked and all your user passwords comprimised but here is the solution to get your site up and runing again in a safe way.."??? Do you really realise what this software has done?? I would be a bit more noble in my sayings if i were in any way involved in this software. But you are correct, its my choice I hope we all learn from this and:

1) Make BETTER software (with SECURITY in #1 position)
2) Don't Install cool plugins (or infusions in this case) that hasn't been developed by you (and you know its secure) or by someone you really really trust.
3) Keep your site up to date with the latest version of softwares and also regulary search the internet for exploits or hacks being used on your software. (The third point i really hope is being merged into next versions of php-fusion so that we don't have to experience these kind of widely spreading attacks).
0 replies
S
StarglowOne
S

My Sites:
fusion.starglowone.eu
www.starglowone.eu
  • Member, joined since
answered

So you mean that it is only infusions that make sites using this cms insecure? At least thats how it sound when you're writing. But i know there has been sequrity leaks in the cms itself, but where were you then complianing about a badly written cms?

We who make the infusions/mods make misstakes too, so have the cms author, and both of us made fast fixes to secure the scripts again.

Sure there was a sequrity error in the arcade, but we at least made a update and fixed it.
The biggest problem i see with this exploit is that users using the arcade havent updated their infusions with the fixes and have used toplist too and forgott to defuse that one when it had the same exploit. The fix for the arcade was released yesterday as soon as i had finished going through the code.

So in my opinion, instead of talking down others work, why not help out instead.

And i do know what this software has done, but it seem like everyone blames the arcade solely, when there has been the exact same exploit in other infusion, and there hasnt been any fixes for that one yet that i know of.
0 replies
K
KEFF
K
KEFF 10
Member of Executive Committee. No sites running.
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 797 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

OK fellas, no need to bicker amongst ourselves, the issue with Arcade infusion has been dealt with, knock it off.

Nota Bene: StarglowOne did not write the Arcade infusion for starters.
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 17 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 10 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet