Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

User verification email not sending

Asked Modified Viewed 5,768 times
J
jokes
J
jokes 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I am having an issue on one site with the verification email on registration not sending out. The site has been active for 2 weeks, and I figure the problem started a few days ago at least. I have not done any work on the files of the site, and registration works fine without the email verification turned on. Any suggestions? I believe users were getting the emails the first week... then it just stopped working.

TIA! and Happy Holidays!
0 replies

5 posts

S
saracensr
S
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
answered

double check the email address under the main settings.

usually when this isn't filled out correctly it brings up the "send mail failure" message and/or the "page not found" error for those members trying to activate their accounts.
0 replies
J
jokes
J
jokes 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

The site email is fine, I even changed it to test it on another mail addy, but still no luck. I also tested by using the contact.php page and the server sent an email just fine. Just the user registration is not sending out.

Also, I am not getting any errors when registering... the email just never gets sent out. I am testing using a real email, not a hotmail, yahoo, or other online mail type where the verification may get canned into the junk folder.

Now I am also noticing by looking at the database through phpmyadmin, that the new registered user that is trying to wait for verification is not even added to the database under _users column... shouldn't they be listed in there, even though they have not been verified yet?

I see where the information goes... new users waiting to be verified go into a table called... new_users B).. makes sense... anyways... I just tried again, and the information the user registering puts in goes to the new_user table, but still no email.
Edited by jokes on 18-12-2006 21:36,
0 replies
W
WEC
W
WEC 10
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Pending users are listed in the _new_users table. Upon successful registration or activation by admin, the user is moved to the _users table.
0 replies
J
jokes
J
jokes 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

That's all understandable, just need to find clues as to why the email is not being sent/delivered for the user to verify themselves. I also do not have admin interaction required, so the user must verify from email... but they cannot if they never get the email. I don't beleive it's a delivery issue, it's more of a send issue... that just HAPPENED one day without any reason. Any clues on what I can check, besides the site email setting (which is correct and has been changed and tested a few times). I have even had the server rebooted, in case it was a php issue on server, but that did not correct the issue either.
0 replies
W
WEC
W
WEC 10
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

You can preview this in a custom page to test PHPFusion sendmail function. Edit the e-mail address:

<?php
require_once INCLUDES."sendmail_include.php";

$toname = "Mr_Bbbb";

$toemail = "blabla@gmail.com";

$fromname = "Meee";

$fromemail = "blabla@gmail.com";

$subject = "My Subject";

$message = "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3. Test PHPFusion sendemail";

// Send
sendemail($toname,$toemail,$fromname,$fromemail,$subject,$message, 'plain', '', '');

echo "Sent";
?>

If you receive the e-mail, then your sending e-mails is working and you probably got an error in either script, database or configuration.
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet