Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Adding video to news

Asked Modified Viewed 6,159 times
I
isuzucrewcab
I
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 70 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 32 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi,

I am trying to add flash videos to my news page. I managed to get one video up, but when I added a second one, it came up with a link to the first video and the first video link was blank.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Steve
0 replies

7 posts

I
isuzucrewcab
I
  • Member, joined since
answered

Here is the code that I used:

<center><p id='preview'>The player will show in this paragraph</p>

<script type='text/javascript' src='swfobject.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var s1 = new SWFObject('player.swf','player','400','300','9');
s1.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
s1.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
s1.addParam('flashvars','file=media/bourne & cherita.flv');
s1.write('preview');
</script>
0 replies
D
Daywalker
D
"Might and Greed will never outweigh Honor and Loyalty"

Come join us for IRC Support: Here
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 152 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 31 threads in the forums
answered

First, please respect the Code of Conduct. If you have not yet read it, please take a look. But for time, next time instead of double posting, edit your original post.

As you're posting in the v6 support forums i'll assume you're using v6. So in order to do this do the following:

Open administration/news.php and find:
<input type='button' value='alt' class='button' style='width:25px' onClick=\"addText('body', '<span class=\'alt\'>', '</span>');\"><br>

Replace with:
<input type='button' value='alt' class='button' style='width:25px' onClick=\"addText('body', '<span class=\'alt\'>', '</span>');\">
<input type='button' value='Video' class='button' style='width:45px' onclick=\"addText('body', '<object width=\'425\' height=\'350\'><param name=\'movie\' value=\'location of video\'></param><param name=\'wmode\' value=\'transparent\'></param><embed src=\'location of video', '\' type=\'application/x-shockwave-flash\' wmode=\'transparent\' width=\'425\' height=\'350\'></embed></object>');\"><br>

Close, Save, and Upload file to the appropriate folder and you should have now an HTML button that will embed videos from places like Youtube into your News items.

When you click on the button it'll have 2 places called Location of video ... change those to the URL where the video is located.
Edited by Daywalker on 13-05-2009 07:04,
0 replies
I
isuzucrewcab
I
  • Member, joined since
answered

Hi Daywalker,

Sorry about the double post. Got the code to work.

Thanks
0 replies
T
team2win
T
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 125 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 26 threads in the forums
answered

Daywalker wrote:
First, please respect the Code of Conduct. If you have not yet read it, please take a look. But for time, next time instead of double posting, edit your original post.

As you're posting in the v6 support forums i'll assume you're using v6. So in order to do this do the following:

<input type='button' value='alt' class='button' style='width:25px' onClick=\"addText('body', '<span class=\'alt\'>', '</span>');\"><br>

Replace with:
<input type='button' value='alt' class='button' style='width:25px' onClick=\"addText('body', '<span class=\'alt\'>', '</span>');\">
<input type='button' value='Video' class='button' style='width:45px' onclick=\"addText('body', '<object width=\'425\' height=\'350\'><param name=\'movie\' value=\'location of video\'></param><param name=\'wmode\' value=\'transparent\'></param><embed src=\'location of video', '\' type=\'application/x-shockwave-flash\' wmode=\'transparent\' width=\'425\' height=\'350\'></embed></object>');\"><br>

Close, Save, and Upload file to the appropriate folder and you should have now an HTML button that will embed videos from places like Youtube into your News items.

When you click on the button it'll have 2 places called Location of video ... change those to the URL where the video is located.

I loaded up your code, but I didn't notice any other html button or an extra button... where's the button located?

Thanks in advance
0 replies
D
Daywalker
D
"Might and Greed will never outweigh Honor and Loyalty"

Come join us for IRC Support: Here
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 152 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 31 threads in the forums
answered

team2win wrote:

Daywalker wrote:

Replace with:

I loaded up your code, but I didn't notice any other html button or an extra button... where's the button located?

Thanks in advance

If you're using v6 then the button will be located right after the Alt button. This code only works for v6.
0 replies
L
las7h0p3
L
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

Can you tell us how to make one button for TinyMCE HTML too ?

And the code dosn't work... It gives me a blank square.... I changed all the location of video and nothing :s ...

Moderator Note: Bumping is against the Code of Conduct which you can find located in the navigation bar. I've removed the bump post.
Edited by Daywalker on 18-06-2009 02:24,
0 replies
L
las7h0p3
L
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

Can someone help me please ? Sorry for my 2nd post but I realy need this...
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet