Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

PHP FUSION vs Frontpage

Asked Modified Viewed 4,598 times
R
rthie
R
rthie 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hello,

I am a newbie here and want to know what is the difference between PHP FUSION vs Microsoft front page which has a WYSIWYG HTML editor or Dreamweaver or even Wordpress? I own and operate a web publishing business and need to know how PHP FUSION can enhance my business?

Thanks Robert
0 replies

7 posts

C
cabi
C
cabi 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 31 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
answered

PHP Fusion is ready CMS - where you need just to upload the core files to your server - than follow easy install and your web is ready for users. This can be done i few minutes for advanced user.

Meanwhile using WYSIWYG editor you can spend hours and hours or days to create the site and publish it.

This is the main difference.

Wordpress is CMS like PHP Fusion - so no difference if you look at them like CMS systems. If you go through both CMS they have some differencies like user interface, administration etc.

Answer to your last question is difficult - what business are you doing ? what are you expecting?

If you need more info - go read the homepage welcome message.
Edited by cabi on 04-07-2010 03:02,
0 replies
R
Reload86
R
  • Contributed 32 posts on the community forums.
answered

It can't really enhance your business as you can't sell it, but the difference is that php fusion and wordpress are cms's (already made) Microsoft front page and dreamweaver allow you to create a website with their software.

In laymans terms, cms's would be like a cd already burnt which you can put into a player and listen, microsoft fp and dreamweaver would be the machine used to make the cd.
0 replies
— 1 month later —
A
AmazingGrayce
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
answered

I've heard this question multiple times. Reload and cabi are both correct. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I'd just like to add that FrontPage is absolutely horrendous. Stay clear of it and save yourself the trouble.
0 replies
N
NucleusTime
N
«We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.» — Douglas Adams
Check out my USB Flash Drive Blog.
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

LOL, I remember working with Frontpage about 10 years ago when I made my first website. I had no clue about html, was afraid of it, thus the "easy" WYSIWYG route...of course it wasnt easy at all and turned out to be quite a pain in the end! (Though I did get to publish that site) Thank god for php and CMS these days. It will be interesting to see if PHP Fusion can overcome Wordpress at some point.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,247 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

I would like to point out that Frontpage does not exist anymore as a separate software. It was repleced even before the release of Office 2007 with ExpressionWeb.

At the same time Word and other Office applications got better html filtering (save as.. filtered html).

I realise Frontpage 2003 is deemed a pretty competent editor (for Microsoft html standards at the given time :P ) but it is also 7-8 years old.

I really do not see the point in comparing a 7 year old software with current EXTRAORDINARY freeware such as Eclipse and others.

And the comparison of an editor with a readymade CMS seems even stranger. I mean, how many seconds of Google'ing does it take to find out what CMS are? You use editors to code. Period. The result of that code can be anything, it can be a web page, it can be a javascript, it can be a form template, a Java.bean, a C# application.

Frontpage, as the given example, is the TOOL. A CMS would be the PRODUCT. And Frontpage does not even support php...

If you want a Microsoft Freeware Editor with PHP support, get Microsoft Visual Studio Express, browse the plugins and download the PHP support.

Sorry for long post...:D
Edited by Homdax on 04-10-2010 17:54,
0 replies
H
HobbyMan
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

I've no problem admitting that I've been using Frontpage for years and still am. I tried ExpressionWeb and found it very buggy, so back to my trusted FP.
I've tried various other editors over years and always ended up coming back to FP. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft but every dog has his day. I don't use it for building sites as the extensions are a pain in the **s.
I tried Microsoft VSE and it gave me a headache.
I hadn't heard about Eclipse so I'll give it a go seeing as it has the "Homdax Seal of Approval" ;)
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

You Heretic!

I will freely admit that I used FP and Expression Web for several years. Only because they hade some menu shortcuts that made a special kind of job I did, faster than with any other editor.

But there you go, with experience and having tried out a number of editors one usually find that editor1 is good at one thing, editor2 is best at the second and editor3 rocks on the third thingie.

Sad in a a way, but true.
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 7 members

7 participants

H
H
Homdax 10
H
H
Just some Guy
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,486 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 91 threads in the forums
C
C
cabi 10
  • Contributed 31 posts on the community forums.
R
R
  • Contributed 32 posts on the community forums.
R
R
rthie 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
A
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
N
N
«We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.» — Douglas Adams
Check out my USB Flash Drive Blog.
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet