Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Upgrade from 7.02.07 to 8.00.21 to 9.03 > a Success story, but not without glitches.

Asked Modified Viewed 3,978 times
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked
Fusioneer

First of all this is on a test site, testing the upgrade.

I have many, many, many errors. The most flagrant is the lack of my Forums. Also the lack of defined menus.. the lack of... well, a lot.

I think this could be due to the site upgrade script running on PHP version 5.5.38, which is below the requirements. I can switch, but at what stage do I switch PHP version? Before or after the upgrade? Do I switch to 5.6 or 7.0 or 7.3?

Merged on 04/20/2019:
ok, setting anything above 5.6 makes the site go up in smoke. Literally. Blank page.

Merged on 04/20/2019:
Upgrade on 5.6 causes the site to go blank while upgrading the database.

Wonderful.

Merged on 04/20/2019:
After file upload, site is still blank. Switching between PHP version do not help. Files are there. Database is in place, uncertain whether it has been upgraded.

Merged on 04/20/2019:
Hum, all files and folders are 644.... changing that

Merged on 04/20/2019:
Starting over a bit later....
Edited by Homdax on 15-09-2019 13:03,
0 replies

26 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

ok, setting anything above 5.6 makes the site go up in smoke. Literally. Blank page.

Yes, on PHPFusion 7 MySQL support is the only option but these database drivers do not exist in anything above PHP 5.6.
The issue you explain will probably be more and more common when people try to upgrade, esp the higher we get on the PHP base version the harder it will get to upgrade.

After file upload, site is still blank. Switching between PHP version do not help. Files are there. Database is in place, uncertain whether it has been upgraded.

There should be only two reasons why the site is fully blank,

1, The database drivers is not initiated, script can simply not proceed.
Fix : You must add
$db_driver = 'pdo';
(or mysqli) in the config.php as described in the step by step upgrade. Double check it.

2, .htaccess incompatibility. While I have yet seen it on PHPFusion 8 yet, We have had our fair share of environment glitches and .htaccess files.
Fix: Delete the whole .htaccess file. ( Save a copy default file is very good ).

Update test this tool as well for blank white pages : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusion...d_id=39622
Edited by N/A on 21-04-2019 06:04,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

I did add the pdo support, even checked it was available in the PHP conf. But if files get chmod 644 on upload I think I need to check that first, as I upload, before attempting to run them.
Edited by Homdax on 21-04-2019 09:44,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Just typing step by step here now

[olist=1]uploaded the upgrade files
checked file permissions, made sure 755
original php version is 5.5 - changed php version to 7.0 - checked that php has pdo enable and pdo_mysql (target site goes blank)
changed back to php 5.6 - target site works but with utf8 characters issue
running upgrade script on php 5.6
switched site language to English - no standard theme available, hoping it will work with Ddraig
step 1 maintenance ok
step 2 info ok
step 3 insert pdo driver code in config.php OK - (double checked the file contents directly on server)
step 4 new htaccess info ok
step 5 database upgrade info
step 6 - presented with site on Ddraig Theme and UTF8 garbled characters. But site works. (/administration/upgrade.php?aid=82ae379fe73493d3&upgrade_ok)

Result, site with mixed utf8 issues, but basically functional, aside from a huge amount of stuff to fix.

uploading new files - Again, running on php 5.6.

Result site functional, but no way to get in to administration, no links, and garbled utf8 issues.
Trying switch to php 7.0 - checked config.php for pdo, yes it's there.
Site is still working, I am still logged in, but nu working links to Administration.
Changing Theme from Ddraig to Atom-X via database. Works
Entering Admin Panel... despite changing Language to English, loads of stuff and links in Swedish... wth...?
Found language... ah, the additional stuff - language availability. - setting all to English
Still lots of things missing inside administration
Forums are gone -- but they exist in database
Trying changing to higher version of Php 7 - no apparent difference
Activating error_reporting, see if I can get a log in txt format, since the admin log is useless in the format its presented. (add an export function perhaps?)
[/olist]
_NOTICE Error in file layout.php at line 18 : Undefined index: charset E_NOTICE Error in file layout.php at line 21 : Undefined index: xml_lang E_NOTICE Error in file layout.php at line 21 : Undefined index: text-direction E_NOTICE Error in file layout.php at line 24 : Undefined index: charset E_NOTICE Error in file layout.php at line 41 : Undefined index: text-direction
E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 126 : Undefined index: welcome E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 134 : Undefined index: global_200 E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 134 : Undefined index: global_202 E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 140 : Undefined index: view E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 140 : Undefined index: profile E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 141 : Undefined index: global_121 E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 143 : Undefined index: settings E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 144 : Undefined index: edit E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 144 : Undefined index: profile E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 145 : Undefined index: global_123 E_NOTICE Error in file functions.php at line 147 : Undefined index: global_124

No menu items

E_WARNING Error in file functions.php at line 190 : require_once(locale/Default/user_fields.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'locale/Default/user_fields.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home/catranmalb/domains/catharinamalmborg.se/public_html/v8-f6vem8aky7ayx/themes/Atom-X8/functions.php on line 190 E_COMPILE_ERROR Error in file functions.php at line 190 : require_once(): Failed opening required 'locale/Default/user_fields.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear')

Path locale / default/.. what is that? There is no such path.

In addition to that there are like 20 pages of errors in the Admin Error log. Huge amount of
administration/settings_news.php
Undefined offset: 605 131

with variation of numbers.

Site is broken and if no better outcome is to be expected or any obvious errors fixed, this is nothing I can use on a production site running in the EXACT same environment.
Edited by Homdax on 21-04-2019 11:10,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Good summary, the errors I see says that you still have not forced English, a lot of settings called for only exists in the English locale before completed with a new Swedish.

loads of stuff and links in Swedish... wth...?

When you install a site all these links are stored in the database with selected locale, despite language setting later on it will be the same. But in 8 you have the choice to toggle it back and forth from the Language Admin.
Edited by N/A on 21-04-2019 11:13,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

I know about the locale, its standard procedure.

Maybe there are updated locale files for 7.02.07 that I have missed because I am pretty darn sure I switched before the upgrade attempt?
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

I have not updated anything to Swedish as of yet,
But did you replace all English locale files with the new ones in the 8 pack ? If you did not do this the result will be similar as running an outdated Swedish locale.
To clarify, you only need the upgrade locale files for the upgrade part.
It is what comes after that is important. One of the errors displayed above says that $locale['text-direction'] is missing, that variable is only present in the new English/global.php locale.
I don´t know if you would would have any more luck with the procedure on a high PHP version, See this : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusion...d_id=39624
Edited by N/A on 22-04-2019 05:31,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

So you set PHP version 5.6 and go from there in the procedure you link to... just making sure.

OK, here we go again....

Posting the current site configuration in regards to php and mysql:
Edited by Homdax on 22-04-2019 10:07,
Homdax attached the following image:
Image not found
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

But... but WTH

I removed the Swedish locale, and removed the entry for Swedish Locale and deleted the files and updated the test site and thought it would rid me of the Swedish locale from the admin interface but it is still there?
Database entries for Admin interface are still in Swedish... Yes I recall we made those changes adding the stuff to db, but right now i need to get rid of it.

That seems to be causing issues with the upgrade, the lack of a complete locale set for Swedish.
0 replies
W
Wanabo
W
Wanabo 10
www.probemyip.com/probe-my-ip-80x15.png
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 598 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 94 threads in the forums
answered

I've installed 2 new sites with php-fusion 8, I hope to start soon with upgrading existing sites.
Even with new installs I had some problems related to locale files. Adding and deleting locale files in the administration panel the site messed up.
By the way only $db_driver = 'pdo'; works. The mysqli driver produces errors, like wrong paths.

I don't need multi locale on most of my sites so I only keep the English locale, but translate this to for example Dutch. (/locale/English <-- is in fact Dutch)
Make sure you have the correct settings in global.php

setlocale(LC_TIME, "nl_NL.utf8"); // Linux Server (Windows may differ)
$locale['charset'] = "utf-8";
$locale['region'] = "NL";
$locale['xml_lang'] = "nl";
$locale['short_lang_name'] = "nl";
$locale['tinymce'] = "nl";
$locale['select2'] = "nl";
$locale['phpmailer'] = "nl";
$locale['filemanager'] = "nl_NL";
$locale['datepicker'] = "nl-nl";
$locale['datepicker_js'] = "DD-m-YYYY H:mm:ss";
$locale['datepicker_php'] = "d-m-Y H:i:s";
$locale['password_strength'] = "nl";
$locale['date_day'] = "%d %b";
$locale['text-direction'] = "ltr";

And for the upgrade check Upgrade_7.02.07_8.00.22\locale\English\setup.php to match your locale (not tested yet)
$locale['xml_lang'] = "nl";
$locale['charset'] = "utf8";
$locale['001'] = "Step 1: Locale";
$locale['002'] = "Step 2: File and Folder Permissions";
$locale['003'] = "Step 3: Database Settings";
$locale['004'] = "Step 4: Config / Database Setup";
$locale['005'] = "Step 5: Primary Admin Details";
$locale['006'] = "Step 6: Final Settings";
$locale['007'] = "Next";
$locale['008'] = "Try Again";
$locale['009'] = "Finish";

Don't know if this helps
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

It's English in root/locale/English/global.php

// Locale Settings
setlocale(LC_TIME, "en","GB"); // Linux Server (Windows may differ)
$locale['charset'] = "iso-8859-1";
$locale['xml_lang'] = "en";
$locale['tinymce'] = "en";
$locale['phpmailer'] = "en";

I have set the site to English and removed the Swedish locale. So just trying to ignore it´, I could of course drop the admin table and import the one from setup.php in a full 7.02.07 setup package BEFORE the 8 upgrade

$result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('AD', 'admins.gif', '".$locale['080']."', 'administrators.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('APWR', 'admin_pass.gif', '".$locale['128']."', 'admin_reset.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('AC', 'article_cats.gif', '".$locale['081']."', 'article_cats.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('A', 'articles.gif', '".$locale['082']."', 'articles.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('SB', 'banners.gif', '".$locale['083']."', 'banners.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('BB', 'bbcodes.gif', '".$locale['084']."', 'bbcodes.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('B', 'blacklist.gif', '".$locale['085']."', 'blacklist.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('C', '', '".$locale['086']."', 'reserved', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('CP', 'c-pages.gif', '".$locale['087']."', 'custom_pages.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('DB', 'db_backup.gif', '".$locale['088']."', 'db_backup.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('DC', 'dl_cats.gif', '".$locale['089']."', 'download_cats.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('D', 'dl.gif', '".$locale['090']."', 'downloads.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('ERRO', 'errors.gif', '".$locale['129']."', 'errors.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('FQ', 'faq.gif', '".$locale['091']."', 'faq.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('F', 'forums.gif', '".$locale['092']."', 'forums.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('IM', 'images.gif', '".$locale['093']."', 'images.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('I', 'infusions.gif', '".$locale['094']."', 'infusions.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('IP', '', '".$locale['095']."', 'reserved', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('M', 'members.gif', '".$locale['096']."', 'members.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('NC', 'news_cats.gif', '".$locale['097']."', 'news_cats.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('N', 'news.gif', '".$locale['098']."', 'news.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('P', 'panels.gif', '".$locale['099']."', 'panels.php', '3')");

$result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('PH', 'photoalbums.gif', '".$locale['100']."', 'photoalbums.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('PI', 'phpinfo.gif', '".$locale['101']."', 'phpinfo.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('PO', 'polls.gif', '".$locale['102']."', 'polls.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('SL', 'site_links.gif', '".$locale['104']."', 'site_links.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('SM', 'smileys.gif', '".$locale['105']."', 'smileys.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('SU', 'submissions.gif', '".$locale['106']."', 'submissions.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('U', 'upgrade.gif', '".$locale['107']."', 'upgrade.php', '3')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('UG', 'user_groups.gif', '".$locale['108']."', 'user_groups.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('WC', 'wl_cats.gif', '".$locale['109']."', 'weblink_cats.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('W', 'wl.gif', '".$locale['110']."', 'weblinks.php', '1')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S1', 'settings.gif', '".$locale['111']."', 'settings_main.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S2', 'settings_time.gif', '".$locale['112']."', 'settings_time.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S3', 'settings_forum.gif', '".$locale['113']."', 'settings_forum.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S4', 'registration.gif', '".$locale['114']."', 'settings_registration.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S5', 'photoalbums.gif', '".$locale['115']."', 'settings_photo.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S6', 'settings_misc.gif', '".$locale['116']."', 'settings_misc.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S7', 'settings_pm.gif', '".$locale['117']."', 'settings_messages.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S8', 'settings_news.gif', '".$locale['121']."', 'settings_news.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S9', 'settings_users.gif', '".$locale['122']."', 'settings_users.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S10', 'settings_ipp.gif', '".$locale['124']."', 'settings_ipp.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S11', 'settings_dl.gif', '".$locale['123']."', 'settings_dl.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('S12', 'security.gif', '".$locale['125']."', 'settings_security.php', '4')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('UF', 'user_fields.gif', '".$locale['118']."', 'user_fields.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('FR', 'forum_ranks.gif', '".$locale['119']."', 'forum_ranks.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('UFC', 'user_fields_cats.gif', '".$locale['120']."', 'user_field_cats.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('UL', 'user_fields.gif', '".$locale['129a']."', 'user_log.php', '2')");
         $result = dbquery("INSERT INTO ".$db_prefix."admin (admin_rights, admin_image, admin_title, admin_link, admin_page) VALUES ('ROB', 'robots.gif', '".$locale['129b']."', 'robots.php', '3')");

but it just feels so overkill to have to take all this in to account. Not even sure if that code will work in php, or sql, probably need some adjustments. Does that even insert the proper content from a locale file or is it just the page links...

I thought the 8 setup/upgrade would overwrite this if English was detected. That is what one would expect with a new/upgraded interface?
Edited by Homdax on 22-04-2019 12:32,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

You do not need to change locale on the Admin, since 7 work the way it does. Meaning it will retain originally installed locales that where inserted to the DB on the initial install, regardless of what you Switch to later, you need to stick to them. The update only patch necessary areas. Once it is completed you can use the Language Settings and switch Site´s Main lang to Eng, Swe etc to reset the whole thing.
Provided that you have a complete Swedish tho.
The Language Setting is on the other hand new for 8 and it does what 7 never did, it replaces even the stored database locales for site links, admin areas, news and blog when you change Main language.
Edited by N/A on 22-04-2019 12:58,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Well, that is just the thing, I come up with a load of empty localisations in the Admin, and among those, the very setting that should allow me to change the localisation.

All I see, as I recall, was English or Swedish, there is a bunch of checkmarks below that I have no description for. So I really don't know what I am doing... at least to a certain extent.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

But if you make the upgrade in English the new entries that you need to toggle language later on should be visual.
Upgrade in English, once you have done that. Complete the Swedish Admin parts and then use the Language Setting to change site base Language and the database will update.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Small headsup, aiming for a 100% English upgrade, I have removed the barbaric language files, checked global.php and browsing around a bit in the Administration to make sure all entries are in English.

The site do have some layout related issues which I include, I am changing to Atom-X during-after the upgrade for now, if you think any of these may cause more serious errors please let me know.
Edited by Homdax on 26-04-2019 20:38,
Homdax attached the following image:
Image not found
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Deprecated should poof with the upgrade and the rest is just a custom panel not able to stream xml file that repeat the issue.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Here we go again.
Upgrading test site on subdomain on another space on the host, but with identical requirements aside from that.

[olist=1]Language set to English and database checked, any other locale files removed.
Dumping tables from test site > importing tables from Prod site. Verified English only.
Changed table setting to reflect correct domain entry in cells site_url and site_host (or logon won't work)
Verified English only in Administration.
No theme changes.
Same files, no action.
Switch PHP version from 5.5 > 5.6 prior to upgrade Consequence > high ascii garbled, as expected.
Check Admin > not affected.
Upgrade sequence
Step 1 Maintenance > ok
Step 2 > ok
Step 3 alter config php > ok
Step 5 > htaccess written > ok
Step 6 > db upgrade run > no errors
Site appears with Draig and a bit garbled, admin is browsable, version states 8.0.21
Uploading upgrade files (You do know there is a zero KB .htaccess file in the file package?, excluding it from upload)
Site switches to Atom-8, seems working,
Administration is working, Forums are there, lots of theme stuff obviously more or less broken, but site basically functional.
However, high ascii still looks garbled at first sight, a REFRESH seems to fix that.
Disabled RSS panel
Damn, utf8 on custom RSS feeds is not working. That is NOT PHPFusion fault though.
Several old infusions (really old) defused to see effect.
Trying to switch to higher PHP version: > 7.3 > works
RESULT > OK
[/olist]

Some remaining errors in the error log:
templates/panels.php(106) : eval()'d code
Trying to get property of non-object Line: 15
Trying to get property of non-object Line: 12    
Trying to get property of non-object Line: 10    
Trying to get property of non-object Line: 11    
Trying to get property of non-object Line: 9    
simplexml_load_file(http://www.moderat.se/skane/feeds/news.xml): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found Line: 5    
Undefined variable: itemtext Line: 65    
include(infusions/latest_news_panel/locale/English.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory Line: 53

Probably related to changes in default code.

I have lots to do in regards to adaptations and troubleshooting of the site. Considering we based the Prod one out of Ddraig I guess I might start from there, butt switching stuff a bit it might be easier to start from Stylo... dunno really. Atom-X is working best for functionality.

anyone care to adapt www.moderaterna.se for php-fusion as theme will have my eternal gratitude... :P
Edited by Homdax on 01-05-2019 11:49,
0 replies
W
Wanabo
W
Wanabo 10
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
answered

like Well done. Thorough procedure.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

If you toggle Bootstrap, disable global.css and default.css your orginal Theme should perform as expected.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

What if I decided to continue towards 9?
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 26 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
H
H
Homdax 10
W
W
Wanabo 10
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet